In This Section
Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Research News and Projects
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.
- Julie Nguyen BC'21 Prepared for Success in Medical School, Cancer Research
May 26, 2021
A standout student and researcher who will soon author her first scholarly article, Julie Nguyen BC'21 plans to attend medical school following graduation to continue cancer research. Nguyen earned the distinction of valedictorian and addressed the Class of 2021 at the Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- At USciences, Conor Glass PHTX'21 Found Passion and Community
May 26, 2021
While Conor Glass PHTX'21 graduated from USciences with the Bicentennial Class in 2021, he is prepared to return to campus in short order to continue his education in the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Students Present COVID Research at 18th Annual Research Day
April 26, 2021
In a mix of pre-recorded and virtual live presentations, students from across the University showcased their work on a variety of topics, including COVID-19.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- SEA-PHAGES, SEA-GENES Courses Help Students Make Discoveries
March 12, 2021
USciences is one of 198 schools worldwide that are part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) Science Education Alliance- Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science (SEA-PHAGES) program.
- Microbiology CURE Lab Gives Undergrads Real Research Experience
March 09, 2021
Through a series of Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), USciences students are able to get hands-on, in the lab research experience beginning in their first year.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.