In This Section
Pharmaceutical Sciences Major - Experiential Opportunities
With an emphasis on hand-on learning, the chance to earn a master’s degree in half the time of a traditional degree program, and a wealth of professional organizations to become involved with, you enjoy a multifaceted learning experience.
Learning by Doing
As a pharmaceutical sciences student at University of the Sciences, you’ll benefit greatly from our emphasis on hands-on learning:
- Laboratory-based courses and research projects help develop and build on the technical skills that are in demand by employers and graduate programs.
- Optional research with faculty is available in the fourth year.
- Electives may be satisfied with research credits.
- You can work as paid technicians on funded research projects.
- The Student Research Society gives you the chance to network with peers, visit pharmaceutical companies, and gain exposure to industry scientists.
- Summer internships at pharmaceutical companies in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut offer you the chance to apply skills in professional settings. Recent internship sites have included:
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Rohto-Mentholatum Research Laboratories
- West Pharmaceutical Services
- Cephalon Inc.
The Importance of Networking
Professional and scientific affiliations enrich the educational experience by providing you with the chance to learn from and network with those in their field.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- American Pharmaceutical Association Academy of Students of Pharmacy
- Student Chapter, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
- Student Chapters, Pennsylvania Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Philadelphia Pharmaceutical Forum
- Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
- PDA, An International Association for Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
- Controlled Release Society
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495