In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Program Options
- Accreditation, Licensure and Outcomes
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Student Organizations
Post-Baccalaureate Admission Entry Option - MOT and DrOT
You may be considered for entry into the Post-Baccalaureate DrOT program if you’ve already received a Bachelor’s degree and have satisfied all prerequisite courses. You can complete the full-time doctoral program in just four years of study.
Applications for 2019 will be available via the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS) in July. No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to OTCAS.
- 3.00 GPA, with a “C” or better in all prerequisite courses (see below.)
- The occupational therapy program has an application deadline of January 1. Admission decisions are made as applications are completed. Candidates are not required to interview.
- A GRE is not required
- A minimum of 50 hours of shadow experience with a licensed occupational therapist is required of all applicants.
- Classes for the professional phase of the Occupational Therapy program begin in late May.
Required prerequisite courses should be completed by the end of the spring term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- Anatomy & Physiology, with lab (2 semesters)
- Abnormal Psychology (1 semester)
- Sociology or Cultural Anthropology (1 semester)
- Physics (with or without lab) (1 semester)
- Psychology of Human Growth and Development (Developmental Psychology course that covers the whole human lifespan) (1 semester)
- Statistics (1 semester)
**International Students should check the graduate admission page for additional requirements.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810