In This Section
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
As the U.S. population ages, there is increasing demand for trained healthcare professionals who can help individuals recover from injuries, prevent loss of mobility, and function at their highest level. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, you’ll play a critical and rewarding role in the evolving future of health care.
The USciences DPT degree program is a hands-on clinical program taught by doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists. You’ll start working with real patients in the first year of your professional curriculum, and participate in full-time clinical work at locations nationwide, with more than 200 companies. If you enter the program as a USciences freshman, you can complete the DPT in just six years. We also admit transfer and graduate professional students. More information about admission and the application process.
In the DPT program, you will learn to work as a member of an interprofessional healthcare team through a collaborative clinic with medical students from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).
What Sets Us Apart?
- The USciences DPT degree program requires no reapplying for the professional years
as long as you maintain the required GPA.
- If you enroll in the DPT program as a freshman, you can earn a Doctor of Physical
Therapy in just six years.
- Learn from a faculty of doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists with rich, diverse backgrounds.
- Our DPT program is immersive and evidence-based. You will learn by doing through our
pro bono community clinics and full-time clinical experiences.
- USciences Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) graduates are in high demand, typically receiving several job offers before graduation.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 215-596-8677 or email email@example.com
The 2-year graduation rate is 94.45% (2018-2019). The two-year ultimate pass rate on the national licensure examination for the DPT classes of 2018 and 2019 is 98.6% (100% 2018; 97.2% 2019). The first-time pass rate for the DPT class of 2019 is 89.0% and the first-time pass rate for the DPT class of 2020 is 84.5%. For USciences graduates who responded to the alumni survey, 100% were employed within 6 months of passing the licensure exam (2019). To access further details on pass rates, visit this link on the FSBPT website.
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- Keith Creagh DPT'10 Helped Patients Recovering from COVID-19 in New Jersey
September 24, 2020
When coronavirus (COVID-19) began to impact New Jersey in March, Keith Creagh DPT'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- USciences' DPT Clinical Experience Helps Alumnus Discover his Specialty
June 02, 2020
When Anthony Martin DPT'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in Philadelphia and New York City. Originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810