In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- Faculty and Alum Have Medical Marijuana Study Published
September 21, 2021
The results of a study conducted by USciences faculty examining patients using medical marijuana was recently published in the journal Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids.
- High School Student gets Experience Researching Cell Movement in Biological Sciences Lab
September 10, 2021
In the lab of Chris Janetopoulos, PhD, associate professor of biological sciences, high school students work alongside undergraduates to study how cells move.
- Frozen in Time: The History of Breyers and USciences
September 09, 2021
The area that is now home to the Integrated Professional Education Complex (IPEX) and McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) once was home to the Breyers Ice Cream plant.
- Student Org Spotlight: Culture Shock
September 08, 2021
Culture Shock at USciences is a multicultural dance organization that infuses afro-Caribbean dances with modern-day trends.
- Student Org Spotlight: Art Club
August 31, 2021
The art club at USciences is a place for students to express their creativity.
Edward F. Foote, BS 87’, PharmD 91’, FCCP
John Wyeth Dean and Professor
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495