In This Section
Pharmaceutical Science Major
Develop the next breakthrough drug at USciences. Our BS in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. You’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. And you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- Our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- Working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual University of the Sciences Research Day.
- The Explorers and Scholars in Science Program, allows selected first-year students to conduct eight weeks of full time research with a faculty mentor during the summer following their first undergraduate year
at USciences. The program includes a stipend, and scholars present at a summer research
- Enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: You’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- We are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous
choices for internships and job opportunities.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
- Pharmacy Students Honored at White Coat Ceremony
October 05, 2021
145 students participated in the ceremony, which marks their transition into the professional years of the PharmD program.
- Veteran Defends Dissertation on 30-Year Anniversary of Service in Persian Gulf War
May 06, 2021
After joining and serving in the Marines at 19, Matt Bahr PhD (Pharmaceutics) found his way into a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing as a plant engineer at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Pharmacy Students Receive Immunization Training for Join Front Lines of Pandemic Relief
March 17, 2021
Students in their second professional year of the PharmD program at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy participated in a mass immunization training session.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- Alumnus Owned Pharmacy Distributed COVID Vaccine to Community
February 15, 2021
Mayank Amin PharmD'09 was featured in two stories from The Philadelphia Inquirer about his pharmacy, Skippack Pharmacy, distributing a delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine to their community.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810