In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
NAPLEX Pass Rate Article Corrected, PCP 2016 Students in Top Third
March 16, 2017
A recent article in Pharmacy Times "How Did Different Pharmacy Schools Perform on the NAPLEX?" initially incorrectly listed the pass rates for USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students.
USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
March 15, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
Montgomery County Community College and USciences Sign Transfer Agreement
March 03, 2017
The transfer agreement is open to MCCC students receiving associate of science degrees for transfer into select USciences bachelor's programs.
PCP Students Featured on Pharmacy Future Leaders Podcast
March 01, 2017
Sunish Shah PharmD’17 and Christine Dimaculangan PharmD'17 were featured on the Pharmacy Future Leaders Podcast, a national podcast by the Pharmacy Podcast Network
Linwood N.J., Student-Researcher Earns Founders' Day 2017 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit
February 20, 2017
An adept student-researcher with numerous meeting abstract submissions, presentations and summer internships Nadine Filemban PhSci'17 was presented with the 2017 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit during the University of the Sciences' 196th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495