In This Section
- Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Minors
- Graduate Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Awards & Honors
Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business - Research Opportunities
Faculty from the Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business focus on maintaining professional experiences that assist in maintaining their expertise in their areas of academic focus, especially in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. Most of our faculty’s scholarly activities emphasize supporting student research efforts. Areas of faculty research interest are listed below for our full time faculty.
Primary areas of research interest for our faculty
- Pharmaceutical R&D strategy and process
- Specialty Drugs
- Drug Pricing
- Comparative Healthcare Systems (International)
- Economic Burden of Chronic Illnesses
- International Marketing
- US Health Policy and Law – specific to out-of-pocket costs
- Econometric Modeling
- Business Strategy
- Building Global Commercial Teams: New Charters, Structures and Processes
- Globalization: A Needed Approach to Pharma Global Brand Development & Lifecycle Management
- Preparing Students to Enter the Workforce: Merging Content Knowledge with Skills Assessment to Ensure Post-graduate Success
- Drivers of team performance
- Team leadership skills
- Study of moral hazard in the medical choices for patients
USciences NewsView All
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Occupational Therapy Class Keeps Connection While Learning Virtually
July 13, 2020
As COVID-19 brought stay-at-home orders and the transition to virtual life began for many people, classes at USciences and everywhere had to be adapted. For Sarah Corcoran OTD, OTR/L, this meant bringing OT 105/405: Overview of Occupational Therapy (OT) Practice to life online.
- Pharmacy Students Win Script Your Future National Award
July 09, 2020
USciences Pharmacy students were awarded the National Award in the Annual Medication Adherence Team Challenge.
- Alumnus Takes 'Opportunity of A Lifetime' Serving on White House Coronavirus Task Force
July 09, 2020
Kurtis Oakley MB'07, MT'08 was deployed in April as a COVID-19 microbiological operations officer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) White House task force unit.
- USciences Faculty Author Textbook 'Effective Scientific Communication'
July 09, 2020
Cristina Hanganu-Bresch, PhD, assistant director of Writing Programs and professor of writing and rhetoric, and Kelleen Flaherty, former assistant professor of Biomedical Writing at USciences, authored a textbook "Effective Scientific Communication: The Other Half of Science."
Edward F. Foote, BS 87’, PharmD 91’, FCCP
John Wyeth Dean and Professor
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495