In This Section
- What Makes USciences Different?
- Cutting-Edge Research Facilities
- Research Projects
- A Move in the Right Direction for Post-Stroke Therapy
- Construction Ahead: Engineering Biosensors
- Increasing Health Behavior Change
- Innovative Methods to Investigate Personalized Medicine Decision Making
- Killing Cancer at the Speed of Light
- Revolutionizing Mass Spectrometer Analysis
- The Economics of Homelessness—and Ending a Broken System
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unintended Consequences? Confirming Drug Guidelines in Practice
- USciences’ West Center Harnesses Computer Power for Drug Design
- Information for Researchers
- Annual Research Day and Krantz Lecture
Research at USciences
The faculty and students of USciences engage in pioneering research spanning basic sciences such as biology, chemistry, nanotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences and physics to socio-behavioral, applied and clinical research. Our research efforts are an extension of the unique academic focus of USciences, to deliver life-saving insights into the causes and cures of chronic illnesses, and continuously improve our health care system.
USciences students work side-by-side with stellar faculty as early as their first year. Our 100 state-of-the-art labs are dedicated to hands-on student learning and meaningful scientific discovery. Award-winning USciences faculty share their expertise and research methods with students in critical fields like cancer biology, health psychology, pharmaceutical chemistry, medical technology, and more.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
High School Students Gain Research Experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab
August 06, 2018
Although he hasn't taken a college level course, Joseph San Filippo PharmSci'22 has already begun working in a USciences laboratory. San Filippo learned about the trials and tribulations of working in a University laboratory this summer with a stint in pharmaceutical sciences lab under the tutelage of Anil D'Mello, PhD.
SUDI Hosts Online Streaming Community Forum on Opioid Epidemic
July 16, 2018
University of the Sciences' Substance Use Disorders Institute (SUDI) recently partnered with local activists and researchers to hold a hybrid community forum, streamed over social media as well as open to in-guest attendees on campus, to address harm reduction initiatives in discussion in Philadelphia to address the opioid epidemic.
Debating the Impact of Medical Cannabis on the Opioid Crisis
May 11, 2018
Could access to medical cannabis impact the opioid epidemic? This was the topic of the most recent "Making the Connections" series presented by Mayes College in connection with the Substance Use Disorders Institute (SUDI).
Celebration of Scholarship Honors Donors and Recipients
April 19, 2018
The Office of Alumni Relations hosted the University's annual Celebration of Scholarship with a breakfast reception.
Mentorship in USciences' Lab Helps High School Student Advance Research
April 05, 2018
With the guidance of Dr. Heindl, Zhong was able to advance her hypothesis and explore how the bacteriophage viruses can communicate with each other.
Associate Provost for Research and Graduate Education
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495