In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Our accredited Occupational Therapy (OT) programs give you the necessary knowledge and skills to make an impact in a variety of patient and client settings. We offer three occupational therapy programs:
- An accelerated pathway to the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT), providing you with a BS in Health Sciences after 3½ years and a DrOT after an additional 2½ years
- A Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
- A Post-Baccalaureate Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
In each of our programs, you’ll build a strong foundation in the core and social sciences, learn how to work effectively with patients, and examine how disease and disability affect the way people think, feel, and live. Actively apply your skills in both the classroom and the field as you prepare for a rewarding career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only a handful of universities in the country to offer an accelerated
pathway to the clinical Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for students entering
directly from high school.
- Our accelerated Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) program prepares you for general
practice and offers two specializations—community-based practice and leadership—allowing you to hone your studies for your future plans.
- Align your final year’s research or project, as well as your clinical practice, with your specialized track.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field at least one day per week starting in
your third year.
- You’ll take six intervention courses rather than the typical two or three offered
by other occupational therapy programs.
- Get involved in grant-funded projects with noted professors —resulting in collaborations at national and regional conferences.
- We embrace a vision of community service and student leadership.
- You’ll complete two three-month clinical internships working with patients of all ages.
- In the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) program you’ll also complete a minimum
of 640 hours in a specialty area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduate and professional students to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
Accredited OT Programs
Both the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT) and the Accelerated Pathway and Post-Baccalaureate clinical Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) options are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). ACOTE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
More information can be obtained at:
c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449
(301) 652-6611 extension 2914
PLEASE NOTE: A felony conviction may delay or prohibit certification through NBCOT and could prevent state licensure. For more information, refer to www.nbcot.org.
USciences Graduate Named Chair of Occupational Therapy Department
July 23, 2019
After a year of serving as interim chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy, Wendy Walsh MOT’00, PhD’18 (health policy), MOT, OTR/L, assistant professor of occupational therapy, has been named permanently to the position.
Ursinus College, USciences Sign Affiliation Agreement
June 25, 2019
Ursinus grads can pursue advanced degrees in one of 12 USciences graduate programs
OT Students Join Fight Against Parkinson's by Teaching Boxing
June 18, 2019
Occupational therapy students in their second professional year of the program are learning the numerous benefits of boxing after a semester of weekly coaching as part of their fieldwork.
152 Students Honored at 2019 Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
May 20, 2019
More than 150 students were honored at the 8th Annual Conferment Ceremony on May 17, 2019 in the Athletic/Recreation Center's Bobby Morgan Arena.
OT Students Showcase Research Efforts Ahead of Graduation
May 08, 2019
Months of hard work was put on display at an event that showcased the research of the graduating occupational therapy class.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810