In This Section
Medical Information - Therapeutic and Payer/Health System Tracks
Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Titusville, NJ and Horsham, PA
Janssen, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of Companies, aims to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are managed, interpreted and prevented.
The Therapeutic/Clinical practice and Payer/Health-systems fellowship programs provide fellows with an opportunity to translate complex scientific information into unbiased medical content in support of the safe and effective use of Janssen products. We are only recruiting one Payer/Health-system fellow for 2019.
Medical Information – Therapeutic Track (2 years)
The two-year Therapeutic/Clinical Practice fellowship offers three unique rotations that enable fellows to advance and apply skills across both industry and hospital settings.
Medical Information (14-months)
- Enhance skills in literature retrieval and analysis.
- Improve scientific writing skills by authoring medical information response documents and escalated medical information requests.
- Utilize critical thinking and clinical knowledge to develop fair and balanced communications of product information.
- Support product launch and sales training material development.
- Participate in promotional review meetings as part of the medical review team.
Medical Information Call Center (6-months)
- Develop competencies in communicating fair-balanced and accurate medical information.
- Enhance interpersonal communications.
- Gain proficiencies in adverse drug event reporting.
Clinical Practice (4-months)
- Respond to medical information inquiries from healthcare professionals in a teaching hospital.
- Compile medical evidence and provide recommendations for product placement on hospital formulary.
- Enhance presentation skills through formulary presentations at P&T committee meetings.
- Enhance knowledge of the Medication Safety Team through longitudinal projects and team discussions.
- Engage with patients and healthcare providers to provide medication recommendations and education.
- Apply clinical knowledge to medication management activities.
*Pharmacy licensure is required by Sept 1st for first-year Therapeutic MI fellows
Kevin Dang, PharmD (Jefferson’17)
First Year Fellow
Prianka Dadhich, PharmD (PCP/USciences’18)
First Year Fellow
Payer/Health-System Medical Information Track (2 years)
The two-year Payer/Health-system Medical Information fellowship provides advanced skill training in an emerging area focused on meeting the needs of payers, health systems, and compendia. The program offers opportunities to expand knowledge of managed care markets through customer engagement, projects, conferences, and two real-world experiential rotations in market access, pharmacy benefits management, and/or data analytics, based upon availability.
- Enhance literature retrieval and analysis skills.
- Improve scientific writing by authoring medical information response documents and escalated medical information requests from payers and other population-based healthcare decision-makers.
- Utilize critical thinking and clinical knowledge to develop fair and balanced communications of product information in compendia communications.
- Participate in the creation/maintenance of formulary dossiers.
- Develop training materials focused on payer, health system, and clinical decision resource topics for internal-use only.
Fahim Faruque, PharmD
Medical Information, Oncology
Shantel Gooden, PharmD
Medical Information, Immunology
Director, Industry and Education Fellowship Programs
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495