In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- The Explorers and Scholars in Science Program, allows selected first-year students to conduct eight weeks of full time research with a faculty mentor during the summer following their first undergraduate year at
USciences. The program includes a stipend, and scholars present at a summer research
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Anil D'Mello Honored with Faculty Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
University of the Sciences presented the 2020 Faculty Award of Merit to Anil D'Mello, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Students Present Research Posters
December 03, 2019
Students from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences shared their scholarship during a Mini Research Day hosted by the department on November 21, 2019.
- Lab Grows Three-Dimensional Tumors to Detect Biomarkers in Cancer Patients
November 22, 2019
As a doctor of pharmacy student, Megan Shuminski PharmD'21 knows having experience in a cancer cell culture lab isn't common, but thinks her experience working delving into the science behind clinical treatments will give her a unique understanding when treating future patients.
- Expert Commentary: USciences Professor Discusses CVS Decision to Stop Zantac Sales
October 16, 2019
KYW Newsradio spoke with Dr. Pardeep Gupta, director of the Industrial Pharmacy Lab at USciences, about CVS Pharmacy's decision to pull the medication Zantac and its generic form from shelves over fears that it may cause cancer.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810