In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- High School Physics Research Camp
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Summer Institute of Movement Science
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Samson College News
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author to be Honored at USciences Founders' Day
January 13, 2022
At its annual Founders' Day celebration on February 17, 2022, USciences will honor Sheri Fink MD, PhD, who will also give the keynote address.
- Samson College Alumni Share Thoughts on Workplace Diversity
December 13, 2021
A panel of alumni from Samson College gathered at a roundtable event "Yield Ahead: Merging into the Workforce" hosted by the Samson College Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee on November 30, 2021.
- Alumni Publishes Research in Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
December 09, 2021
assistant Ross Fargnoli DPT'15, co-authored an article in the prestigious Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Alumna Brings Adaptive Sports Knowledge to PT Students
December 03, 2021
Adaptive sports has taken Judy Morrison MPT'93 around the world as she's helped athletes with disabilities on some of the world's biggest stages.
- Study: 72% of USciences Alumni Say Their Work Makes the World a Better Place
November 29, 2021
A recent study published by PayScale and featured in The Philadelphia Business Journal reports that 72% of USciences alumni feel that their work makes the world a better place.
- 2021 Alpha Chi National Honor Society Induction
November 12, 2021
New members were inducted into the Pennsylvania Kappa chapter of the National Alpha Chi Honor Society on November 9, 2021.
- 20 New Members Inducted into OT Honor Society
November 11, 2021
20 new members were inducted into Phi Theta Epsilon's (PTE) Delta Iota chapter at USciences during a ceremony held on November 9, 2021.
- USciences Curriculum Prepares Students to be Tomorrow's Leaders
October 18, 2021
Many USciences graduates remark that they feel better prepared and uniquely positioned to succeed in their careers from the beginning. This can be traced back to the exceptional quality of a USciences education and the way that its curriculum and programs continually innovate and evolve.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- First-Generation Students Find Support, Success at USciences
October 12, 2021
Approximately a third of USciences undergraduate students are the first in their families to attend college.
- USciences Hosts Bicentennial Community Block Party
October 05, 2021
USciences hosted a free Bicentennial Block Party as part of the University's Bicentennial celebration on October 2, 2021.
- Student Pursues Passion for Physician Assistant Career at USciences
October 05, 2021
After pausing her college career in 2013 due to financial hardship, Brooklynn Boulware MSPAS'22 discovered her passion for medicine and the Physician Assistant profession.
- 21st Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Explores Rehab for COVID Survivors
September 28, 2021
Over 200 faculty, staff, students, alumni, and clinicians attended the 21st Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture on September 23, 2021.
- USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
August 24, 2021
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences' three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
- DPT Students Officially Transition to Professional Years in Induction Ceremony
August 19, 2021
64 students in USciences' Doctor of Physical Therapy program have officially transitioned into the professional phase of the program in a ceremony held on August 9, 2021.
- Newsweek Ranks USciences as Top PA College to get 'Most Bang for Your Buck'
July 27, 2021
As students and their families examine the true value of a college education, Newsweek has recently ranked the top colleges and universities with the best return on investment. USciences was ranked number one in Pennsylvania for value.
- USciences President Paul Katz Announces Retirement
June 21, 2021
University of the Sciences President Paul Katz, MD, has announced he will retire. Dr. Katz began his tenure as the historic University's 25th president in 2016 and has made countless contributions to the USciences family.
- USciences Honors The Bicentennial Class at 200th Commencement Ceremony
May 26, 2021
More than 400 students were honored at USciences Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony, held virtually on May 26, 2021.
- Casey McCarthy DPT'21 Finds Lifelong Passion and Connections in Physical Therapy Program
May 25, 2021
Attending USciences' Physical Therapy program, Casey McCarthy DPT'21 found a challenge and a passion thanks to the inspiring faculty, their coursework, and rich fieldwork experiences.
- Students Honored at 9th Annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
May 21, 2021
Nearly 136 students were honored at the 9th annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony, held virtually on Friday, May 21, 2021.