In This Section
Pharmaceutical Science Major
Develop the next breakthrough drug at USciences. Our BS in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. You’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. And you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- Our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- Working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual University of the Sciences Research Day.
- Enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: You’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- We are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous
choices for internships and job opportunities.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
USciences Celebrates Its 198-Year History at Founders' Day
February 18, 2019
With pomp and circumstance, USciences faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends marked 198 years since the University was established at a special Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 14, 2019.
Sigmapharm Internship Gives Students Exposure to Industry
January 30, 2019
Five USciences undergraduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs learned about different career opportunities and applied their learning from the classroom and labs to the real world during a four-week summer internship experience at Sigmapharm Laboratories in Bensalem, Pa.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor Awarded Carnegie Fellowship in Africa
January 03, 2019
University of the Sciences' Adeboye Adejare, PhD, a professor of pharmaceutical sciences was among Africa and African-born academics selected for the 2018 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP).
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810