In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.
- Julie Nguyen BC'21 Prepared for Success in Medical School, Cancer Research
May 26, 2021
A standout student and researcher who will soon author her first scholarly article, Julie Nguyen BC'21 plans to attend medical school following graduation to continue cancer research. Nguyen earned the distinction of valedictorian and addressed the Class of 2021 at the Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- At USciences, Conor Glass PHTX'21 Found Passion and Community
May 26, 2021
While Conor Glass PHTX'21 graduated from USciences with the Bicentennial Class in 2021, he is prepared to return to campus in short order to continue his education in the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Students Present COVID Research at 18th Annual Research Day
April 26, 2021
In a mix of pre-recorded and virtual live presentations, students from across the University showcased their work on a variety of topics, including COVID-19.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- SEA-PHAGES, SEA-GENES Courses Help Students Make Discoveries
March 12, 2021
USciences is one of 198 schools worldwide that are part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) Science Education Alliance- Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science (SEA-PHAGES) program.
- Microbiology CURE Lab Gives Undergrads Real Research Experience
March 09, 2021
Through a series of Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), USciences students are able to get hands-on, in the lab research experience beginning in their first year.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- USciences Adds New Undergraduate Research Opportunities with SEA-GENES Program
February 03, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2020, USciences students will have access to a new course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE), SEA-GENES. This course will allow students to conduct experiments in order to determine the functions of viral genes.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.