In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Student News and Profiles
- The Elixir: A History
March 25, 2021
Angela Ung BC'11 and former Elixir historian shares a brief history of the publication that has played such a significant role at USciences for over 50 years.
- Pharmacy Students Receive Immunization Training for Join Front Lines of Pandemic Relief
March 17, 2021
Students in their second professional year of the PharmD program at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy participated in a mass immunization training session.
- Cohort of Physician Assistant Students Finds Success in Virtual Labs, Classrooms
March 15, 2021
While some programs at USciences had to undergo extensive adaptations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Samson College's Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PA) welcomed students to campus one day per week for in-person lab work.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- SEA-PHAGES, SEA-GENES Courses Help Students Make Discoveries
March 12, 2021
USciences is one of 198 schools worldwide that are part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) Science Education Alliance- Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science (SEA-PHAGES) program.
- Microbiology CURE Lab Gives Undergrads Real Research Experience
March 09, 2021
Through a series of Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), USciences students are able to get hands-on, in the lab research experience beginning in their first year.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Cultural Connections Beyond the Classroom
February 04, 2021
USciences has a number of different clubs and organizations on campus, each one helping to make up a vibrant student body.
- USciences Holds Virtual MLK Day of Service
January 21, 2021
While this year's event was not able to include the usual in-person acts of service that have happened in years past, the day was still filled with a series of virtual service and learning sessions.
- Environmental Science Student Shares About his Hands-On Learning Experience
January 20, 2021
USciences Environmental Sciences student Perry Giambuzzi ES'20, gained hands-on experience spent the summer working at the Morton Arboretum in Lislie, IL.
- USciences Alumni, Students Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
January 15, 2021
USciences alumni, students working on the front lines in healthcare institutions were among some of the first to be vaccinated for COVID-19. For many, the vaccine is a sign of hope for the future and a symbol of the importance of science and healthcare.
- Students Learn First Hand About Substance Use Disorder in Virtual Panel Discussion
December 21, 2020
About 40 students and faculty attended a virtual panel discussion which featured two recent USciences graduates sharing their stories of dealing with and overcoming substance use disorder.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences' Hepatitis C Effort
December 04, 2020
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.
- USciences Honors Past Community Landmark with Rebirth of Mural
November 11, 2020
The Alexander Wilson Elementary School had been a landmark in its West Philadelphia community for decades. USciences acquired the space at 46th and Woodland Avenue, and the University wanted to honor the elementary school's legacy.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- What it's Really Like to Transfer to USciences
October 23, 2020
Learn about USciences' programs, how to transfer credits, financial aid, and more from a transfer student.
- Psychology Course Examines Empathy For the Atypical Experience
October 16, 2020
The course examines lived experiences that do not fit our usual image of a "typical" life: people born deaf, child prodigies, criminals, or little people, to name a few.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Awarded PPA's Public Awareness and Communication Award
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences, with the Public Awareness and Communication Award during PPA's First-Ever Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.