In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Student News and Profiles
- Pharmacy Students Win Script Your Future National Award
July 09, 2020
USciences Pharmacy students were awarded the National Award in the Annual Medication Adherence Team Challenge.
- Pre-Health Alumni Speak to Students about Life after USciences
June 10, 2020
Alumni of USciences' Pre-Health Program shared their experiences with current students during a virtual alumni event on May 8, 2020, giving advice about applying to graduate school, the transition into their graduate programs, and the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Occupational Therapy Graduate Solidifies her Passion for Helping Others at USciences
May 26, 2020
During her time at USciences, Bridget Houghton DrOT'20 has been able to apply what she learned in the classroom to real-life situations in her field.
- USciences PharmD Graduate Carries on 130-Year-Old Legacy
May 21, 2020
Eric Miekley PharmD'20 graduates from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy this spring, but his connection to the college goes back much longer than those of his classmates.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Michael Fox PharmD'20 Found Career During Clinical Experience
May 20, 2020
When deciding on a college, Michael Fox PharmD'20 knew he wanted to pursue a degree in pharmacy after seeing his dad, a pharmaceutical sales representative, working with healthcare providers.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- USciences Physics Students and Alumni Inducted into Sigma Pi Sigma Honor Society
May 07, 2020
Five undergraduate students and four USciences alumni were inducted into the Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society during a virtual ceremony.The event featured a number of guest speakers, including atomic physicist and 1997 Nobel Prize in Physics winner Dr. William Phillips.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Students get Help from Alumni Donors
May 04, 2020
Many students were beginning rotations and internships just as the COVID-19 pandemic called for national stay-at-home orders and led to restrictions for many healthcare facilities. Marques Williams PharmD'20 is one of them.
- USciences Emergency Fund Provides Support to Student Needs During COVID-19
May 01, 2020
As the academic year winds down, Student Affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- USciences Student and Alumni Helping Community Together
April 29, 2020
USciences student Paul Fimognari PharmD'20 is on rotation at the Compounding Pharmacist in West Chester, PA learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. The Compounding Pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in Pennsylvania and is operated by alumni Kevin Hennessey PharmD'08 and Mark Pimley P'84.
- Campus Recreation Offers USciences Students, Faculty, and Staff Opportunity to Stay Active with Zoom Workouts
April 16, 2020
With the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) closed along with nearly every gym across the region, the opportunity for University of the Sciences students, faculty and staff to work out in a controlled setting, while balancing the workload of the semester, has never been more limited.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.
- Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 Credits USciences With Preparing Him For Medical School
April 10, 2020
Abhinav Illendula, BMS'20, credits his experiences at USciences for preparing him to apply for medical school. The biomedical sciences program at USciences provided Illendula with the curriculum and knowledge he needed to pass the MCAT and apply for medical school.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An impressive undergraduate researcher who already earned a number of publications to his name, Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 was presented the 2020 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.