In This Section
Resources and Helpful Links for International Students
Relevant Government Agencies
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service: the government agency that manages immigration to the United States. This website provides a variety of resources for cases including temporary employment in the United States, immigration and naturalization, individuals bringing family to the United States, etc.
- U.S. Department of State: travel advisories, visa and country information
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- International Students who are temporarily in the United States and eligible for Employment Authorization may refer to Application for Employment Authorization
- If you are an International Student who is looking to update your address with USCIS, read the terms and conditions on this website: Change your address online with U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services
- Know Your Rights: What To Do If You're Stopped by Police, Immigration Agents or the FBI Rights for International Travelers
- International House in Philadelphia: a multicultural residential center. This house is an independent, nonprofit organization that houses approximately 400 students, scholars and interns from over 65 countries. They promote cultural, educational and social programs.
- VisitPhilly.com: events, culture, transportation and nightlife in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is home to Fairmount Park, the country's largest urban park system, that has paved and mountain bike trails, hiking and horse trails, ponds and streams, athletic fields, and more.
- If you are processing an immigration case and need assistance from a lawyer you can access the American Immigration Lawyers Association
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495