In This Section
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Major - Research Opportunities
All PHB students participate in a year-long senior thesis sequence during which time they have the opportunity to further develop their primary data collection skills, critical thinking, problem solving and communications skills. Students work under faculty guidance to present their work at USciences Annual Research Day and are recognized for their efforts on a wide-range of topics which they have selected. Recent senior research topics have included:
- Can the Orphan Drug Act Concept Increase the Development of Companion Diagnostics?
- Deterring Off-label Marketing: What More Needs To Be Done?
- Follow-up Genetic Testing Affecting Pharmacogenetics
- Impact of Certification on Patient and Physician Views of Online Health Communities
- Impact of Drug Launch Experience on Specialty Drug Launch Success
- Incentivizing Early Kidney Screening in Diabetic Patients to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Interchangeability of Biosimilars and Its Affect on Automatic Pharmacy Substitution
- Is the Pharmaceutical Lobby in the U.S. Too Strong?
- Motivating Global Brand Teams
- Penalties Vs. Incentives: A New Age of Controlling Healthcare Cost in America
- Physician-Patient Perspectives on the Effects of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Advertising
- Proposed Cost-shift to Sustain Orphan Drug Prices
- Regulatory Impact On Creative Advertising Effectiveness
- Use of Mobile Health Technologies in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Value Based Drug Pricing Models in Oncology
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810