In This Section
North America’s first college of pharmacy. The first competency-driven PharmD curriculum. The one-of-a-kind Ready + 4 program. It’s all part of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy’s pioneering legacy.
Our Ready + 4 program mirrors the complex realities of modern practice, preparing students to thrive in today’s pharmacy environment. Our distinctive two-phase education features a flexible pre-professional phase—Ready—and four years of focused, professional development—+ 4.
Typically completed in two years, the Ready phase combines a strong foundation in pharmacy studies with a well-rounded undergraduate education. The + 4 phase involves four years of professional study based on a unique, competency-driven curriculum.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Founded in 1821, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy was the first pharmacy school in North America.
- Our alumni founded six of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Starting with the professional class of 2018, our PharmD program will be the first
pharmacy program to deliver a competency-driven professional curriculum with Ready + 4.
- You’ll transition seamlessly from the pre-professional years to the professional curriculum
through the program’s direct-entry admission option—no application or PCAT required.
- Gain hands-on pharmacy experience throughout the professional program.
- Our student-centered curriculum includes personalized learning support.
- Our faculty members are award-winning scientists, researchers, innovators, and leaders.
- Here, you’re in the heart of the health science industry, where you are surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all U.S. pharmaceutical firms. And we have longstanding relationships with many of them.
- Loading Events...
Students Get Better Grasp of Addiction at Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies
July 20, 2017
Students and faculty from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy attended the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies in Salt Lake City this past spring.
Philadelphia City Council Honors Pharmacy Students for Naloxone Outreach
May 05, 2017
Councilman David Oh presented the resolution, which was passed at this week's meeting, thanking the students for their leadership on this important issue.
USciences Goes to Bat for 2017 Home Run for Hearts
May 03, 2017
University of the Sciences once again participated in the American Heart Association's Home Run for Hearts event on May 1 and 2, 2017.
Pharmacy Students Help Educate Philly Pharmacists About Naloxone
April 27, 2017
Students from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy hit the neighborhoods in Philadelphia where there is the highest rate of overdose to talk to pharmacists and answer their questions about naloxone.
USciences Students Among Pharmacists Who Gathered at Capitol to "Put Patients First"
April 24, 2017
Students from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy were among the hundreds of pharmacists and student pharmacists who converged at the Capitol in Harrisburg for Pennsylvania Pharmacy Day on Wednesday, April 19.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810