In This Section
Pharmaceutical Science Major
Develop the next breakthrough drug at USciences. Our BS in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. You’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. And you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- Our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- Working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual University of the Sciences Research Day.
- Enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: You’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- We are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous choices for internships and job opportunities.
- Loading Events...
USciences NewsView All
USciences Lowers Tuition for Fall 2018 Incoming Class
September 06, 2017
New pricing structure lowers tuition for undergraduate and professional students
On Guatemalan Mission Trip, Pharmacy Students Learn Compassion, Collaborative Care
August 24, 2017
This summer, seven Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students participated in an elective rotation that provided them the opportunity to travel to Panajachel, Guatemala.
Health Tip: Grapefruit and Certain Medications Don't Mix Well
July 26, 2017
Dr. Dan Hussar says properties in the grapefruit interact with certain medications in such a way that a person ends up having more of the active drug in the body.
Students Get Better Grasp of Addiction at Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies
July 20, 2017
Students and faculty from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy attended the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies in Salt Lake City this past spring.
USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810