In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
PCP Receives Walgreens Diversity Donation
May 03, 2017
A donation from Walgreens to Philadelphia College of Pharmacy will support programs and initiatives to foster diversity.
USciences Students Among Pharmacists Who Gathered at Capitol to "Put Patients First"
April 24, 2017
Students from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy were among the hundreds of pharmacists and student pharmacists who converged at the Capitol in Harrisburg for Pennsylvania Pharmacy Day on Wednesday, April 19.
USciences Graduate Fellows Celebrated
April 04, 2017
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Brunch on March 30 2017.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810