In This Section
- Admission Entry Options
- Curriculum and Duration
- Experiential Learning
- Certificates for PharmD Students
- Learning Labs and Facilities
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
- Faculty, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Technical Standards for the PharmD Program
- PharmD Program Outcomes
PharmD, Doctor of Pharmacy
North America’s first college of pharmacy. A PharmD Program with a unique competency driven professional curriculum. Options to enter as a direct-entry freshman, transfer or graduate student. A lower, fixed tuition. It’s all part of the pioneering legacy of the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, ranked as the area's top pharmacy school*.
Our PharmD program mirrors the complex realities of modern practice, preparing students to thrive in today’s pharmacy environment. Our distinctive two-phase education features a curriculum that adapts to the needs of undergraduate, transfer, and graduate students.
In fall 2022, USciences fully expects to be part of Saint Joseph’s University.** You’ll still benefit from USciences’ proven expertise in healthcare and science, joined with Saint Joseph’s University’s strengths in business, education, and liberal arts. And we’re committed to ensuring that you receive that same high-quality education with proven value.
That’s why we’re offering FIXED tuition if you enroll in fall 2022 for the duration of the program. You’ll know the full price to earn your degree from the day you begin until you graduate. Apply to USciences today.
**Finalization of this merger is pending routine regulatory and accreditation requirements including approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more at usciences.edu/sju.
The Pre-Professional Phase
The first part of the program—the pre-professional phase—combines a strong foundation in pharmacy studies with a well-rounded undergraduate education. Designed to be completed in just two years, this phase empowers students to acquire the knowledge necessary to successfully pursue a pharmacist degree.
The flexible pre-professional phase accommodates students’ varied learning styles and interests. While our PharmD program is designed to be completed in six years, students wishing to pursue minors, double majors, or study abroad and who need more than two years to finish the pre-professional phase can complete up to two additional years without losing their direct-entry seat.
The Professional Phase
Four years of focused, professional development based on a unique, competency-driven curriculum highlight the professional part of the Pharm.D. program. The curriculum builds on foundational knowledge and skills, encouraging proficiency in a range of subjects, from human disease and pharmacology to pharmaceutics, therapeutics, and pharmacoeconomics.
Graduate and transfer students entering at this phase benefit from hands-on experience gained through our more than 400 clinical affiliation partner sites across the country—including some of the most renowned hospitals, medical centers, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory agencies. Undergraduate students transition seamlessly from the pre-professional years to the professional Pharm D program through the program’s direct-entry admission option—no PCAT required.
University of the Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Doctor of Pharmacy
program is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
190 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60603
312-664-3575, FAX 866-228-2631
Get Social with Us
What Sets Us Apart?
- Founded in 1821, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy was the first pharmacy school in North America whose alumni have founded six of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our Doctor of Pharmacy program is one of the first pharmacy programs to deliver a competency-driven professional curriculum. Our student-centered curriculum includes personalized learning support.
- Students seeking a pharmacist degree transition seamlessly from the pre-professional
years to the professional PharmD program through the direct-entry admission option—no application or PCAT required.
- Students benefit from a lower, fixed tuition and general fee†. So you’ll know the full price to earn that degree from the day you begin—no hidden
fees, price increases, or surprises during the course of your education.
- State-of-the-art learning labs and facilities prepare our pharmacy students well for the rigors and realities of today’s healthcare
- 400+ clinical affiliation sites where students gain hands-on pharmacy experience throughout the professional Pharm D program
- Our faculty members are award-winning clinicians, scientists, researchers, innovators,
- Special agreements with select partner institutions create a clear pathway to the professional phase of the PharmD program at USciences. Professional Bridge agreements allow students who have earned an AS at a partner
community college to complete remaining prerequisite courses to enter the PharmD program.
Other agreements cater to students who have or will earn a BS degree.
- Here, you’re in the heart of the health science industry, where you are surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of
all U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our students demonstrate success. Our graduates consistently excel at the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination
(NAPLEX) licensure exam, and earn top spots in post-graduate residencies and fellowships.
- We offer several graduate certificates that USciences PharmD students can take advantage of, at no extra cost, to enhance their credentials or to begin a Master’s or PhD program.
- Student Org Spotlight: Operation OTC Medicine Safety
March 14, 2022
Operation OTC Medicine Safety is a patient care group that operates under the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The student organization at University of the Sciences aims to educate the community on safe use and storage of over-the-counter medications.
- Pharmacy Student Awarded for Substance Use Disorders Public Health Work
December 21, 2021
Jasmeen Kaur's PharmD'22 work in public health has focused on harm reduction in patients with substance use disorders.
- Student Org Spotlight: Phi Delta Chi
October 14, 2021
Phi Delta Chi focuses on preparing students to be professionals in the pharmacy industry.
* U.S. News & World Report, Best Pharmacy Programs: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
† This pricing does NOT include room and board, health insurance, or any professional,
clinical, or transportation fees.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810