In This Section
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
As the U.S. population ages, there is increasing demand for trained healthcare professionals who can help individuals recover from injuries, prevent loss of mobility, and function at their highest level. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, you’ll play a critical and rewarding role in the evolving future of health care.
The USciences DPT degree program is a hands-on clinical program taught by doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists. You’ll start working with real patients in the first year of your professional curriculum, and participate in full-time clinical work at locations nationwide, with more than 200 companies. If you enter the program as a USciences freshman, you can complete the DPT in just six years. We also admit transfer and graduate professional students.
In the DPT program, you will learn to work as a member of an interprofessional healthcare team through a collaborative clinic with medical students from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).
What Sets Us Apart?
- The USciences DPT degree program requires no reapplying for the professional years
as long as you maintain the required GPA.
- If you enroll in the DPT program as a freshman, you can earn a Doctor of Physical
Therapy in just six years.
- Learn from a faculty of doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists with rich, diverse backgrounds.
- Our DPT program is immersive and evidence-based. You will learn by doing through our
pro bono community clinics and full-time clinical experiences.
- USciences Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) graduates are in high demand, typically receiving several job offers before graduation.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 215-596-8677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2-year graduation rate is 94.45% (2018-2019). The two-year ultimate pass rate on the national licensure examination for the DPT classes of 2018 and 2019 is 98.6% (100% 2018; 97.2% 2019). For USciences graduates who responded to the alumni survey, 100% were employed within 6 months of passing the licensure exam (2018). To access further details on pass rates, visit this link on the FSBPT website.
- USciences' DPT Clinical Experience Helps Alumnus Discover his Specialty
June 02, 2020
When Anthony Martin DPT'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in Philadelphia and New York City. Originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
- Physical Therapy Grad Finds Outlet for Interest in Oncology
May 12, 2020
Rachel Henrysen DPT'20 was among the group of individuals to attend an oncology interest meeting headed by Steve Wechsler, Secretary for the APTA Association Oncology Board of Directors.
- Physical Therapy Alumna Transitions Care to Telehealth During COVID-19 Pandemic
April 14, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare workers around the world are on the front lines tasked with protecting the health and safety of their communities. Alumna Brie Ligotski, DPT'18, is among them.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810