In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology, MS, PhD
Make your mark by integrating theory with trailblazing experiments on the frontiers of science. Benefit from our patented blend: leading researchers, state-of-the-art facilities, and small classes. Your hands-on mastery will make you an ideal candidate for a career in academia, private industry, or public service.
What Sets Us Apart?
- In coursework and laboratory rotations you’ll conduct groundbreaking research shoulder-to-shoulder with expert faculty.
- You’ll present your research findings at local and national scientific gatherings.
- Over the past five years, our graduates have 100% job placement.
- Small class sizes encourage personal attention.
- You’ll join our expert faculty in intramural seminars and a weekly Journal Club.
- Surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all U.S. pharmaceutical
firms, USciences is in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations provide you with internship options and job opportunities.
Program Director’s Message
Student-Athlete Represents Pharmacology and Toxicology Program as its First Valedictorian
May 28, 2019
For the last four years, Brittany Rickard PH/TX'19 has not just managed a full class load and a Division II sport, she's knocked it out of the park by becoming the Class of 2019 Valedictorian.
Graduate Fellows Honored for Academic and Research Achievements
April 10, 2019
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Reception on March 14, 2019, in Wilson Hall.
Pharmaceutics PhD Student Prepared for Career in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
April 08, 2019
AFSANA TRINI PhD'19 always considered University of the Sciences to be a superior school during her graduate school search. She was impressed by the reputations of USciences' alumni in the field of biopharmaceutical industries as well as the fact that it was the first pharmacy school in North America.
PhD Student Gains Valuable Experience During Co-op at Glaxo Smith Kline
April 08, 2019
For Sundee Dees PhD'20, who is studying Pharmacology and Toxicology, having the opportunity to participate in a six-month co-op program at Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) in Philadelphia last year was an invaluable experience.
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495