In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- CEO Magazine: USciences MBA Program Named Tier One
April 07, 2020
CEO Magazine has ranked University of the Sciences' MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business among the tier one programs offering the degree and 19th for Global Online MBA.
- USciences Donates More than 60,000 Pieces of Personal Protective Equipment
April 06, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences faculty and staff have collected personal protective equipment (PPE) from across campus to donate to healthcare institutions in Philadelphia.
- Alumnus Donates Medical Supplies to Support Lehigh Valley Community During Coronavirus
April 06, 2020
Rikin Patel PharmD'12, the owner of Whitehall Pharmacy, wants to make sure his community is safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Inherently as a community pharmacist, when the outbreak began, he thought of his community in the Lehigh Valley.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
Patricia Audet, PharmD
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495