No items to display
In This Section
Chair, Department of Physical Therapy
Associate Dean of Interprofessional Education, Samson College
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
As the U.S. population ages, there is increasing demand for trained healthcare professionals who can help individuals recover from injuries, prevent loss of mobility, and function at their highest level. As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, you’ll play a critical and rewarding role in the evolving future of health care.
The DPT program at USciences is a hands-on clinical program taught by doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists. You’ll start working with real patients in the first year of your professional curriculum, and participate in full-time clinical work at one of more than 350 sites in Philadelphia. If you enter the program as a USciences freshman, you can complete the DPT in just six years. We also admit transfer and post-baccalaureate students.
In the DPT program, you will learn to work as a member of an interprofessional healthcare team through a collaborative clinic with USciences students in our physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, and pharmacy programs, as well as medical students from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).
What Sets Us Apart?
- The USciences DPT program requires no reapplying for the professional years as long
as you maintain the required GPA.
- If you enroll in the DPT program as a freshman, you can earn a Doctor of Physical
Therapy in just six years.
- Learn from a faculty of doctoral-trained, clinically certified specialists with rich, diverse backgrounds.
- Our DPT program is immersive and evidence-based. You will learn by doing through our
pro bono community clinics and full-time clinical rotations.
- We emphasize the interprofessional nature of healthcare through collaborative clinics
where you work side-by-side with pharmacy, physical therapy, and medical students.
- USciences DPT graduates are in high demand, typically receiving several job offers before graduation.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Celebrating the Bicentennial Edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
November 25, 2020
The 23rd edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy was published in November by USciences own Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) faculty.
- USciences Online Graduate Uses Certificate to Continue Advancing her Career
November 16, 2020
When Gina Pepe HAGC'20 was looking to continue her education, she knew that doing so through an asynchronous, online program would be her best option for success while juggling her busy life.
- Alumna Chooses to Continue Her Education with USciences Online
November 12, 2020
When looking to continue her education, alumna Gwenevere Creque MT’78, HIGC’20 discovered that USciences Online offered just what she was looking for.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.