In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- The Explorers and Scholars in Science Program, allows selected first-year students to conduct eight weeks of full time research with a faculty mentor during the summer following their first undergraduate year at
USciences. The program includes a stipend, and scholars present at a summer research
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
- Students Shape Research Careers In Explorers and Scholars Program
November 09, 2021
. A novel program -- Explorers and Scholars -- allows students in the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences the funding to focus on research in a lab throughout the summer.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- Psychedelic Compounds are Focus of USciences Lab
October 18, 2021
For Jason Wallach, PhD, assistant professor of pharmaceutical sciences at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, his desire to learn about psychedelic substances began long before his research career.
- Pharmacy Students Honored at White Coat Ceremony
October 05, 2021
145 students participated in the ceremony, which marks their transition into the professional years of the PharmD program.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810