In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- Student Org Spotlight: Operation OTC Medicine Safety
March 14, 2022
Operation OTC Medicine Safety is a patient care group that operates under the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The student organization at University of the Sciences aims to educate the community on safe use and storage of over-the-counter medications.
- Meg St. Clair Achieves Certified Research Administrator Status
February 10, 2022
Margaret St. Clair, Grants Specialist in the University of the Sciences Office of Sponsored Projects and Research, has recently been designated as a Certified Research Administrator by the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).
- Assistant Professor Publishes Article on Autism Research
February 01, 2022
Ashley Brooke de Marchena, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at USciences, recently published an opinion piece on Spectrum, a news website specific to autism research.
- USciences Hosts Annual MLK Day of Service Virtual Events
January 18, 2022
This year, the USciences Annual MLK Day of Service featured three virtual events to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
Edward F. Foote, BS 87’, PharmD 91’, FCCP
John Wyeth Dean and Professor
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495