In This Section
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Physical therapy is a thriving area of healthcare and one of its most rewarding careers. USciences prepares you to develop as a skilled practitioner with a fast path to graduation and a wealth of clinical experience.
As an incoming freshman, you can earn your undergraduate degree in Health Science and your DPT in as little as 5.5 years. Graduate students can earn the DPT in just 2.5 years. Our condensed curriculum not only helps you enter the field faster, but it also strikes a healthy balance between academics and activities so you can enjoy all aspects of college life.
You’ll learn to assess and treat the body as a series of integrated systems through a curriculum built on the Movement System Framework. USciences is among the first institutions to adopt this framework endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Your clinical work integrates with your classroom learning and starts in your first year. You’ll treat real patients in local clinical settings, rehabilitation hospitals, and our pro-bono clinics.
In fall 2022, USciences fully expects to be part of Saint Joseph’s University.* You’ll still benefit from USciences’ proven expertise in healthcare and science, joined with Saint Joseph’s University’s strengths in business, education, and liberal arts. And we’re committed to ensuring that you receive that same high-quality education with proven value.
That’s why we’re offering FIXED tuition if you enroll in fall 2022 for the duration of the program. You’ll know the full price to earn your degree from the day you begin until you graduate. Apply to USciences today.
*Finalization of this merger is pending routine regulatory and accreditation requirements including approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more at usciences.edu/sju.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Our condensed curriculum allows you to enter the field quickly: You can earn your
undergraduate degree in Health Science and your DPT in as little as 5.5 years. Graduate
students can earn the DPT in just 2.5 years.
- Your exposure to patients starts in year one and includes three 12-week clinical experiences
with locations nationwide, giving you time to develop and hone new skills.
- Our faculty includes board certified specialists representing just about every practice
area. And they practice what they teach—most are expert clinicians and many engage
in rehabilitation research. All of them are outstanding instructors invested in your
- We offer a set tuition, so you’ll know the full price to earn your degree from the
day you begin. No hidden fees, no sudden increases, no surprises.
- We make it easy to advance. If you maintain the required GPA as an undergraduate,
you don’t need to take GREs or reapply for the graduate program.
- You’ll prepare to meet the complex needs of today’s patients as part of an interprofessional
healthcare team during collaborative clinical experiences with medical students from
the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. You’ll also take part in interdisciplinary
activities alongside our Pharmacy, OT, and Physician Assistant programs.
- You’ll have opportunities to engage in physical therapy research—a rarity among PT
- Because you graduate earlier than a typical May date, you’ll have a head start on board exams, additional certifications, advanced training opportunities, and the job market. Our students typically receive several job offers before graduation.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 215-596-8677 or email email@example.com
For USciences graduates who responded to the alumni survey 100% were employed within
one year of passing the licensure examination (2019 & 2020.)
The 2-year graduation rate is 92.1% (2020-2021.)
The two-year ultimate pass rate on the national licensure examination for the DPT classes of 2020-2021 is 94.7%. The first-time pass rate for the DPT class of 2021 was 81.8%. To access further details on pass rates, visit this link on the FSBPT website.
- Samson College Alumni Share Thoughts on Workplace Diversity
December 13, 2021
A panel of alumni from Samson College gathered at a roundtable event "Yield Ahead: Merging into the Workforce" hosted by the Samson College Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee on November 30, 2021.
- Alumni Publishes Research in Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
December 09, 2021
assistant Ross Fargnoli DPT'15, co-authored an article in the prestigious Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Alumna Brings Adaptive Sports Knowledge to PT Students
December 03, 2021
Adaptive sports has taken Judy Morrison MPT'93 around the world as she's helped athletes with disabilities on some of the world's biggest stages.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- 21st Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Explores Rehab for COVID Survivors
September 28, 2021
Over 200 faculty, staff, students, alumni, and clinicians attended the 21st Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture on September 23, 2021.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810