In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- The Explorers and Scholars in Science Program, allows selected first-year students to conduct eight weeks of full time research with a faculty mentor during the summer following their first undergraduate year at
USciences. The program includes a stipend, and scholars present at a summer research
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Veteran Defends Dissertation on 30-Year Anniversary of Service in Persian Gulf War
May 06, 2021
After joining and serving in the Marines at 19, Matt Bahr PhD (Pharmaceutics) found his way into a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing as a plant engineer at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Pharmacy Students Receive Immunization Training for Join Front Lines of Pandemic Relief
March 17, 2021
Students in their second professional year of the PharmD program at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy participated in a mass immunization training session.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- Alumnus Owned Pharmacy Distributed COVID Vaccine to Community
February 15, 2021
Mayank Amin PharmD'09 was featured in two stories from The Philadelphia Inquirer about his pharmacy, Skippack Pharmacy, distributing a delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine to their community.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
February 05, 2021
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810