In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Samson College News
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- Students Get Hands-On Experience in New Pediatric Occupational Therapy Lab
January 13, 2020
This fall, USciences' Department of Occupational Therapy opened the first pediatric occupational therapy laboratory on campus.
- USciences Awarded $4.9 Million in Research Grants in 2019
December 19, 2019
USciences faculty researchers and students were supported by $4.9 million in grant funding awarded to the University in 2019. The additional dollars support ongoing investigations in each of the University's three colleges as well as student involvement in those projects.
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Representatives Meet USciences Scholarship Recipients
December 19, 2019
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust provides funding for undergraduate students scholarships amounting to $71,000 in aid to support 17 undergraduate students.
- For DrOT Alumna, USciences Provided an Accelerated Program and a Fulfilling Campus Experience
December 03, 2019
Pooja Patel DrOT'17 found that USciences offered an accelerated degree program and a well-rounded education.
- The all-natural pain killer: Is CBD the future of OTC pain management?
November 19, 2019
Studies have shown recently that CBD can offer the same pain relief as traditional over the counter pain medications but without the adverse effects to the body's natural recovery process or harmful side effects.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.
- Alumnae Share 5 Tips for Starting Your Own Clinical Practice
October 21, 2019
Janki Patel MOT'12 and Brittany Smith MOT'12 share their advice for others looking to open an independent clinical practice, just as they did with Jump Ahead Pediatrics.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 17, 2019
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.
- Physical Therapy Students Volunteer at Multiple Sclerosis Ride
October 01, 2019
Four students in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program volunteered to help treat and triage patients during the Bike MS: City to Shore Ride on September 21-22, 2019.
- Attendees Learn About Pain Management at 2019 Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
September 27, 2019
Joseph M. Donnelly, PT, DHS, OCS, clinical professor and director of post-professional programs at Mercer University, spoke about the neuroscience of pain and the management and application of individuals with neurologic impairment at the 19th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture on September 26, 2019 held on campus in the Science and Technology Center.
- Students Apply Healthcare Skills as Counselors at MDA Summer Camp
September 25, 2019
For one week each summer, children with muscular dystrophy are encouraged to have fun away from their parents and caretakers and experience new opportunities at the Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp. People like Jenna Kwiecinski BMS'20, HumSci'20, make it possible by volunteering their time to make sure the camp runs smoothly and safely.
- PT Professor Helps Write Guidelines on Treating Runner's Knee
September 24, 2019
After seven years of collaborative efforts, a new guideline to help treat runner's knee, an issue that impacts one in four individuals, has been published with a USciences physical therapy professor serving as co-author.
- Alumni Relations Launches A Day in the Life: Alumni Speaker Series for Students
September 16, 2019
The Office of Alumni Relations launched its "A Day in the Life Series" - a new program featuring several roundtable discussions for students featuring USciences alumni across different sectors of health, science, and business.
- Physical Therapy Students Trade White Coats for Wetsuits at Adaptive Surfing Event
August 20, 2019
As a way to show other physical therapy students a fun opportunity to interact with patients outside of the clinic, Christopher Grimes DPT'21 invited his classmates to volunteer at Life Rolls On's They Will Surf Again event as part of the 2019 Get On Board Tour.