In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Samson College News
- USciences President Paul Katz Announces Retirement
June 21, 2021
University of the Sciences President Paul Katz, MD, has announced he will retire. Dr. Katz began his tenure as the historic University's 25th president in 2016 and has made countless contributions to the USciences family.
- USciences Honors The Bicentennial Class at 200th Commencement Ceremony
May 26, 2021
More than 400 students were honored at USciences Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony, held virtually on May 26, 2021.
- Casey McCarthy DPT'21 Finds Lifelong Passion and Connections in Physical Therapy Program
May 25, 2021
Attending USciences' Physical Therapy program, Casey McCarthy DPT'21 found a challenge and a passion thanks to the inspiring faculty, their coursework, and rich fieldwork experiences.
- Students Honored at 9th Annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
May 21, 2021
Nearly 136 students were honored at the 9th annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony, held virtually on Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Alumni Spotlight: Brianna Ligotski DPT'18
May 17, 2021
A physical therapist, Dr. Ligotski works at Kaiser Permanente outpatient medical center in Stockton, CA, and recently earned specialty board certification in neurological physical therapy.
- Students Present COVID Research at 18th Annual Research Day
April 26, 2021
In a mix of pre-recorded and virtual live presentations, students from across the University showcased their work on a variety of topics, including COVID-19.
- OT Alumna Pursues Passions in Geriatric, Non-Traditional Care
April 19, 2021
When looking to pursue her degree in Occupational Therapy (OT), USciences caught the attention of alumna Christine Repp, OTR/L, HS'00, MOT'00.
- James M. Hoffman to Speak at Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
April 15, 2021
James M. Hoffman, P'00, PharmD'01, will address the graduates at the 9th Annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony on Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Cohort of Physician Assistant Students Finds Success in Virtual Labs, Classrooms
March 15, 2021
While some programs at USciences had to undergo extensive adaptations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Samson College's Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PA) welcomed students to campus one day per week for in-person lab work.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.
- Physician, Astronaut Bernard Harris to Address Graduates at Bicentennial Commencement
February 22, 2021
Bernard A. Harris, Jr., MD, a physician and astronaut, has been selected to address the Class of 2021 at the 200th Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier to be Honored at Founders' Day
February 16, 2021
Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Merck & Co., has been selected as the Bicentennial Founders’ Day keynote speaker.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
February 05, 2021
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
- Alumni Spotlight: Nicole Roberts, MOT'10, OTD
February 04, 2021
Get to know more about Nicole Roberts MOT'10, OTD, a new member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, who is Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy and Coordinator of Academic Fieldwork at USciences.
- Alumnae Find Support System for 'Mompreneurs'
February 03, 2021
Carrie Pagliano MPT'99, founder of Carrie Pagliano Physical Therapy in Arlington, Va., and Lauren (Smith) Sok MPT'00, founder of Functionize Health & Physical Therapy in Decatur, Ga., have always had each other to lean on. They wanted fellow "mompreneurs" to have that same support system.
- Virtual Anatomy Tool Brings Hands-on Experience to Remote Learning
December 09, 2020
In Fall 2020, the college's Physician Assistant Program began using the Sectra Table virtual interactive anatomy platform from Touch of Life Technologies (TolTech) in Human Anatomy courses twice a week.
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- Keith Creagh DPT'10 Helped Patients Recovering from COVID-19 in New Jersey
September 24, 2020
When coronavirus (COVID-19) began to impact New Jersey in March, Keith Creagh DPT'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.