In This Section
Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Research News and Projects
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- USciences Adds New Undergraduate Research Opportunities with SEA-GENES Program
February 03, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2020, USciences students will have access to a new course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE), SEA-GENES. This course will allow students to conduct experiments in order to determine the functions of viral genes.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.