In This Section
Exercise Science and Wellness Management Major - Career Outcomes
Balancing both scientific study and applied research, your training in exercise science and wellness management prepares you to thrive in a growing field. You’ll reap the vast rewards associated with actively helping others lead healthier lives.
Help Others Help Themselves
The need for professionals in the dynamic field of exercise science is on the rise: The U.S. Department of Labor expects the demand for professionals with training in this area to increase by 21% through 2020.
As a degree holder in the discipline of exercise science, you have a variety of promising career and advanced degree options from which to choose.
Career options include:
- Strength and conditioning coach – Assist athletes and teams in their efforts to stay in top physical shape.
- Health educator – Encourage health and wellness by teaching behaviors that promote healthy living and prevent diseases.
- Corporate wellness director – Support companies in their efforts to boost employee health.
- Personal trainer or sports, recreation, or health coach – Work one-on-one with clients to improve their physical well-being.
- Community sports or recreation specialist – Develop and implement programming at the local level.
As more employers and individuals recognize the benefit and importance of wellness educators, opportunities will grow in:
- Private and public companies
- Government agencies
- Fitness centers and health clubs
- School recreation departments
- Community-based recreation organizations
- Sports and team organizations, both professional and amateur
- Personal training
A degree in Exercise Science and Wellness Management can also prepare you for further study in a variety of healthcare professions, including Athletic Training, Clinical Exercise Physiology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Public Health, or health related research.
USciences Career Services
From helping you understand your options to making valuable connections, USciences helps you get your career off to a strong start. For information and assistance, contact our Office of Career Services at 215-596-8735.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495