In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology, MS, PhD
Make your mark by integrating theory with trailblazing experiments on the frontiers of science. Benefit from our patented blend: leading researchers, state-of-the-art facilities, and small classes. Your hands-on mastery will make you an ideal candidate for a career in academia, private industry, or public service.
What Sets Us Apart?
- In coursework and laboratory rotations you’ll conduct groundbreaking research shoulder-to-shoulder with expert faculty.
- You’ll present your research findings at local and national scientific gatherings.
- Over the past five years, our graduates have 100% job placement.
- Small class sizes encourage personal attention.
- You’ll join our expert faculty in intramural seminars and a weekly Journal Club.
- Surrounded by 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all U.S. pharmaceutical
firms, USciences is in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations provide you with internship options and job opportunities.
Program Director’s Message
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor Awarded Carnegie Fellowship in Africa
January 03, 2019
University of the Sciences' Adeboye Adejare, PhD, a professor of pharmaceutical sciences was among Africa and African-born academics selected for the 2018 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP).
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
Expert Commentary: A Healthy Lifestyle May Be the Key to Preventing Cancer
October 31, 2018
Although breast cancer incidence is often thought to be a spontaneous disease, most people are unaware that certain everyday lifestyles might impact on the development of this cancer later on in life and or affect how many years breast cancer survivors will live post-diagnosis.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495