In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- USciences Adds New Undergraduate Research Opportunities with SEA-GENES Program
February 03, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2020, USciences students will have access to a new course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE), SEA-GENES. This course will allow students to conduct experiments in order to determine the functions of viral genes.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- Lab Studies Nonverbal Communication Skills in Autistic Children
December 20, 2019
It's known that children with autism often have difficulties with communication and there are interventions to help with speech and language, but where the research is lacking is in how to improve nonverbal communication skills, according to Ashley de Marchena, PhD, assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience, and director of the UScience's "InterAction Lab".
- USciences Awarded $4.9 Million in Research Grants in 2019
December 19, 2019
USciences faculty researchers and students were supported by $4.9 million in grant funding awarded to the University in 2019. The additional dollars support ongoing investigations in each of the University's three colleges as well as student involvement in those projects.
- USciences Professor on International Research Team Finding New Data on Dengue
December 16, 2019
In a recent study published in Nature Scientific Data, an international team of interdisciplinary scientists found that in a ten-year period, there has been an increase in the transmission of Aedes-borne arboviruses in the city of Córdoba, Argentina. The team of researchers includes Michael Robert, PhD, assistant professor of applied mathematics in the Department of Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics at USciences.
- USciences' Brewing Science Program Awarded Grant To Develop Quality Testing Lab
December 16, 2019
Governor Tom Wolf announced that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) has approved $1.2 million in grants for 18 projects to increase the production of Pennsylvania-made malt and brewed beverages and enhance the Pennsylvania beer industry through promotion, marketing, and research-based programs and projects.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
- Biochemistry Lab Studies RNA to Help Further Drug Development
December 13, 2019
Knowing it would give him an advantage, Gregory Boymel BC'23 decided to use the summer before starting at USciences to get hands-on experience in a lab. As a biochemistry major, he thought working alongside Nathan Baird PhD, interim chair and associate professor in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry would be a perfect fit.
- University of the Sciences, Lallemand Brewing, and L2C Partners Announce GY7B Sour Beer Technology License Agreement
December 09, 2019
The GY7B technology allows Lallemand Brewing to further expand its portfolio of innovative and creative solutions for the brewing industry.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Students Present Research Posters
December 03, 2019
Students from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences shared their scholarship during a Mini Research Day hosted by the department on November 21, 2019.
- Lab Grows Three-Dimensional Tumors to Detect Biomarkers in Cancer Patients
November 22, 2019
As a doctor of pharmacy student, Megan Shuminski PharmD'21 knows having experience in a cancer cell culture lab isn't common, but thinks her experience working delving into the science behind clinical treatments will give her a unique understanding when treating future patients.
- Anthropology Professor Researches Gender and Health During Sabbatical in Oaxaca, Mexico
November 19, 2019
Michelle Ramirez PhD, MPH, associate professor of anthropology, recently took a sabbatical to further her research of gender, sexuality, and health in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- USciences PhD Graduate is Driven to Find Cure for HIV, Cancer
November 19, 2019
When asked about her career goals, Weam Elbezanti PhD'19 (cell and molecular biology) aims high. Originally from Libya, Dr. Elbezanti is continuing her research at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- USciences Hosts Workout to Educate about Benefits of Exercise to Fight Cancer
November 15, 2019
USciences students, faculty, and staff participated in a workout class with a message on Thursday, October 31, 2019.