In This Section
North America’s first college of pharmacy. The first competency-driven PharmD curriculum. The one-of-a-kind Ready + 4 program. It’s all part of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy’s pioneering legacy.
Our Ready + 4 program mirrors the complex realities of modern practice, preparing students to thrive in today’s pharmacy environment. Our distinctive two-phase education features a flexible pre-professional phase—Ready—and four years of focused, professional development—+ 4.
Typically completed in two years, the Ready phase combines a strong foundation in pharmacy studies with a well-rounded undergraduate education. The + 4 phase involves four years of professional study based on a unique, competency-driven curriculum.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Founded in 1821, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy was the first pharmacy school in North America.
- Our alumni founded six of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Starting with the professional class of 2018, our PharmD program will be the first
pharmacy program to deliver a competency-driven professional curriculum with Ready + 4.
- You’ll transition seamlessly from the pre-professional years to the professional curriculum
through the program’s direct-entry admission option—no application or PCAT required.
- Gain hands-on pharmacy experience throughout the professional program.
- Our student-centered curriculum includes personalized learning support.
- Our faculty members are award-winning scientists, researchers, innovators, and leaders.
- Here, you’re in the heart of the health science industry, where you are surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all U.S. pharmaceutical firms. And we have longstanding relationships with many of them.
- Loading Events...
Business and Science Degrees Gives Alumna a Competitive Edge in Her Career
March 20, 2017
After picking up some business credits to fill space in her schedule, Yelena Yankovskaya PharmD’12, MBA’14 fell in love with the coursework and changed direction to put her on the path to working on the business side of healthcare.
NAPLEX Pass Rate Article Corrected, PCP 2016 Students in Top Third
March 16, 2017
A recent article in Pharmacy Times "How Did Different Pharmacy Schools Perform on the NAPLEX?" initially incorrectly listed the pass rates for USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students.
USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
March 15, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
PCP Students Featured on Pharmacy Future Leaders Podcast
March 01, 2017
Sunish Shah PharmD’17 and Christine Dimaculangan PharmD'17 were featured on the Pharmacy Future Leaders Podcast, a national podcast by the Pharmacy Podcast Network
Diana Solomon PharmD'16 Chosen for New Practitioner Award
February 24, 2017
This national award recognizes her substantial contributions to the field of nutrition support and her commitment to further the science and practice of clinical nutrition which she demonstrated as a student at PCP.
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8821