In This Section
Exercise Physiology Major
Our rigorous curriculum combines a strong foundation in natural and social sciences with concentrated studies in exercise physiology. You’ll complete courses that cover physiology, fitness, health, and management while acquiring and applying communication, leadership, planning, and organizational skills.
By the end of the exercise physiology program, you’ll understand the structure, function, and processes of the body and the multidimensional nature of wellness and be able to design programs that help individuals maintain healthy lifestyles.
Our program features two degree options:
- 4-year undergraduate
- 3-year accelerated undergraduate
Each option prepares you for career paths in a variety of health and fitness settings. USciences graduates work in medicine, cardiovascular rehabilitation, corporate wellness, strength and conditioning, sport clinics, and universities. Some go on to earn their DPT, PA, DrOT, ATC (certified athletic trainer.)
What Sets Us Apart?
- Outstanding opportunities for independent research under the guidance of faculty who are nationally certified specialists. You’ll design
a research topic, draft a proposal, collect and analyze data, and more.
- Gain valuable internship experience in the heart of the health science industry, surrounded by 250 medical facilities
in the Philadelphia region.
- Get certified as an exercise physiologist or a strength and conditioning specialist before graduation.
- Flexible program options that fit your needs and life.
- See different cultures while studying abroad; courses change location yearly.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Health Career Summer Academy Exposes Teens to Health Careers Early
July 08, 2019
USciences partnered with Main Line Health to offer a week-long Health Career Summer Academy to expose teens to careers in the health professions.
USciences ROTC Students Are One Step Closer to Becoming Commissioned Officers
March 18, 2019
At Fort Knox, these students needed to complete rigorous training, build their confidence, and test their physical and mental strength to develop into successful officers and leaders.
Kyla Colburn HS'18 Takes First Step in Path to Medical School
May 24, 2018
Kyla Colburn HS’18, who is working fulfill her goal of being a cardiologist, found guidance and support in USciences faculty members while pursuing her bachelors in health science to help her toward her career aspirations.
USciences Announces College Restructuring for 2018-19
February 21, 2018
The main element of the restructure is the elimination of Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy with its programs being repositioned to the other colleges.
Samson College Students Use 3D Printer to Create Innovative Patient Resources
December 15, 2017
Challenged to make anything that could improve a patient's life, an interprofessional group of first-year students from Samson College used the college's new 3D printer to create a wide array of items ranging from an acupuncture ball to a right-angled spoon.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810