In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Staff and Faculty News
- Physics Professor Paul Halpern Releases New Book
August 04, 2020
Paul Halpern, PhD, Professor of Physics at USciences, has released his new book Synchronicity: The Epic Quest to Understand the Quantum Nature of Cause and Effect published by Basic Books.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
July 21, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Occupational Therapy Class Keeps Connection While Learning Virtually
July 13, 2020
As COVID-19 brought stay-at-home orders and the transition to virtual life began for many people, classes at USciences and everywhere had to be adapted. For Sarah Corcoran OTD, OTR/L, this meant bringing OT 105/405: Overview of Occupational Therapy (OT) Practice to life online.
- USciences Faculty Author Textbook 'Effective Scientific Communication'
July 09, 2020
Cristina Hanganu-Bresch, PhD, assistant director of Writing Programs and professor of writing and rhetoric, and Kelleen Flaherty, former assistant professor of Biomedical Writing at USciences, authored a textbook "Effective Scientific Communication: The Other Half of Science."
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Professor Amy Janke Accepted into College of Physicians
June 17, 2020
Amy Janke, PhD, associate professor of psychology, has been accepted as a Fellow into the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
- USciences Celebrates Employee Service in Virtual Ceremony
June 16, 2020
While the annual employee recognition reception looked different from previous years, the purpose remained the same- to honor those who have served the USciences campus community.
- Patricia Ingerick Joins USciences Online as Director of Academics
June 16, 2020
Patricia Ingerick, MBA, MSHS, D.Ed. joined USciences in February as the Director of Academics within the USciences Online team.
- Professor Publishes Research of the Impact of Occupational Therapists During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Wendy Walsh PhD, OTR/L, in collaboration with Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, of West Virignia University's School of Medicine, have been published by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Dr. Roberto Ramos Featured on WHYY Science Podcast
June 10, 2020
Roberto Ramos PhD, associate professor of physics, was featured on WHYY's weekly health and science podcast, The Pulse.
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Bright Spots: USciences Professor Shares Her Experience Teaching During COVID-19
May 07, 2020
After the COVID-19 pandemic launched students and faculty into virtual classrooms, one USciences professor learned how distance can forge deeper connections.
- USciences Professor Michael Robert Discusses Projection Models Amidst COVID-19
May 07, 2020
Michael Robert PhD, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, is featured on KYW Newsradio's In Depth: Coronavirus Podcast to discuss projection models in relation to COVID-19.
- USciences Emergency Fund Provides Support to Student Needs During COVID-19
May 01, 2020
As the academic year winds down, Student Affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Psychology of Coronavirus
April 30, 2020
Alysson Light, PhD, assistant professor of psychology at USciences, discusses the psychology of Coronavirus.
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.