In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Physician, Astronaut Bernard Harris to Address Graduates at Bicentennial Commencement
February 22, 2021
Bernard A. Harris, Jr., MD, a physician and astronaut, has been selected to address the Class of 2021 at the 200th Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier to be Honored at Founders' Day
February 16, 2021
Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Merck & Co., has been selected as the Bicentennial Founders’ Day keynote speaker.
- Student H1N1 Lessons Learned Continues to Impact Additional Public Health Efforts
February 15, 2021
Alumnus Michael Dejos PharmD'13 shares his experience at USciences during the H1N1 pandemic, and how it has helped him during COVID-19.
Edward F. Foote, BS 87’, PharmD 91’, FCCP
John Wyeth Dean and Professor
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495