In This Section
Pharmaceutical Industry and Education Fellowship Program
The Pharmaceutical Industry and Education Fellowship Program at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) at USciences provides graduate pharmacists with experiential training in the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare sectors. By the end of the program, fellows will be able to transfer core knowledge into practical application as well as hone business and clinical skills to enhance professional value in pursuit of a career in the industry.
- Develop and cultivate core skills and competencies in analytical reasoning, critical and strategic thinking, problem solving, communication skills, influencing, and teamwork.
- Develop professional responsibility and enhance leadership presence.
- Enhance interpersonal communication through scientific engagement with healthcare providers, strategic business partners, and patients.
- Strengthen ability to evaluate, interpret, synthesize, and communicate scientific information
- Demonstrate knowledge of laws, compliance regulations, and guidance pertaining to the fellows’ role in the pharmaceutical company
- Utilize critical thinking and clinical knowledge across industry-based projects and cross-functional teams
Medical Information-Regulatory Affairs
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Fort Washington, PA
The one-year fellowship program at the McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of J&J provides experiential training in both medical information and regulatory affairs broken into two, 6-month rotations. With prior approval, there may be an opportunity to extend the fellowship for one additional year to pursue additional training in either functional area.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Titusville, NJ and Horsham, PA
Therapeutic Medical Information (MI) Track
This two-year fellowship provides advanced skill training in three distinct areas of focus: medical information (MI), call center, and clinical practice.
Payer/Health System MI Track
This one-year fellowship provides advanced skill training in an emerging area of medical information (MI) focused on meeting the needs of payers, health systems, and compendia.
Medical Information-Medical Affairs
A Division of CSL Limited
King of Prussia, PA
This one-year fellowship provides experiential training in both medical affairs and medical information, focused in medical communications, medical and scientific writing, scientific education, and promotional review across multiple therapeutic areas.
Additional Fellowship Requirements & Activities
- Appointment to Clinical Instructor of Pharmacy Practice at USciences/PCP
- Participate in 12-month teaching certificate program
- Engage with students in small group teaching and experiential rotations
- Collaborate with faculty on IRB-approved research - (optional)
- Attend and participate in professional development workshops
Pharmacy licensure is required for Janssen Therapeutic MI track program.
Director, Industry and Education Fellowship Program
Adjunct Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice & Pharmacy Administration
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495