In This Section
Pharmaceutical Science Major
Develop the next breakthrough drug at USciences. Our BS in pharmaceutical sciences program provides you with a foundation in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and pharmaceutics. You’ll sharpen your technical skills through nine laboratory-based courses and faculty-directed undergraduate research projects in a variety of biotechnology and pharmaceutical facilities. And you’ll use these skills to develop new medications as you prepare for a successful pharmaceutical career.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Gain the theoretical understanding and laboratory-based skills to develop, formulate,
manufacture, and test drugs and cosmetics.
- Our flexible curriculum allows you to choose an area of specialization or pursue a minor in a specific discipline.
- Working closely with faculty, you’ll conduct undergraduate research that you can then present at the annual University of the Sciences Research Day.
- Enjoy unparalleled prep for medical school: You’ll complete the basic courses required for admission to medical school in your
first two years.
- We are located in the heart of the biotechnology and health science industry, surrounded by more than 250 medical facilities and within two hours of 75% of all
U.S. pharmaceutical firms.
- Our long-standing relationships with many companies and organizations create numerous
choices for internships and job opportunities.
- Lesson the total time and cost to complete a USciences MS or PhD—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost
USciences NewsView All
Student-Athlete Represents Pharmacology and Toxicology Program as its First Valedictorian
May 28, 2019
For the last four years, Brittany Rickard PH/TX'19 has not just managed a full class load and a Division II sport, she's knocked it out of the park by becoming the Class of 2019 Valedictorian.
Graduate Fellows Honored for Academic and Research Achievements
April 10, 2019
Graduate students and their advisors celebrated the students' academic and research achievements at the annual Graduate Fellows Reception on March 14, 2019, in Wilson Hall.
Pharmaceutics PhD Student Prepared for Career in the Biopharmaceutical Industry
April 08, 2019
AFSANA TRINI PhD'19 always considered University of the Sciences to be a superior school during her graduate school search. She was impressed by the reputations of USciences' alumni in the field of biopharmaceutical industries as well as the fact that it was the first pharmacy school in North America.
PhD Student Gains Valuable Experience During Co-op at Glaxo Smith Kline
April 08, 2019
For Sundee Dees PhD'20, who is studying Pharmacology and Toxicology, having the opportunity to participate in a six-month co-op program at Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) in Philadelphia last year was an invaluable experience.
Graduate Student Earns Patent; Awaiting Another for Research Findings
March 19, 2019
Boyenoh Gaye, a PhD candidate studying pharmaceutics, was already working in the field as a senior scientist at GlaxoSmithKline when she began pursuing her doctorate. Since she returned to her studies, Gaye has earned a patent, filed for another provisional patent and been published in major publications and asked to present at major conferences and meetings.
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810