In This Section
- Medical Information/ Medical Affairs — Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Medical Information and Payer/Health System — Janssen Scientific Affairs
- Medical Information/ Medical Affairs — CSL Behring
- Medical Information — Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Medical Affairs — Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Medical Information & Medical Affairs — Incyte Corporation
- Multidisciplinary — Genmab US, Inc.
- Global Regulatory Affairs — Kyowa Kirin Pharmaceutical Development, Inc.
- Biologics Product Development & Investigational Drug Trial Design and Management — Janssen Research and Development
- Fellowship Alumni
- Eligibility and Application Process
Medical Information - Payer & Health Systems Fellowship
Janssen Scientific Affairs
Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Recruiting: Solid Tumor Oncology (1) and Immunology (1)
Janssen, the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, aims to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are managed, interpreted, and prevented.
The fellowship is two (2) years in Medical Information at Janssen Scientific Affairs in Solid Tumor Oncology, Hematology/Oncology, or Immunology with an additional external rotation at a pharmacy benefit manager. The fellow will hone skills in critiquing and communicating complex scientific information to a variety of audiences, including consumers, healthcare professionals and healthcare policy decision makers.
The Payer & Health-Systems component provides advanced-skill training in an emerging area focused on meeting the needs of payers, health-systems, and clinical decision resource organizations (CDROs) such as compendia, value framework organizations, etc. The program offers opportunities to expand knowledge on managed care markets through customer engagement, projects, conferences, and a real-world experiential rotation in pharmacy benefits management. Fellows will also have opportunities to collaborate cross-functionally with Medical Affairs, Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E), and/or Market Access, based upon availability.
The two-year fellowship offers two unique rotations that enable fellows to advance and apply skills across industry and payer settings.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the therapeutic area.
- Enhance skills in scientific literature retrieval, analysis, and communication.
- Improve scientific writing skills by authoring scientific response letters and escalated medical information requests from clinicians, payers and other population-based healthcare decision-makers.
- Utilize critical thinking and clinical knowledge to develop fair and balanced communications of product information to clinicians and compendia.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of formulary dossiers.
- Support product launch and sales training material development.
- Develop training materials focused on payer, health system, and clinical decision resource topics for internal-use only.
- Provide medical review for promotional materials as well as reactive/proactive scientific material.
- Support development of Voice-of-Customer (VOC) reports, including analysis of inquiries received by Janssen Medical Information Communication Channels and identification of trends/key insights.
- Support therapeutic area value assessment framework reviews.
Pharmacy Benefit Manager
- Develop an understanding of the various roles a pharmacist plays at a managed care organization and basic operations of a managed care organization.
- Support Formulary Management Pharmacists and Clinical Marketing Intelligence teams to update and maintain formulary decision making resources (e.g. drug monographs, drug class reviews, prior authorization criteria, cost savings analyses).
- Opportunity to present clinical topics to pharmacy team during specialty subcommittee meetings.
- Develop an understanding of the strategy for monitoring pipeline drugs for a managed care organization.
Phuong Nguyen, PharmD
Second Year Fellow in Immunology
University of Minnesota, Class of 2020
Andrew Knapp, PharmD
Second Year Fellow in Solid Tumor Oncology
University of Kansas School of Pharmacy, Class of 2020
Rachael Lai, PharmD
First Year Fellow in Hematology/Oncology
University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Class of 2021
Director, Industry and Education Fellowship Programs
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495