In This Section
- I Need To
- On-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Summer and Short-term Housing
Housing Selection Process
Who Lives On Campus?
Housing is available to all students: incoming students (U1s), second-year students (U2s), and all students beyond their third year (U3/P1 and beyond). If you’re a U3/P1 or higher and wish to remain in, or return to on-campus housing, email Residence Life.
First- and second-year students under the age of 21 and whose permanent address at the time of their enrollment deposit is more than 30 miles from campus are required to reside in University housing.
During your first year, if you are not required but would like to live on campus, you may apply for a One- Year Housing Agreement. Please contact Residence Life.
- U3/P1 and higher students have first priority when selecting housing (based on availability).
- To guarantee their housing assignment, first-year students must electronically sign their housing agreement and pay the required tuition and housing deposit through the enrollment gateway by May 1.
Residents who wish to return to on-campus living will select housing during the spring through an online process.
Current Residents Selecting Your Room for Next Year (rising second year students and above)
First, acquaint yourself with the housing selection site via this this short video. Then follow these steps:
- Log in at housing.usciences.edu and create your unique username and password.
- Residents typically have already created a username and password prior to their first year living on campus. If you forgot your username and password, please email email@example.com.
Familiarize yourself with floor plans, where themed groups live, which accommodations are offered, and who lives nearby.
Housing Selection Information Sessions are offered in January to inform residents of the timeline and how to navigate through the housing selection site.
Register on your designated registration day, which is based on class standing and current hall assignment. Registration timeslots for current U1s are randomly assigned.
- Review and sign your housing agreement.
- The housing agreement is the same agreement that residents signed prior to their first living on campus. Please sign again, acknowledging the terms of occupancy.
Pay your $200 deposit if you’re new to housing; maintain a minimum $100 balance if you’re currently in housing.
- When it is time to sign up for housing:
- Select where you want to live.
- Choose your roommates from the dropdown menu and send them a roommate request.
- If your friend with an earlier selection timeslot requests you as a roommate, you must accept the request within 12 hours.
- Your timeslot remains open until the end of housing selection process. After you confirm your housing assignment, you must wait until the selection process is over to request any room changes.
- If you and your friends are interested in signing up for an entire suite in Osol, fill out an Osol Group Application before online selections starts.
- If you do not indicate a roommate preference, you will be randomly assigned a roommate of the same sex. Student Engagement tries to honor each student’s choices but cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored.
- Check your email in late July for your housing assignment.
Selecting Your Room Preferences (Incoming first year students and transfers)
- Pay your $200 deposit in conjunction with your tuition enrollment deposit. You can pay this deposit online via credit card, as well as electronically sign your housing agreement, at enroll.usciences.edu. You may also pay with a check via postal mail. If mailing in your deposit, please remember to also complete and return your paper copy of the housing agreement. Returning the paper copy of the housing agreement is only required of students not utilizing the online enrollment process.
- Log in at housing.usciences.edu and create your unique username and password. You may not be able to log in until your deposit has been processed.
- Review and sign your housing agreement.
- Choose your housing preferences. You will have the ability to indicate what their preferred room type (single, double, triple), hall (first years are placed in Goodman unless they are in the Honors Program), specialty floor (all-female, health and wellness, athlete, etc.), and even roommate (make sure they choose you too)! Student Engagement cannot guarantee that requests will be honored, however we will exhaust all efforts to accommodate students in accordance with our housing availability and resources.
- Check your email during the summer for your housing assignment and roommate information.
The following situations may qualify you to apply for a housing exemption:
- Permanent address within 30-mile radius of campus at time of enrollment deposit
- Significant demonstrated financial hardship
- Married or partnered (at start of academic year)
- Over 21 years of age (at start of academic year)
- Accommodation mandated by Americans with Disabilities Act
Please note that very few releases are granted, and until notified by Residence Life, you must remain in on-campus housing. Signing an off-campus lease does not grant a housing exemption.
If you believe you may qualify for an exemption, fill out a Housing Exemption Application form.
First-Year Housing and Roommate Requests
To ease the transition to USciences, first-year students may submit housing or roommate requests. The Office of Residence Life does its best, but cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored. A link to the incoming student housing and roommate request form will be emailed to students who placed a housing deposit in the spring.
Osol Hall Front Desk: 215-895-1125
Wilson Hall Front Desk: 215-895-1144
Division of Student Affairs: 215-596-8950
Public Safety: 215-596-7000
Student Health: 215-596-8980
Counseling Services: 215-596-8536
Associate Director of Residence Life
Residence Director, Goodman/Wilson Halls
Residence Director, Osol Hall