In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Our accredited Occupational Therapy (OT) programs give you the necessary knowledge and skills to make an impact in a variety of settings. We offer three occupational therapy programs:
- An accelerated pathway to the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT), providing you with a BS in Health Sciences and a DrOT in 6 years.
- A Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
- A Post-Baccalaureate Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
In each of our programs, you’ll build a strong foundation in the core and social sciences, learn how to work effectively with clients, and examine how disease and disability affect the way people think, feel, and live. Actively apply your skills in both the classroom and the field as you prepare for a rewarding career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only a handful of universities in the country to offer an accelerated
pathway to the clinical Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for students entering
directly from high school.
- Pass rate on the NBCOT certification exam is exceptional—100% first year pass rate for our
DrOT, 97.8% first year pass rate for MOT since 2014.
- Research projects, as well as your clinical practice, are aligned with your interests.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field beginning in the first semester of the
- You’ll take six intervention courses rather than the typical two or three offered
by other occupational therapy programs.
- You'll have the opportunity to publish your research, and get involved in grant-funded
projects with noted professors —resulting in collaborations and presentations at local, state, and national and
- We embrace a vision of community service and student leadership. You'll have the opportunity
to engage in international service learning projects with other health care professionals.
- You'll engage in unique inter-professional education experiences, in person and virtually, with both internal and external partners.
Both the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT) and the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). ACOTE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
More information can be obtained at:
c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449
301-652-6611 ext. 2042
PLEASE NOTE: A felony conviction may delay or prohibit certification through NBCOT and could prevent state licensure. For more information, refer to www.nbcot.org.
OT Student Explores Research Opportunities at Summer Institute
August 12, 2019
Nancy Greene MS'16 (Health Psychology), DrOT'20 participated in the American Occupational Therapy Association's Summer Institute for Future Scientists at the Medical University of South Carolina where she learned about research opportunities and built a network of peers.
USciences Graduate Named Chair of Occupational Therapy Department
July 23, 2019
After a year of serving as interim chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy, Wendy Walsh MOT’00, PhD’18 (health policy), MOT, OTR/L, assistant professor of occupational therapy, has been named permanently to the position.
Ursinus College, USciences Sign Affiliation Agreement
June 25, 2019
Ursinus grads can pursue advanced degrees in one of 12 USciences graduate programs
OT Students Join Fight Against Parkinson's by Teaching Boxing
June 18, 2019
Occupational therapy students in their second professional year of the program are learning the numerous benefits of boxing after a semester of weekly coaching as part of their fieldwork.
152 Students Honored at 2019 Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
May 20, 2019
More than 150 students were honored at the 8th Annual Conferment Ceremony on May 17, 2019 in the Athletic/Recreation Center's Bobby Morgan Arena.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810