In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Opportunities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
Pharmacy, PharmD Admission Process - Graduate Option
Graduates who already have a degree enter the program at the professional phase of the program and benefit from four years of unparalleled career development. Partnerships with more than 300 clinical affiliation sites across the country help them acquire the knowledge and skills to thrive in a changing pharmacy environment.
Note: Professional phase can only start in the Fall Semester.
Applications are available via the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS). No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- 3.0 GPA required, with a “C” or better in all prerequisite courses
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) required (MCAT and DAT scores considered for eligible students)
- Interviews begin in September and continue until all seats are filled
- Shadowing hours are not required but highly recommended of all applicants
- Students must have a social security number before they can enter their first professional year of study.
**A previously earned pharmacy degree from a university outside of the United States, or enrollment in a pharmacy program outside of the United States, provides no priority consideration for admission. Only nonprofessional-level courses and PCAT scores are considered in the review process.
Required prerequisite courses should be completed by the end of the summer term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Calculus I (3 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (3 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Science (includes sociology, psychology, anthropology,etc) (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II with lab (can be virtual or bench)(8 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Communications or Public Speaking (3 credits)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (3 credits)
**International Students should check the graduate admission page for additional requirements
The deadline to submit an application via PharmCas was recently extended to May 1, 2018. USciences operates on a rolling admission basis - we accept qualified applicants throughout the year, and until the class is filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances will be of gaining Admission. Only complete applications can be reviewed. USciences also participates in the Early Decision Program through PharmCas. For students applying as an early decision candidate, the deadline for applications was September 5, 2017
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810