In This Section
Health Science Major
Our program provides the knowledge and skills to succeed in the booming healthcare job market or advance your education towards a health profession. You’ll acquire a strong foundation in the natural and social sciences with concentrated studies. You’ll complete courses covering development, structure, function, and healthcare delivery. And you’ll apply your skills in hands-on opportunities in the health sciences.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Enjoy the freedom to explore your interests, studying concepts of health and wellness while earning a marketable degree.
- Tailor the program to fit your career goals by establishing an individualized curriculum focused on a particular area of health science.
- During your first and second years, you’ll learn about different disciplines in core
- Fieldwork lets you apply your knowledge practically to meet real world needs.
- The flexible nature of the health science major program attracts a wide variety of
students with diverse academic, professional, and personal interests.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
July 21, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 17, 2019
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
- Kyla Colburn HS'18 Takes First Step in Path to Medical School
May 24, 2018
Kyla Colburn HS’18, who is working fulfill her goal of being a cardiologist, found guidance and support in USciences faculty members while pursuing her bachelors in health science to help her toward her career aspirations.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810