In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Celebrating the Bicentennial Edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
November 25, 2020
The 23rd edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy was published in November by USciences own Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) faculty.
- USciences Online Graduate Uses Certificate to Continue Advancing her Career
November 16, 2020
When Gina Pepe HAGC'20 was looking to continue her education, she knew that doing so through an asynchronous, online program would be her best option for success while juggling her busy life.
- Alumna Chooses to Continue Her Education with USciences Online
November 12, 2020
When looking to continue her education, alumna Gwenevere Creque MT’78, HIGC’20 discovered that USciences Online offered just what she was looking for.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.
Edward F. Foote, BS 87’, PharmD 91’, FCCP
John Wyeth Dean and Professor
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495