In This Section
- What Makes USciences Different?
- Cutting-Edge Research Facilities
- Research Projects
- A Move in the Right Direction for Post-Stroke Therapy
- Construction Ahead: Engineering Biosensors
- Increasing Health Behavior Change
- Innovative Methods to Investigate Personalized Medicine Decision Making
- Killing Cancer at the Speed of Light
- Revolutionizing Mass Spectrometer Analysis
- The Economics of Homelessness—and Ending a Broken System
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unintended Consequences? Confirming Drug Guidelines in Practice
- USciences’ West Center Harnesses Computer Power for Drug Design
- Information for Researchers
- Annual Research Day and Krantz Lecture
Research - What Makes USciences Different?
USciences offers a diversity of research programs from bench sciences to socio-behavioral, applied and clinical research. Our goal is to promote high-quality undergraduate and graduate student research and scholarship and to develop our students into the researchers, scientists and innovators of tomorrow.
Undergraduate Research: In The Lab From Day One
USciences has a long tradition of undergraduate research. We offer a unique environment where undergraduate students can get hands-on experiences in research as early as their first year. Undergraduate students involved in faculty-mentored research projects will be able to apply concepts learned in the classroom to laboratory or clinical settings and to develop their practical, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, communication and teamwork skills
Center for Undergraduate Research
The Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) promotes investigations in all academic disciplines and cultivates a passion for independent discovery by equipping students for the challenges of the future in any career or educational situation. The Center supports high-quality research and creative activities that engages students through inquiry-based learning to advance the University of the Sciences’ educational mission.
USciences faculty, students and staff should visit the CUR Community on Blackboard for more information on CUR activities, the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium as well as sources of funding available for undergraduate students interested in participating in research.
Roberto Ramos, CUR Director
215-596-8546 / firstname.lastname@example.org
USciences offers numerous graduate programs that allow students to explore the breadth of opportunities available in the science and healthcare professions. One of the greatest opportunities is the interdisciplinary approach to graduate research allowing students to work with renowned faculty across various fields. Graduate research, whether in the areas of biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, psychology or health policy, sets the foundation for the innovation and creativity that has shaped our history. Our master’s and PhD programs allow each student to embrace scholarship and collaboration leading to proven graduates that excel at changing our understanding of the world today.
Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495