In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Opportunities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
PharmD, Doctor of Pharmacy
North America’s first college of pharmacy. The first competency-driven PharmD program. Options to enter as a direct-entry freshman, transfer or graduate student. A lower, fixed tuition. It’s all part of the pioneering legacy of the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, ranked as the area's top pharmacy school*.
Our PharmD program mirrors the complex realities of modern practice, preparing students to thrive in today’s pharmacy environment. Our distinctive two-phase education features a curriculum that adapts to the needs of undergraduate, transfer, and graduate students.
The Pre-Professional Phase
The first part of the program—the pre-professional phase—combines a strong foundation in pharmacy studies with a well-rounded undergraduate education. Designed to be completed in just two years, this phase empowers students to acquire the knowledge necessary to successfully pursue a pharmacist degree.
The flexible pre-professional phase accommodates students’ varied learning styles and interests. While our PharmD program is designed to be completed in six years, students wishing to pursue minors, double majors, or study abroad and who need more than two years to finish the pre-professional phase can complete up to two additional years without losing their direct-entry seat in the four-year professional phase.
The Professional Phase
Four years of focused, professional development based on a unique, competency-driven curriculum highlight the professional part of the Pharm.D. program. The curriculum builds on foundational knowledge and skills, encouraging proficiency in a range of subjects, from human disease and pharmacology to pharmaceutics, therapeutics, and pharmacoeconomics.
Graduate and transfer students entering at this phase benefit from hands-on experience gained through our more than 300 clinical affiliation partner sites across the country—including some of the most renowned hospitals, medical centers, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory agencies. Undergraduate students transition seamlessly from the pre-professional years to the professional Pharm D program through the program’s direct-entry admission option—no application or PCAT required.
University of the Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Doctor of Pharmacy
program is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60603
312-664-3575, FAX 866-228-2631
Get Social with Us
What Sets Us Apart?
- Founded in 1821, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy was the first pharmacy school in North America whose alumni have founded six of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our Doctor of Pharmacy program was the first pharmacy program to deliver a competency-driven professional curriculum. Our student-centered curriculum includes personalized learning support.
- Students seeking a pharmacist degree transition seamlessly from the pre-professional
years to the professional PharmD program through the direct-entry admission option—no application or PCAT required.
- Students benefit from a lower, fixed tuition and general fee†. So you’ll know the full price to earn that degree from the day you begin—no hidden
fees, price increases, or surprises during the course of your education.
- 300+ clinical affiliation sites where students gain hands-on pharmacy experience throughout the professional Pharm D program
- Our faculty members are award-winning clinicians, scientists, researchers, innovators,
- Here, you’re in the heart of the health science industry, where you are surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of
all U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our students are prepared to thrive: 91% of PharmD graduates pass the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination
on their first try—higher than the national average—and they have scored 5% higher
than the national pass rate for two years in a row
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduate and professional students to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
Ursinus College, USciences Sign Affiliation Agreement
June 25, 2019
Ursinus grads can pursue advanced degrees in one of 12 USciences graduate programs
Faculty Research: Climate Change Linked to Rise In Bacterial Infections
June 24, 2019
A new study of patient cases presenting with a deadly Vibrio vulnificus bacteria, suggests climate change and warming waters may be the cause of an increased number of infections in areas not previously impacted.
Industry Analysis: A 'Perfect Storm' for Community Pharmacists
May 16, 2019
Alumna Amina Abubakar PharmD'05 not only has a successful community pharmacy but advises other pharmacists on how pharmacists and medical providers can provide care with a sustainable business model in the new landscape of value-based care.
* U.S. News & World Report, Best Pharmacy Programs: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
† This pricing does NOT include room and board, health insurance, or any professional,
clinical, or transportation fees.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810