In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Learning
- Certificates for PharmD Students
- Learning Labs and Facilities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
Pharmacy, PharmD Admission Process - Transfer Option
Effective Immediately: the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is no longer required for candidates applying to the USciences PharmD program.
Transfer students may enter the professional phase (year 3) of the 0-6 program, once they have completed the proper prerequisites. Consult with your academic advisor and the Admission Office to find out which prior credits will count toward your USciences degree.
- A minimum GPA of a 2.70 is required to apply for the PharmD program
- New Transfer students only start in the Fall semester.
Required prerequisite courses that should be completed by the end of the summer term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Calculus I (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (6 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Science (includes sociology, psychology, anthropology, etc) (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with no laboratory requirement (6 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communications or Public Speaking (3 credits)
- Economics (e.g., Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Health Economics) (3 credits)
- Humanities electives (6 credits)
Applicants with the required pre-requisites needed to transfer into the first professional year of the PharmD program should follow the following process:
- Application via the Pharmacy College Application Service - PharmCAS. No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is no longer required.
- A 2.70 GPA, with no prerequisite below a grade of “C”, is required for entrance into the Pharmacy program
- An invitation only interview is required for admission into the program. Interviews begin in September and continue until all seats are filled.
- Shadowing hours are not required but recommended.
Students must have a social security number before they can enter their first professional year of study.
Applicants with college experience but not all of the necessary prerequisites, may apply to the first or second year of the undeclared program. These individuals should submit:
- An online application. Please select undeclared as your major of interest.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- An official high school transcript or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (if you have an Associate’s degree or 60+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences these transcripts are waived)
- Official SAT or ACT scores. Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores).
- One to three letters of recommendation.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
The deadline to submit an application via PharmCAS is May 1. USciences operates on a rolling admission basis and applications are reviewed in the order in which they are verified by PharmCAS. Check the PharmCAS website for details.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810