In This Section
Pharmaceutical Industry and Education Fellowship Program
The Pharmaceutical Industry and Education Fellowship Program at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) at USciences provides graduate pharmacists with experiential training in the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare sectors. By the end of each program, fellows will be able to transfer core knowledge into practical application as well as hone business and clinical skills to enhance professional value in pursuit of a career in the industry.
- Develop and cultivate core skills and competencies in analytical reasoning, critical and strategic thinking, problem solving, communication skills, influencing, and teamwork.
- Develop professional responsibility and enhance leadership presence.
- Enhance interpersonal communication through scientific engagement with healthcare providers, strategic business partners, and patients.
- Strengthen ability to evaluate, interpret, synthesize, and communicate scientific information
- Demonstrate knowledge of laws, compliance regulations, and guidance pertaining to the fellows’ role in the pharmaceutical company
Medical Information-Regulatory Affairs
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Fort Washington, PA
The one-year fellowship program at the McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of J&J provides in-depth experience that leads to advanced professional skills and knowledge in medical communication and regulatory affairs. With prior approval, there may be an opportunity to extend the fellowship for an additional year in pursuit of specialized training.
Medical Information-Medical Communications-Clinical Practice
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Titusville, NJ and Horsham, PA
The two-year fellowship program at Janssen provides advanced skill training and experience in three distinct rotations—medical information (MI), medical communications and clinical practice. Each rotation builds upon the core skills and competencies required for a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Additional Fellowship Activities
- Faculty appointment: Clinical Instructor of Pharmacy Practice at USciences/PCP
- Participate in Teaching certificate program: gain experience in small group teaching and development and delivery of didactic lectures and continuing pharmacy education presentations
- Collaborate with faculty on IRB-approved research
- Participate in Fellowship recruitment activities
- Participate in professional development activities and workshops
Benefits & Compensation
The USciences fellowship program provides a competitive stipend and benefits package, including comprehensive health, disability, life insurance package, tuition remission and reimbursement, health care, dependent care and transit reimbursement accounts. Expense reimbursement for business travel to professional conferences is available.
Director, Industry and Education Fellowship Program
Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice & Pharmacy Administration
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495