In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Our accredited Occupational Therapy (OT) programs give you the necessary knowledge and skills to make an impact in a variety of settings. We offer three occupational therapy programs:
- An accelerated pathway to the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT), providing you with a BS in Health Sciences and a DrOT in 6 years.
- A Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
- A Post-Baccalaureate Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
In each of our programs, you’ll build a strong foundation in the core and social sciences, learn how to work effectively with clients, and examine how disease and disability affect the way people think, feel, and live. Actively apply your skills in both the classroom and the field as you prepare for a rewarding career.
In fall 2022, USciences fully expects to be part of Saint Joseph’s University.* You’ll still benefit from USciences’ proven expertise in healthcare and science, joined with Saint Joseph’s University’s strengths in business, education, and liberal arts. And we’re committed to ensuring that you receive that same high-quality education with proven value.
That’s why we’re offering FIXED tuition if you enroll in fall 2022 for the duration of the program. You’ll know the full price to earn your degree from the day you begin until you graduate. Apply to USciences today.
*Finalization of this merger is pending routine regulatory and accreditation requirements including approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more at usciences.edu/sju.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only a handful of universities in the country to offer an accelerated
pathway to the clinical Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for students entering
directly from high school.
- Pass rate on the NBCOT certification exam is exceptional—100% first year pass rate for our
DrOT, 97.8% first year pass rate for MOT since 2014.
- Research projects, as well as your clinical practice, are aligned with your interests.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field beginning in the first semester of the
- You’ll take six intervention courses rather than the typical two or three offered
by other occupational therapy programs.
- You'll have the opportunity to publish your research, and get involved in grant-funded
projects with noted professors —resulting in collaborations and presentations at local, state, and national conferences.
- We embrace a vision of community service and student leadership. You'll have the opportunity
to engage in international service learning projects with other health care professionals.
- You'll engage in unique inter-professional education experiences, in person and virtually, with both internal and external partners.
Both the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT) and the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). ACOTE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
More information can be obtained at:
c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200
North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929
PLEASE NOTE: A felony conviction may delay or prohibit certification through NBCOT and could prevent state licensure. For more information, refer to www.nbcot.org.
- Student Org Spotlight: Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA)
December 14, 2021
Students in the USciences Occupational Therapy program can find connections outside of class at the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA).
- Samson College Alumni Share Thoughts on Workplace Diversity
December 13, 2021
A panel of alumni from Samson College gathered at a roundtable event "Yield Ahead: Merging into the Workforce" hosted by the Samson College Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee on November 30, 2021.
- 20 New Members Inducted into OT Honor Society
November 11, 2021
20 new members were inducted into Phi Theta Epsilon's (PTE) Delta Iota chapter at USciences during a ceremony held on November 9, 2021.
- OT Alumna Pursues Passions in Geriatric, Non-Traditional Care
April 19, 2021
When looking to pursue her degree in Occupational Therapy (OT), USciences caught the attention of alumna Christine Repp, OTR/L, HS'00, MOT'00.
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Roberts, MOT'10, OTD
February 04, 2021
Get to know more about Nicole Roberts MOT'10, OTD, a new member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, who is Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy and Coordinator of Academic Fieldwork at USciences.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810