In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor Awarded Carnegie Fellowship in Africa
January 03, 2019
University of the Sciences' Adeboye Adejare, PhD, a professor of pharmaceutical sciences was among Africa and African-born academics selected for the 2018 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP).
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810