In This Section
Pharmacy, PharmD - Application Process
Direct Entry Option
First-time Student Application Process
We are excited that you are interested in attending University of the Sciences!
Please take these steps to apply:
- Submit your official high school transcripts from all high schools you have attended. A list of senior year coursework must be present.
- Send us your SAT or ACT scores. Or both. We super-score, so we will use the exam you perform best on.
USciences test codes:
- Submit an essay at least 250 words, on a topic of your choice, or a previously graded paper. If you’re using the Common Application, any of the prompts will satisfy the essay requirement.
- Submit a letter of recommendation. Up to two additional letters may be submitted. You can use our recommendation form.
You may also mail materials:
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
USciences is rolling admission - we accept qualified applicants throughout the year, and until the class is filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances will be of gaining Admission. Only complete applications can be reviewed.
Note: Professional phase can only start in the Fall Semester.
Applications for 2017 will be available via the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) in July. No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- 3.0 GPA, with a “C” or better in all prerequisite courses
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
- Interviews begin in October and continue until all seats are filled
- Shadowing hours are not required but highly recommended of all applicants
**A previously earned pharmacy degree from a university outside of the United States, or enrollment in a pharmacy program outside of the United States, provides no priority consideration for admission. Only nonprofessional-level courses and PCAT scores are considered in the review process.
Required prerequisite courses should be completed by the end of the summer term preceding enrollment at USciences include:
- General Biology I & II with labs (8 credits)
- General Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Pre-calculus & Calculus I (6 credits)
- Writing Intensive English (2 semesters, 6 credits)
- Social Sciences (3 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with labs (8 credits)
- Physics (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (8 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
**International Students should check the graduate admission page for additional requirements
- A minimum GPA of a 3.0 is required to apply for the PharmD program
- New Transfer students only start in the Fall semester.
Applicants with college experience interested in applying to the first year of the 6-year PharmD program should submit:
- Completed University online for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- An official high school transcript or an official copy of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (if you have an Associate’s degree or 60+ college credits prior to your enrollment at USciences these transcripts are waived)
- Official SAT or ACT scores. Please contact the College Board at 866-756-7346 or ACT Assessment at 319-337-1313 to obtain your scores).
- One to three letters of recommendation. Recommendations may be submitted using our recommendation form.
- A professional goal statement—The statement should explain in detail your interest in the professional program to which you are applying, how you developed this interest, your career goals, and any attributes and accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Also please tell us why you have chosen to apply to USciences.
Applicants with the required pre-requisites needed to transfer into the first professional year of the PharmD program should follow the following process:
- Applications for 2017 will be available via the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) in July. No supplemental application is required. Please submit all documentation directly to PharmCAS.
- A 3.0 GPA, with no prerequisite below a grade of “C”, is required for entrance into the Pharmacy program
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test is required of all applicants.
- An invitation only interview is required for admission into the program. Interviews begin in October and continue until all seats are filled.
- Shadowing hours are not required but highly recommended of all applicants.
- Students must have a social security number before they can enter their first professional year of study.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495