In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology, MS, PhD
Make your mark by integrating theory with trailblazing experiments on the frontiers of science. Benefit from our patented blend: leading researchers, state-of-the-art facilities, and small classes. Your hands-on mastery will make you an ideal candidate for a career in academia, private industry, or public service.
What Sets Us Apart?
- In coursework and laboratory rotations you’ll conduct groundbreaking research shoulder-to-shoulder with expert faculty.
- You’ll present your research findings at local and national scientific gatherings.
- Over the past five years, our graduates have 100% job placement.
- Small class sizes encourage personal attention.
- You’ll join our expert faculty in intramural seminars and a weekly Journal Club.
- Surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all U.S. pharmaceutical
firms, USciences is in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations provide you with internship options and job opportunities.
Program Director’s Message
USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Students Present Research Posters
December 03, 2019
Students from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences shared their scholarship during a Mini Research Day hosted by the department on November 21, 2019.
Lab Grows Three-Dimensional Tumors to Detect Biomarkers in Cancer Patients
November 22, 2019
As a doctor of pharmacy student, Megan Shuminski PharmD'21 knows having experience in a cancer cell culture lab isn't common, but thinks her experience working delving into the science behind clinical treatments will give her a unique understanding when treating future patients.
Expert Commentary: USciences Professor Discusses CVS Decision to Stop Zantac Sales
October 16, 2019
KYW Newsradio spoke with Dr. Pardeep Gupta, director of the Industrial Pharmacy Lab at USciences, about CVS Pharmacy's decision to pull the medication Zantac and its generic form from shelves over fears that it may cause cancer.
Early Charm Ventures, L2C Partners and University of the Sciences Announce Launch of Abri Science
September 19, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) in collaboration with L2C Partners and Early Charm Ventures today announced the launch of Abri Science, an advanced materials company that is licensing technology invented at USciences for commercialization.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495