In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- High School Physics Research Camp
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Summer Institute of Movement Science
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Staff and Faculty News
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.
- Downs Dedicates His Career to Educating About Substance Use Disorder
May 19, 2021
A well-respected professor of clinical pharmacy with more than 48 years at University of the Sciences, George E. Downs PharmD'72 has dedicated his career to educating student pharmacists about the prevention of substance abuse and the role of a pharmacist in helping those with substance use disorders (SUD).
- A Voice for Change: 50 Years of the Black Student Union at USciences
May 17, 2021
In 1971, a handful of students who sought to offer a voice for Black students on campus came together to found the precursor to the Black Student Union, the first student group of its kind at what was then Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science.
- Gender Race and Justice Course Focuses on Social Injustice
May 04, 2021
A new course offered in Misher College of Arts and Sciences beginning in the Fall of 2020 focuses on inequalities of race, class, and gender and highlights how these inequalities intersect with our system of justice.
- Elkanah Linder PharmD'21 Lands Fulbright Scholarship to Continue Research in Sweden
April 22, 2021
For Elkanah Linder PharmD'21, earning the prestigious Fulbright Foreign Scholarship is more than just a chance to conduct research abroad, but allows her to continue to investigate an issue to which she intends to dedicate her career.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Mechanism, Efficacy, and Safety
April 09, 2021
USciences faculty experts are breaking down the COVID-19 vaccine, sharing more behind the science of mRNA, mechanism, efficacy and safety.
- Cohort of Physician Assistant Students Finds Success in Virtual Labs, Classrooms
March 15, 2021
While some programs at USciences had to undergo extensive adaptations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Samson College's Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PA) welcomed students to campus one day per week for in-person lab work.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
February 05, 2021
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
- Healthcare Disparities in the Days of COVID-19
February 05, 2021
In recent months, with the onslaught of demands for healthcare and closure of the economy, COVID-19 has revealed the depth of these gaps when comparing racial groups.
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Roberts, MOT'10, OTD
February 04, 2021
Get to know more about Nicole Roberts MOT'10, OTD, a new member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, who is Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy and Coordinator of Academic Fieldwork at USciences.
- USciences Holds Virtual MLK Day of Service
January 21, 2021
While this year's event was not able to include the usual in-person acts of service that have happened in years past, the day was still filled with a series of virtual service and learning sessions.
- Connelly Foundation Grant Funds Partnership Between USciences and St. Francis de Sales
January 14, 2021
USciences has received a $25,000 grant from the Connelly Foundation to support a new partnership aimed at engaging local catholic school students in science.
- Professor Receives WW Smith Charitable Fund Award for the Second Time
January 12, 2021
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry Zhihong Wang, PhD, has been awarded over $122,000 from the WW Smith Charitable Trust to fund her project entitled "Development of Novel Allosteric Inhibitors Targeting the MAPK Signaling Pathway in Lung Cancer".
- Board of Trustees Appoints New Roth Chair
January 12, 2021
University of the Sciences' Board of Trustees unanimously appointed Associate Professor of biology Bela Peethambaran, PhD, as the Abraham and Edythe Roth Chair in Pharmacognosy/Natural Products.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences' Hepatitis C Effort
December 04, 2020
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Celebrating the Bicentennial Edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
November 25, 2020
The 23rd edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy was published in November by USciences own Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) faculty.