In This Section
- What Makes USciences Different?
- Cutting-Edge Research Facilities
- Research Projects
- A Move in the Right Direction for Post-Stroke Therapy
- Construction Ahead: Engineering Biosensors
- Increasing Health Behavior Change
- Innovative Methods to Investigate Personalized Medicine Decision Making
- Killing Cancer at the Speed of Light
- Revolutionizing Mass Spectrometer Analysis
- The Economics of Homelessness—and Ending a Broken System
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unintended Consequences? Confirming Drug Guidelines in Practice
- USciences’ West Center Harnesses Computer Power for Drug Design
- Information for Researchers
- Annual Research Day and Krantz Lecture
Research at USciences
The faculty and students of USciences engage in pioneering research spanning basic sciences such as biology, chemistry, nanotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences and physics to socio-behavioral, applied and clinical research. Our research efforts are an extension of the unique academic focus of USciences, to deliver life-saving insights into the causes and cures of chronic illnesses, and continuously improve our health care system.
USciences students work side-by-side with stellar faculty as early as their first year. Our 100 state-of-the-art labs are dedicated to hands-on student learning and meaningful scientific discovery. Award-winning USciences faculty share their expertise and research methods with students in critical fields like cancer biology, health psychology, pharmaceutical chemistry, medical technology, and more.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Celebration of Scholarship Honors Donors and Recipients
April 19, 2018
The Office of Alumni Relations hosted the University's annual Celebration of Scholarship with a breakfast reception.
2018 USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 11, 2018
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research accomplishments at the annual graduate fellows reception on April 9, 2018.
Research Day Emphasizes Student Research on Topics from Breast Cancer to PTSD
April 11, 2018
More than 240 student researchers and their faculty advisors presented novel research being conducted throughout the University's four colleges during the 16th Annual Research Day on Thursday, April 5, 2018.
Mentorship in USciences' Lab Helps High School Student Advance Research
April 05, 2018
With the guidance of Dr. Heindl, Zhong was able to advance her hypothesis and explore how the bacteriophage viruses can communicate with each other.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495