In This Section
Pharmacology and Toxicology Major
The Pharmacology and Toxicology program at USciences is one of the few undergraduate programs of its kind in the nation. It introduces you to a fascinating world where scientific theory and biomedical research practices converge. You’ll gain valuable experience in laboratory techniques, research conduct, and analysis while mastering pharmacology and toxicology’s theoretical approaches. And you’ll learn practical lessons from leading professionals and scientific experts active in the field.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Small class sizes enable valuable connections with your peers and professors.
- Examine how drugs work — and why some are toxic — in our well-equipped laboratories.
- You’ll conduct supervised independent research with our expert faculty.
- Sharpen your analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills in the classroom, in
labs, and through off-campus opportunities.
- You can complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in the
first two years of the program. You can then extend this knowledge in subsequent core
and elective courses.
- Enjoy access to countless opportunities with the many pharmaceutical and chemical companies, research institutes, and government agencies in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
New Discovery by USciences Researchers Moves Closer to Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment
October 26, 2017
USciences researchers have discovered a small molecule that exhibits selectivity toward TNBC cells while sparing normal surrounding cells.
STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
On Guatemalan Mission Trip, Pharmacy Students Learn Compassion, Collaborative Care
August 24, 2017
This summer, seven Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students participated in an elective rotation that provided them the opportunity to travel to Panajachel, Guatemala.
Health Tip: Grapefruit and Certain Medications Don't Mix Well
July 26, 2017
Dr. Dan Hussar says properties in the grapefruit interact with certain medications in such a way that a person ends up having more of the active drug in the body.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810