In This Section
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Major
The BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business program blends business and science, providing exactly what you need to propel yourself on the path to career success:
- A specialized pharmaceutical business education from a leading institution focused on the largest sector of the U.S. economy
- Personal attention from renowned professors with real-world expertise
- A seamless transition from studying to working
- In-demand industry knowledge, including the latest thinking in critical fields
- Practical experience to build broad-based business capabilities and skills in a variety of disciplines
- Opportunities to improve as a leader, teammate, and businessperson while honing your critical thinking, problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
What sets us apart?
- A small and inclusive personal environment with a high degree of faculty attention
(our student to faculty ratio is 11:1)
- Our expert faculty members aren’t just teachers—they’re respected pharmaceutical business leaders.
- During the summer between your third and fourth years of study, you’ll have an opportunity
to gain practical knowledge through an industry internship.
- Because you work on industry-related projects, you can build your professional portfolio with tangible results to show prospective employers.
- Tap into our growing network of clients, adjunct faculty, alumni, and guest lecturers
from the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
- Our campus is close to countless medical communications and advertising firms, healthcare-related
nonprofits, major pharmaceutical companies, and entrepreneurial start-ups.
- Lessen the total time and cost to complete a USciences MBA—the integrated graduate credit program allows qualified undergraduates to take up to 15 additional credits of graduate coursework at no extra cost.
Our BS in pharmaceutical and healthcare business and MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
Graduation and Retention
For our 2012-2013 entering undergraduate PHB students the graduation rate was 86%. This is six years (as of May 2018) for our undergraduate students in the 2012-2013 cohort. This data is posted in a timeframe consistent with the 1990 Student Right to Know Act, which requires post-secondary institutions to report the percentage of students that complete their program within 150% of the normal completion time.
The retention rate for AY 2017-2018 was 100%. Retention rate refers to the total of graduates and active students retained from Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 to Fall 2017 – Spring 2018.
Student Learning Outcomes
95.2% of our undergraduate PHB students achieved good to excellent performance, as measured by the faculty using AACU VALUE rubrics for written and oral communication and critical thinking for academic years 2017-2018 and 2018-2019. For a complete listing of Student Learning Outcomes including rubrics and external benchmarking, click here.
Program Director’s Message
USciences NewsView All
- PCP Students Engage Classmates, Faculty in Diversity Discussions
June 22, 2021
In an effort to encourage their classmates to speak more openly about diversity, equity and inclusion opportunities at USciences, Jordan Davidson PhB'22 and Luzdary (Lucy) Illesca PhB'22, students in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Program at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, organized a series of events.
- USciences MBA Program Leads Alumna to Personal and Professional Success
March 29, 2021
When looking to pursue her masters in business for the pharmaceutical industry, Jordyn Steinheiser MBA'19 was interested in USciences' reputation of excellence in the field of pharmaceuticals.
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- In Nigeria, MBA Student Learns Global Impact of Healthcare
November 05, 2019
Ashwin Mathew MBA'20 was selected to participate in the six-month volunteer opportunity with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Nigeria, where he has received a fresh perspective on the challenges of improving healthcare in extremely rural settings.
Griffith Hall, Room 130
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
888-996-8747 or 215-596-8810