In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Our accredited Occupational Therapy (OT) programs give you the necessary knowledge and skills to make an impact in a variety of settings. We offer three occupational therapy programs:
- An accelerated pathway to the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT), providing you with a BS in Health Sciences and a DrOT in 6 years.
- A Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
- A Post-Baccalaureate Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) for those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and satisfied all prerequisite courses
In each of our programs, you’ll build a strong foundation in the core and social sciences, learn how to work effectively with clients, and examine how disease and disability affect the way people think, feel, and live. Actively apply your skills in both the classroom and the field as you prepare for a rewarding career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We’re one of only a handful of universities in the country to offer an accelerated
pathway to the clinical Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) for students entering
directly from high school.
- Pass rate on the NBCOT certification exam is exceptional—100% first year pass rate for our
DrOT, 97.8% first year pass rate for MOT since 2014.
- Research projects, as well as your clinical practice, are aligned with your interests.
- Gain hands-on experience working in the field beginning in the first semester of the
- You’ll take six intervention courses rather than the typical two or three offered
by other occupational therapy programs.
- You'll have the opportunity to publish your research, and get involved in grant-funded
projects with noted professors —resulting in collaborations and presentations at local, state, and national and
- We embrace a vision of community service and student leadership. You'll have the opportunity
to engage in international service learning projects with other health care professionals.
- You'll engage in unique inter-professional education experiences, in person and virtually, with both internal and external partners.
Both the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT) and the Doctor of Occupational Therapy (DrOT) programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). ACOTE is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
More information can be obtained at:
c/o Accreditation Department
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449
PLEASE NOTE: A felony conviction may delay or prohibit certification through NBCOT and could prevent state licensure. For more information, refer to www.nbcot.org.
- Occupational Therapy Alum Continues to Help Kids During COVID-19
April 21, 2020
Daniel Dubinsky MOT'13 is a pediatric Occupational Therapist working at various schools in New York and New Jersey with kids in all age groups from preschool through high school. He also provides telehealth to a virtual school in California. His passion for helping students extends beyond the online classroom and during Coronavirus (COVID-19) has inspired him to find a creative solution to connect with students and parents through YouTube.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- Students Get Hands-On Experience in New Pediatric Occupational Therapy Lab
January 13, 2020
This fall, USciences' Department of Occupational Therapy opened the first pediatric occupational therapy laboratory on campus.
- For DrOT Alumna, USciences Provided an Accelerated Program and a Fulfilling Campus Experience
December 03, 2019
Pooja Patel DrOT'17 found that USciences offered an accelerated degree program and a well-rounded education.
- Alumnae Share 5 Tips for Starting Your Own Clinical Practice
October 21, 2019
Janki Patel MOT'12 and Brittany Smith MOT'12 share their advice for others looking to open an independent clinical practice, just as they did with Jump Ahead Pediatrics.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810