In This Section
- Medical Information/ Medical Affairs — Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Medical Information and Payer/Health System — Janssen Scientific Affairs
- Medical Information/ Medical Affairs — CSL Behring
- Medical Information — Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Medical Affairs — Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Multidisciplinary — Genmab US, Inc.
- Global Regulatory Affairs — Kyowa Kirin Pharmaceutical Development, Inc.
- Biologics Product Development & Investigational Drug Trial Design and Management — Janssen Research and Development
- Fellowship Alumni
- Eligibility and Application Process
Medical Information - Medical Affairs Fellowship
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Fort Washington, PA
The McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. develops and markets a broad range of well-known and trusted OTC products in the United States.
The consumer-based, one-year fellowship provides an opportunity to obtain experiential training in both medical information and medical affairs. A variety of projects and shadowing experiences are available for fellows interested in gaining additional exposure to the Regulatory Affairs functional area as well.
- Participate on innovative teams that aid in new consumer product development.
- Collect, review, interpret, and disseminate medical information pertinent to J&J’s OTC product lines.
- Develop core skills related to scientific exchange, medical materials development, customer communications, and medical content review.
- Build relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Improve scientific writing skills by authoring medical information response documents and escalated medical information requests.
- Utilize critical thinking and clinical knowledge to develop fair and balanced communications of product information.
- Improve verbal communication skills through delivery of scientific presentations and journal club presentations.
- Participate in promotional review committee to ensure that data included are appropriately medically supported in promotional materials.
- Participate on multifunctional medical team that includes: Regulatory Affairs, Medical & Drug information, Global Medical Safety, Research & Development and Clinical Operations.
- Participate in analysis and interpretation of clinical study data.
- Learn how to identify and address potential medical issues and ensure implementation of risk-management strategies.
- Participate in the development of medical strategies for company products.
- Assist in the development of medical content for congresses, symposia, and advisory boards.
- Provide medical support (medical training and education) to Marketing and Sales.
- Ability to work one on one with Regulatory professionals on a variety of Regulatory projects.
- Ability to network with pharmacists through a variety of resource groups within the J&J organization including but not limited to a Pharmacist’s Network and a PharmD Annual Summit.
Allen Sieh, PharmD
St. John’s University, Class of 2019
Sara Hinton, PharmD, BCPPS
Northeastern University, Class of 2009
Director, Industry and Education Fellowship Programs
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495