In This Section
Resources and Helpful Links for International Students
- Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is the branch of government that monitors students in F-1 status. The organization’s website contains very useful information on rules and procedures related to F-1 status.
- The J-1 Exchange Visitor Program is overseen by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. J-1 Students and Scholars can find information or report any issues with the program here.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Serviceprocesses applications for students changing their visa status or applying for work authorization. Their website has up-to-date information on processing times and requirements for various applications.
- U.S. Department of Statewebsite provides information on the visa application process and processing times at different consulates and embassies internationally.
- Sign up for immigration alerts through an immigration law firm to keep aware of changes that might affect your status:
- Know Your Rights: What To Do If You're Stopped by Police, Immigration Agents or the FBI Rights for International Travelers
Get to Know Philadelphia
- VisitPhilly.com: events, culture, transportation and nightlife in Philadelphia
- Philly.com: Local news from the Philadelphia area
- Campus Philly: Events, networking opportunities and news for students in the Philadelphia area.
- Fairmount Park: With one of the world’s largest urban park systems, Philadelphia is a great city for exploring the great outdoors.
- International House in Philadelphia: a multicultural residential center housing students, scholars and interns from over 65 countries.
ISSS Program Manager
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495