In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Samson College News
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- Keith Creagh DPT'10 Helped Patients Recovering from COVID-19 in New Jersey
September 24, 2020
When coronavirus (COVID-19) began to impact New Jersey in March, Keith Creagh DPT'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
July 21, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- Sinclair Smith Named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences
July 21, 2020
Sinclair Smith, ScD, has been named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences beginning September 1, 2020.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Occupational Therapy Class Keeps Connection While Learning Virtually
July 13, 2020
As COVID-19 brought stay-at-home orders and the transition to virtual life began for many people, classes at USciences and everywhere had to be adapted. For Sarah Corcoran OTD, OTR/L, this meant bringing OT 105/405: Overview of Occupational Therapy (OT) Practice to life online.
- USciences' Physician Assistant Program Achieves Accreditation from ARC-PA
June 15, 2020
University of the Sciences has received notification from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant that the University's Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program has been granted provisional accreditation and may begin enrolling students.
- Professor Publishes Research of the Impact of Occupational Therapists During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Wendy Walsh PhD, OTR/L, in collaboration with Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, of West Virignia University's School of Medicine, have been published by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- USciences' DPT Clinical Experience Helps Alumnus Discover his Specialty
June 02, 2020
When Anthony Martin DPT'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in Philadelphia and New York City. Originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
- Occupational Therapy Graduate Solidifies her Passion for Helping Others at USciences
May 26, 2020
During her time at USciences, Bridget Houghton DrOT'20 has been able to apply what she learned in the classroom to real-life situations in her field.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Dr. Jill M. Baren Named Provost at University of the Sciences
May 15, 2020
Jill M. Baren, MD, has been named provost and vice president of academic affairs at University of the Sciences, University President Paul Katz, MD, announced today. Dr. Baren is a national leader in academic medicine, healthcare, and higher education.
- Physical Therapy Grad Finds Outlet for Interest in Oncology
May 12, 2020
Rachel Henrysen DPT'20 was among the group of individuals to attend an oncology interest meeting headed by Steve Wechsler, Secretary for the APTA Association Oncology Board of Directors.
- In the Midst of COVID-19, USciences President Helps Future Healthcare Providers See Their Value
May 01, 2020
USciences President Paul Katz, MD was inspired by his father, a physician, to pursue medicine as a profession. Throughout his career, he has been committed to helping students follow their passion into healthcare and science careers.
- Occupational Therapy Alum Continues to Help Kids During COVID-19
April 21, 2020
Daniel Dubinsky MOT'13 is a pediatric Occupational Therapist working at various schools in New York and New Jersey with kids in all age groups from preschool through high school. He also provides telehealth to a virtual school in California. His passion for helping students extends beyond the online classroom and during Coronavirus (COVID-19) has inspired him to find a creative solution to connect with students and parents through YouTube.
- Physical Therapy Alumna Transitions Care to Telehealth During COVID-19 Pandemic
April 14, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare workers around the world are on the front lines tasked with protecting the health and safety of their communities. Alumna Brie Ligotski, DPT'18, is among them.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.