In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Student News and Profiles
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An impressive undergraduate researcher who already earned a number of publications to his name, Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 was presented the 2020 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- Lab Studies Nonverbal Communication Skills in Autistic Children
December 20, 2019
It's known that children with autism often have difficulties with communication and there are interventions to help with speech and language, but where the research is lacking is in how to improve nonverbal communication skills, according to Ashley de Marchena, PhD, assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience, and director of the UScience's "InterAction Lab".
- New Study: USciences Offers Excellent Return on Investment
December 20, 2019
University of the Sciences alumni have a proven record of graduating on time, finding jobs in their fields, and earning top dollar in their careers. Now, a study from Georgetown University has found that USciences is proven to be an excellent long-term investment.
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Representatives Meet USciences Scholarship Recipients
December 19, 2019
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust provides funding for undergraduate students scholarships amounting to $71,000 in aid to support 17 undergraduate students.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
- Biochemistry Lab Studies RNA to Help Further Drug Development
December 13, 2019
Knowing it would give him an advantage, Gregory Boymel BC'23 decided to use the summer before starting at USciences to get hands-on experience in a lab. As a biochemistry major, he thought working alongside Nathan Baird PhD, interim chair and associate professor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry would be a perfect fit.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Students Present Research Posters
December 03, 2019
Students from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences shared their scholarship during a Mini Research Day hosted by the department on November 21, 2019.
- Students Awarded for Research at SEA-PHAGES Poster Competition
December 03, 2019
First-year students in USciences' SEA-PHAGES program, a research course for students interested in biology, participated in a poster competition with other local students at the 3rd Annual Philly Phage Phestival on November 16, 2019.
- USciences Donates More than 600 Thanksgiving Meals to Families in Need
November 27, 2019
The USciences community donated Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of families in West Philadelphia during the eighth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive on November 25.
- Lab Grows Three-Dimensional Tumors to Detect Biomarkers in Cancer Patients
November 22, 2019
As a doctor of pharmacy student, Megan Shuminski PharmD'21 knows having experience in a cancer cell culture lab isn't common, but thinks her experience working delving into the science behind clinical treatments will give her a unique understanding when treating future patients.
- Pharmacy Students Earn First Place in Clinical Jeopardy
November 19, 2019
A team of student pharmacists representing Philadelphia College of Pharmacy won the pharmacy student Clinical Jeopardy game at the Pennsylvania Society of Health-System Pharmacists Annual Assembly on October 29, 2019.
- USciences Hosts Data Science Roundtable on Campus
November 19, 2019
USciences hosted a dozen professionals working in the field of data science on campus on November 7, 2019, as part of a series of events with students, faculty, and staff.
- USciences Hosts Workout to Educate about Benefits of Exercise to Fight Cancer
November 15, 2019
USciences students, faculty, and staff participated in a workout class with a message on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- Microbiology Lab Awarded Nearly $500,000 to Study Plant Pathogens
November 11, 2019
The act of brushing your teeth is a way to get rid of biofilms, a collection of microorganisms that grow on the tooth's surface containing bacteria that lead to tooth decay. Teeth aren't the only surface where potentially harmful biofilms grow, and Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, runs a lab looking at the cell biology of bacteria and how organisms form biofilms.
- In Nigeria, MBA Student Learns Global Impact of Healthcare
November 05, 2019
Ashwin Mathew MBA'20 was selected to participate in the six-month volunteer opportunity with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Nigeria, where he has received a fresh perspective on the challenges of improving healthcare in extremely rural settings.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.