In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Opportunities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
Pharmacy, PharmD Admission Process - Transfer Option
Transfer students may enter the professional phase of the program, once they have completed the proper prerequisites. Consult with your academic advisor and the Admission Office to find out which prior credits will count toward your USciences degree.
- A minimum GPA of a 3.0 is required to apply for the PharmD program
- New Transfer students only start in the Fall semester.
Required prerequisite courses should be completed by the end of the summer term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Calculus I (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (6 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Science (includes sociology, psychology, anthropology, etc) (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab (can be virtual or bench)(8 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communications or Public Speaking (3 credits)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (3 credits)
- Humanities electives (6 credits)
Applicants with college experience interested in applying to the first year of the 6-year PharmD program should submit:
- Completed University online for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- An official high school transcript or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (if you have an Associate’s degree or 60+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences these transcripts are waived)
- Official SAT or ACT scores. Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores).
- One to three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may be submitted using our recommendation form.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
Applicants with the required pre-requisites needed to transfer into the first professional year of the PharmD program should follow the following process:
- Applications for 2017 will be available via the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) in July. No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- A 3.0 GPA, with no prerequisite below a grade of “C”, is required for entrance into the Pharmacy program
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test is required of all applicants.
- An invitation only interview is required for admission into the program. Interviews begin in September and continue until all seats are filled.
- Shadowing hours are not required but highly recommended of all applicants.
- Students must have a social security number before they can enter their first professional year of study.
USciences is an Early Decision school in PharmCAS. For students applying as an Early Decision candidate, please see the application deadlines here. For students that are not applying using the Early Decision option, USciences is rolling admission - we accept qualified applicants throughout the year, and until the class is filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances will be of gaining Admission. Only complete applications can be reviewed.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810