In This Section
Pharmaceutical Science Major
Develop the next breakthrough drug at USciences. Our BS in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. You’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. And you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- Our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- Working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual University of the Sciences Research Day.
- Enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: You’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- We are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous
choices for internships and job opportunities.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
November 05, 2018
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
Expert Commentary: A Healthy Lifestyle May Be the Key to Preventing Cancer
October 31, 2018
Although breast cancer incidence is often thought to be a spontaneous disease, most people are unaware that certain everyday lifestyles might impact on the development of this cancer later on in life and or affect how many years breast cancer survivors will live post-diagnosis.
High School Students Gain Research Experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences Lab
August 06, 2018
Although he hasn't taken a college level course, Joseph San Filippo PharmSci'22 has already begun working in a USciences laboratory. San Filippo learned about the trials and tribulations of working in a University laboratory this summer with a stint in pharmaceutical sciences lab under the tutelage of Anil D'Mello, PhD.
USciences Degree Changes Alumna's Career Path
April 12, 2018
Shruti Dani, RPh, MS'11 was looking for a graduate program that would put her in the direction she wanted to take her career. Her search led to University of the Sciences and a master's in pharmacy administration.
Undergraduate Research Festival Celebrates Student Scholarship
March 23, 2018
The Undergraduate Research Festival sponsored by the Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR) celebrated the breadth of research projects being conducted by undergraduate students and their faculty mentors in a variety of labs and classrooms across campus. The three-day event formally began with ribbon cutting ceremonies by President Dr. Paul Katz.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810