In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Staff and Faculty News
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
- USciences Faculty Supports Autistic Community At COVID Vaccine Clinic
December 15, 2021
Ashley de Marchena, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, and Director of USciences' InterAction Lab, volunteered at a special COVID-19 vaccine clinic on December 11, 2021 at the Academy of Natural Sciences for people with sensory issues.
- Samson College Alumni Share Thoughts on Workplace Diversity
December 13, 2021
A panel of alumni from Samson College gathered at a roundtable event "Yield Ahead: Merging into the Workforce" hosted by the Samson College Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee on November 30, 2021.
- Appeal for a Meal: USciences donates 350 Thanksgiving Meals
November 24, 2021
USciences faculty, staff, and students filled more than 350 reusable shopping bags to the top with the fixings for a flavorful Thanksgiving meal.
- Chemistry Lab Receives Over $1 Million Grant for Cancer Protein Research
November 03, 2021
The lab of Zhihong Wang, PhD, associate professor of chemistry and biochemistry, has received a $1.1 million grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH)
- Meet USciences Campus Dietician Andrea Hersh
October 21, 2021
As a registered dietician, Andrea Hersh, RDN, LDN, is dedicated to helping people make healthy food choices so they can feel their best.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- Psychedelic Compounds are Focus of USciences Lab
October 18, 2021
For Jason Wallach, PhD, assistant professor of pharmaceutical sciences at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, his desire to learn about psychedelic substances began long before his research career.
- Elizabeth Harris Named 2021 PPA Preceptor of the Year
October 15, 2021
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, BCACP with the PPA Preceptor of the Year Award.
- Q&A with Health Administration Faculty for USciences Online
October 04, 2021
Natasha Webster PhD, MSHSA, MHA, CAGS, faculty in USciences Online's Health Administration program applies her experience and love for teaching.
- USciences Professor of Virology Talks About Flu Season Safety
September 30, 2021
As flu season approaches, Assistant Professor of Biology Taisuke Izumi, PhD, shared more about the flu, who is at risk, and why it's important to get the annual flu vaccine.
- Faculty and Alum Have Medical Marijuana Study Published
September 21, 2021
The results of a study conducted by USciences faculty examining patients using medical marijuana was recently published in the journal Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids.
- High School Student gets Experience Researching Cell Movement in Biological Sciences Lab
September 10, 2021
In the lab of Chris Janetopoulos, PhD, associate professor of biological sciences, high school students work alongside undergraduates to study how cells move.
- USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
August 24, 2021
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences' three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
- New Book by Physics Professor Explores the Big Bang Debate
August 12, 2021
Paul Halpern, PhD has recently published a new book titled Flashes of Creation: George Gamow, Fred Hoyle, and the Great Big Bang Debate.
- Middle School Students Experiment with STEM During USciences Camp
August 12, 2021
Seventh and Eighth grade students from St. Francis de Sales School in West Philadelphia participated in a two-week long STEM camp.
- Q&A With USciences Online Health Administration Faculty
August 12, 2021
With more than 20 years' experience in corporate healthcare environments, Susan Aloi, PhD, shares her expertise with students in USciences Online's Health Administration program.
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.