In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Staff and Faculty News
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- Psychology Course Examines Empathy For the Atypical Experience
October 16, 2020
The course examines lived experiences that do not fit our usual image of a "typical" life: people born deaf, child prodigies, criminals, or little people, to name a few.
- Pharmacy Faculty and Alumni Honored by Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association recently presented awards to Richard Ost P'82; Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH; and Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, at a Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- USciences Students, Snider Hockey Alumnae Discuss STEM Education
September 09, 2020
USciences’ Center for Undergraduate Research and Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the Franklin Institute and The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation have been holding a series of virtual STEM talks and activities that are part of “Sparking STEM Explorations and Connections.”
- USciences Faculty Prepare for Hybrid Teaching with Online Course
September 09, 2020
As faculty prepare for another semester with many teaching in virtual classrooms, several prepared by taking part in their own online course over the summer.
- Pharmacy Students Find Success Despite Adjusting to Virtual Learning
August 24, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) rapidly caused changes and shutdowns across the country, USciences students and faculty had to adapt quickly to a virtual educational experience. In the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, courses and certificate programs were made virtual and still showed student successes.
- PCP Faculty Team Up to Help Students Complete Practice Experiences Amidst COVID Shutdowns
August 24, 2020
Professors from USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy came together to create an interactive virtual experiential course for students who had their IPPEs interrupted.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Christina Hopkins Psy'14 Returns to Alma Mater as Adjunct Professor
August 17, 2020
University of the Sciences equipped Christina Hopkins Psy'14 with all the tools necessary to move on and be successful in graduate school; now she hopes to do the same for current and future USciences students.
- USciences Class Tackles Power, Democracy, and Oppression in the U.S.
August 13, 2020
Power Democracy and Oppression (MD 213) is offered to provide students a space to learn about the experiences of diverse populations so that they might become global citizens.
- USciences Online Launches Medical Cannabis Certificate Programs
August 12, 2020
As the medical cannabis industry continues to grow, USciences has launched three new certificate programs to help those interested in entering the industry. The programs include an undergraduate certificate in Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales and graduate certificates in The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry and Medical Cannabis for Health Professionals.
- Physics Professor Paul Halpern Releases New Book
August 04, 2020
Paul Halpern, PhD, Professor of Physics at USciences, has released his new book Synchronicity: The Epic Quest to Understand the Quantum Nature of Cause and Effect published by Basic Books.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
July 21, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Occupational Therapy Class Keeps Connection While Learning Virtually
July 13, 2020
As COVID-19 brought stay-at-home orders and the transition to virtual life began for many people, classes at USciences and everywhere had to be adapted. For Sarah Corcoran OTD, OTR/L, this meant bringing OT 105/405: Overview of Occupational Therapy (OT) Practice to life online.