In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Staff and Faculty News
- Bright Spots: USciences Professor Shares Her Experience Teaching During COVID-19
May 07, 2020
After the COVID-19 pandemic launched students and faculty into virtual classrooms, one USciences professor learned how distance can forge deeper connections.
- USciences Professor Michael Robert Discusses Projection Models Amidst COVID-19
May 07, 2020
Michael Robert PhD, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, is featured on KYW Newsradio's In Depth: Coronavirus Podcast to discuss projection models in relation to COVID-19.
- USciences Emergency Fund Provides Support to Student Needs During COVID-19
May 01, 2020
As the academic year winds down, Student Affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Psychology of Coronavirus
April 30, 2020
Alysson Light, PhD, assistant professor of psychology at USciences, discusses the psychology of Coronavirus.
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- Campus Recreation Offers USciences Students, Faculty, and Staff Opportunity to Stay Active with Zoom Workouts
April 16, 2020
With the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) closed along with nearly every gym across the region, the opportunity for University of the Sciences students, faculty and staff to work out in a controlled setting, while balancing the workload of the semester, has never been more limited.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- USciences Donates More than 60,000 Pieces of Personal Protective Equipment
April 06, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences faculty and staff have collected personal protective equipment (PPE) from across campus to donate to healthcare institutions in Philadelphia.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- Mark Bullock, Kaitlyn Martin Honored with Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
Mark Bullock, associate dean of students at University of the Sciences, and Kaitlyn Martin, program coordinator for student accommodations, were awarded the fourth annual Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit on Feb. 13, 2020.
- Anil D'Mello Honored with Faculty Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
University of the Sciences presented the 2020 Faculty Award of Merit to Anil D'Mello, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- Faculty Commentary: How The Political Primary Season Creates Psychological Tribes
March 03, 2020
I have a confession: I'm a political junkie who HATES primary season. I've been involved in political activism since before I could vote. I have a productivity blocker set to keep me off Politico during work. I have political convictions and opinions, and I love to talk about them, but something about primary season makes my skin crawl.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Biomedical Writing Professor Authors Book on Pharmaceutical Labeling
January 31, 2020
Cathleen O'Connell, RPh, MS, PhD, assistant professor in the Biomedical Writing Programs, recently published the first book on pharmaceutical labeling entitled "Essentials of Healthcare Product Labeling" published by the Regulatory Affairs Professional Society.
- USciences Professor Interviewed About Novel Coronavirus
January 30, 2020
Speaking about the impact of a novel Coronavirus, how it spreads, and what the risks are for those in the U.S., Zachary Klase PhD, associate professor of biological scientists and a virologist by training, spoke to several media outlets about the new, viral threat.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- Lab Studies Nonverbal Communication Skills in Autistic Children
December 20, 2019
It's known that children with autism often have difficulties with communication and there are interventions to help with speech and language, but where the research is lacking is in how to improve nonverbal communication skills, according to Ashley de Marchena, PhD, assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience, and director of the UScience's "InterAction Lab".
- USciences Awarded $4.9 Million in Research Grants in 2019
December 19, 2019
USciences faculty researchers and students were supported by $4.9 million in grant funding awarded to the University in 2019. The additional dollars support ongoing investigations in each of the University's three colleges as well as student involvement in those projects.