In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Learning
- Certificates for PharmD Students
- Learning Labs and Facilities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
Pharmacy, PharmD Admission Process - Graduate Option
Effective Immediately: the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is no longer required for candidates applying to the USciences PharmD program.
Individuals who already have a bachelor's degree enter the PharmD program at the professional phase and benefit from four years of unparalleled career development. Partnerships with more than 300 clinical affiliation sites across the country help them acquire the knowledge and skills to thrive in a changing pharmacy environment.
Note: Professional phase applicants can only start in the Fall Semester.
Applications are available via the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS). No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- 2.70 GPA, with a “C” or better in all prerequisite courses
- An invitation only interview is required for admission into the program. Interviews begin in September and continue until all seats are filled.
- Shadowing hours are not required but recommended
- Students must have a social security number before they can enter their first professional year of study.
**A previously earned pharmacy degree from a university outside of the United States, or enrollment in a pharmacy program outside of the United States, provides no priority consideration for admission. Only non professional level courses are considered in the review process.
Required prerequisite courses that should be completed by the end of the summer term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Calculus I (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (3 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Science (includes sociology, psychology, anthropology,etc) (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with no laboratory requirement (6 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communications or Public Speaking (3 credits)
- Economics (e.g., Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Health Economics) (3 credits)
**International Students should check the graduate admission page for additional requirements
The deadline to submit an application via PharmCAS is May 1, 2020. USciences operates on a rolling admission basis and applications are reviewed in the order in which they are verified by PharmCAS.. USciences participates in the Early Decision Program through PharmCAS. The Early Decision deadline is in early September. Please check the PharmCAS website for details.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810