In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
High School Students Gain Research Experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab
August 06, 2018
Although he hasn't taken a college level course, Joseph San Filippo PharmSci'22 has already begun working in a USciences laboratory. San Filippo learned about the trials and tribulations of working in a University laboratory this summer with a stint in pharmaceutical sciences lab under the tutelage of Anil D'Mello, PhD.
USciences Degree Changes Alumna's Career Path
April 12, 2018
Shruti Dani, RPh, MS'11 was looking for a graduate program that would put her in the direction she wanted to take her career. Her search led to University of the Sciences and a master's in pharmacy administration.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
Scholarship Award Makes a Difference Toward Student's Educational Pursuits
March 21, 2018
The Martin Buchalter Endowed Scholarship supports students who are studying pharmaceutical manufacturing or who have expressed an interest in pursuing a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Alumnus Dr. Edward Foote Named PCP Dean
February 26, 2018
Edward Foote P'87, PharmD'91 is returning to his alma mater as dean of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810