In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Samson College News
- USciences' Physician Assistant Program Achieves Accreditation from ARC-PA
June 15, 2020
University of the Sciences has received notification from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant that the University's Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program has been granted provisional accreditation and may begin enrolling students.
- Professor Publishes Research of the Impact of Occupational Therapists During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Wendy Walsh PhD, OTR/L, in collaboration with Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, of West Virignia University's School of Medicine, have been published by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- USciences' DPT Clinical Experience Helps Alumnus Discover his Specialty
June 02, 2020
When Anthony Martin DPT'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in Philadelphia and New York City. Originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
- Occupational Therapy Graduate Solidifies her Passion for Helping Others at USciences
May 26, 2020
During her time at USciences, Bridget Houghton DrOT'20 has been able to apply what she learned in the classroom to real-life situations in her field.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Dr. Jill M. Baren Named Provost at University of the Sciences
May 15, 2020
Jill M. Baren, MD, has been named provost and vice president of academic affairs at University of the Sciences, University President Paul Katz, MD, announced today. Dr. Baren is a national leader in academic medicine, healthcare, and higher education.
- Physical Therapy Grad Finds Outlet for Interest in Oncology
May 12, 2020
Rachel Henrysen DPT'20 was among the group of individuals to attend an oncology interest meeting headed by Steve Wechsler, Secretary for the APTA Association Oncology Board of Directors.
- In the Midst of COVID-19, USciences President Helps Future Healthcare Providers See Their Value
May 01, 2020
USciences President Paul Katz, MD was inspired by his father, a physician, to pursue medicine as a profession. Throughout his career, he has been committed to helping students follow their passion into healthcare and science careers.
- Occupational Therapy Alum Continues to Help Kids During COVID-19
April 21, 2020
Daniel Dubinsky MOT'13 is a pediatric Occupational Therapist working at various schools in New York and New Jersey with kids in all age groups from preschool through high school. He also provides telehealth to a virtual school in California. His passion for helping students extends beyond the online classroom and during Coronavirus (COVID-19) has inspired him to find a creative solution to connect with students and parents through YouTube.
- Physical Therapy Alumna Transitions Care to Telehealth During COVID-19 Pandemic
April 14, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare workers around the world are on the front lines tasked with protecting the health and safety of their communities. Alumna Brie Ligotski, DPT'18, is among them.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- Students Get Hands-On Experience in New Pediatric Occupational Therapy Lab
January 13, 2020
This fall, USciences' Department of Occupational Therapy opened the first pediatric occupational therapy laboratory on campus.
- USciences Awarded $4.9 Million in Research Grants in 2019
December 19, 2019
USciences faculty researchers and students were supported by $4.9 million in grant funding awarded to the University in 2019. The additional dollars support ongoing investigations in each of the University's three colleges as well as student involvement in those projects.
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Representatives Meet USciences Scholarship Recipients
December 19, 2019
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust provides funding for undergraduate students scholarships amounting to $71,000 in aid to support 17 undergraduate students.
- For DrOT Alumna, USciences Provided an Accelerated Program and a Fulfilling Campus Experience
December 03, 2019
Pooja Patel DrOT'17 found that USciences offered an accelerated degree program and a well-rounded education.