In This Section
Physical Therapy (DPT) - Application Process, Transfer
You may transfer into the undergraduate program with approved transfer coursework, and continue in the DPT program at USciences.
Questions? Contact email@example.com, 888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810.
Physical therapy students must consistently demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, the physical, emotional, and cognitive essential functions and technical standards that are necessary for successful completion of the physical therapy program at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
Transfer students are admitted into the undergraduate years one, two or three of the six year program depending on coursework completed.
Before you get started, here are some things you should know:
- In order to retain your guaranteed seat in the professional program (year four), you must pass all prerequisite courses with the minimally acceptable grade and have a cumulative and science/math GPA of 3.00 by the end of the fall semester of the third undergraduate (U3) year.
- You may only transfer into the Fall semester
- Deadline to receive materials for Fall term is July 1
Apply online. Applications are free.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and / or universities attended
- Submit official high school transcripts or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). This is waived if you have an Associate’s degree or 30+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (if you have 24 or more credits you do not have to submit these scores.) Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores.
- One to three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may be submitted using our recommendation form.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
**International Students should check the transfer admission page for additional requirements.
Click here for an incomplete list of courses from other institutions that transfer into USciences.
You may be considered as a second-year transfer into the Physical Therapy program if you have a minimum 3.00 overall GPA, and science/math GPA of 3.00, and have completed the following first-year courses:
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- Pre-calculus & Calculus I (6 credits)
- 2 semesters of Writing Intensive English (6 credits)
- General Education – Humanities Requirement (3 credits)
Examples of humanities classes are:
- Art Appreciation
- Music Appreciation
- Philosophy—Ethics and Values
- Any foreign languages
You may be considered as a third-year transfer into the Physical Therapy program if you have a minimum 3.00 overall GPA, and science/math GPA of 3.00, and have completed the first- year courses above as well as the following second-year courses:
- General Biology I & II with labs (NOT Anatomy & Physiology) (8 credits)
- Physics I & II (8 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communication (3 credits)
- General Education Requirement (Additional social science or humanities elective credit)
Examples of social sciences are:
- Political Science
*The course sequence is provided as a general guideline for what a complete academic year within the program looks like. If you have not completed all of the required courses listed within an academic year, we encourage you to still apply. We will evaluate your coursework, and, if you are accepted, develop a customized curriculum that will allow you to complete your degree at USciences.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810