In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Graduate Fellows Honored for Academic and Research Achievements
April 10, 2019
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Reception on March 14, 2019, in Wilson Hall.
Pharmaceutics PhD Student Prepared for Career in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
April 08, 2019
AFSANA TRINI PhD'19 always considered University of the Sciences to be a superior school during her graduate school search. She was impressed by the reputations of USciences' alumni in the field of biopharmaceutical industries as well as the fact that it was the first pharmacy school in North America.
PhD Student Gains Valuable Experience During Co-op at Glaxo Smith Kline
April 08, 2019
For Sundee Dees PhD'20, who is studying Pharmacology and Toxicology, having the opportunity to participate in a six-month co-op program at Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) in Philadelphia last year was an invaluable experience.
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810