In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Transfer Admission Entry Option - DrOT
Students who have taken college coursework, but have not received a bachelor’s degree may transfer into the 1st or 2nd undergraduate pre-professional year of the DrOT program, dependent upon coursework completed. A student MUST complete a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours at USciences to be considered for the accelerated DrOT program.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.00 is required to apply for the DrOT program
- New Transfer students must enroll no later than the Spring semester of the second year of study.
- Completed University online or paper application for admission (If you submit a paper application, please include a $45 nonrefundable application fee with your application (make your check or money order payable to USciences and include your full name in the memo section). The fee is waived for online applications.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- An official high school transcript or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (if you have an Associate’s degree or 60+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences these transcripts are waived)
- Official SAT or ACT scores (if you have 24 or more credits you do not have to submit scores.) Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores).
- One to three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may be submitted using our recommendation form.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
See the courses you should complete below, for a smooth transfer into USciences as an Occupational Therapy student. Click here for an incomplete list of courses from other institutions that transfer into USciences.
You are eligible for SECOND-YEAR CONSIDERATION into the DrOT if you have a minimum 3.00 overall GPA, and have completed, at the collegiate level, the following first-year courses:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communication (3 credits)
- Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- Pre-calculus (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (2 semesters, 6 credits)
- General Education—Humanities Requirement (3 credits)
Examples of humanities classes are:
- Art Appreciation
- Music Appreciation
- Philosophy—Ethics and Values
- Any Foreign Languages (3 credits)
- General Education—Social Science Requirement (3 credits)
Examples of social sciences are:
- Political Science
Contact Ms. Aimee Viggiani, Associate Director of Transfer/Professional Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-596-7505 for more information.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495