In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government
agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor Awarded Carnegie Fellowship in Africa
January 03, 2019
University of the Sciences' Adeboye Adejare, PhD, a professor of pharmaceutical sciences was among Africa and African-born academics selected for the 2018 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP).
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
Expert Commentary: A Healthy Lifestyle May Be the Key to Preventing Cancer
October 31, 2018
Although breast cancer incidence is often thought to be a spontaneous disease, most people are unaware that certain everyday lifestyles might impact on the development of this cancer later on in life and or affect how many years breast cancer survivors will live post-diagnosis.
High School Students Gain Research Experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab
August 06, 2018
Although he hasn't taken a college level course, Joseph San Filippo PharmSci'22 has already begun working in a USciences laboratory. San Filippo learned about the trials and tribulations of working in a University laboratory this summer with a stint in pharmaceutical sciences lab under the tutelage of Anil D'Mello, PhD.
USciences Degree Changes Alumna's Career Path
April 12, 2018
Shruti Dani, RPh, MS'11 was looking for a graduate program that would put her in the direction she wanted to take her career. Her search led to University of the Sciences and a master's in pharmacy administration.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810