In This Section
Health Science Major
Our program provides the knowledge and skills to succeed in the booming healthcare job market or advance your education towards a health profession. You’ll acquire a strong foundation in the natural and social sciences with concentrated studies. You’ll complete courses covering development, structure, function, and healthcare delivery. And you’ll apply your skills in hands-on opportunities in the health sciences.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Enjoy the freedom to explore your interests, studying concepts of health and wellness while earning a marketable degree.
- Tailor the program to fit your career goals by establishing an individualized curriculum focused on a particular area of health science.
- During your first and second years, you’ll learn about different disciplines in core
- Fieldwork lets you apply your knowledge practically to meet real world needs.
- The flexible nature of the health science major program attracts a wide variety of
students with diverse academic, professional, and personal interests.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Kyla Colburn HS'18 Takes First Step in Path to Medical School
May 24, 2018
Kyla Colburn HS’18, who is working fulfill her goal of being a cardiologist, found guidance and support in USciences faculty members while pursuing her bachelors in health science to help her toward her career aspirations.
Samson College Students Use 3D Printer to Create Innovative Patient Resources
December 15, 2017
Challenged to make anything that could improve a patient's life, an interprofessional group of first-year students from Samson College used the college's new 3D printer to create a wide array of items ranging from an acupuncture ball to a right-angled spoon.
New Exercise Physiology Degree At USciences Offers More Career Paths
November 27, 2017
With a stronger focus on clinical training and internship experiences, the new BS in exercise physiology degree at USciences positions students to immediately begin their careers after graduation or transition to OT or PT professional programs.
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
Genesis CAREs Presents Discussion of Interprofessional Evidence-Based Practice
November 22, 2016
Genesis CAREs presented a panel discussion for about 80 USciences students, staff, alumni and partners on the topic of interprofessional evidence-based practice.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810