In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
- Students Shape Research Careers In Explorers and Scholars Program
November 09, 2021
. A novel program -- Explorers and Scholars -- allows students in the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy's Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences the funding to focus on research in a lab throughout the summer.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- Psychedelic Compounds are Focus of USciences Lab
October 18, 2021
For Jason Wallach, PhD, assistant professor of pharmaceutical sciences at USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, his desire to learn about psychedelic substances began long before his research career.
- High School Student gets Experience Researching Cell Movement in Biological Sciences Lab
September 10, 2021
In the lab of Chris Janetopoulos, PhD, associate professor of biological sciences, high school students work alongside undergraduates to study how cells move.
- USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
August 24, 2021
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences' three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
- Undergrads Spend Summer Studying Alzheimer's Disease
August 17, 2021
Two USciences students participated in the Alzheimer's Summer Internship program at the University of Pennsylvania's Penn Memory Center for black or African American students.
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.
- Julie Nguyen BC'21 Prepared for Success in Medical School, Cancer Research
May 26, 2021
A standout student and researcher who will soon author her first scholarly article, Julie Nguyen BC'21 plans to attend medical school following graduation to continue cancer research. Nguyen earned the distinction of valedictorian and addressed the Class of 2021 at the Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- At USciences, Conor Glass PHTX'21 Found Passion and Community
May 26, 2021
While Conor Glass PHTX'21 graduated from USciences with the Bicentennial Class in 2021, he is prepared to return to campus in short order to continue his education in the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Students Present COVID Research at 18th Annual Research Day
April 26, 2021
In a mix of pre-recorded and virtual live presentations, students from across the University showcased their work on a variety of topics, including COVID-19.
- PT Research Adapts to Provide Safe Patient Care During the Pandemic
March 15, 2021
In Samson College's Department of Physical Therapy, Greg Thielman and Margie Roos found a creative solution to give their students clinical research experience while complying with COVID-19 guidelines.
- SEA-PHAGES, SEA-GENES Courses Help Students Make Discoveries
March 12, 2021
USciences is one of 198 schools worldwide that are part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute's (HHMI) Science Education Alliance- Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science (SEA-PHAGES) program.
- Microbiology CURE Lab Gives Undergrads Real Research Experience
March 09, 2021
Through a series of Course-based Undergraduate Research Experiences (CURE), USciences students are able to get hands-on, in the lab research experience beginning in their first year.
- Professor Partners with Compass Pathways to Create Drug Discovery Center
February 24, 2021
The Philadelphia Inquirer featured Dr. Wallach in a story about this partnership, sharing that Compass Pathways has given Dr. Wallach $500,000 to fund this research in his lab.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.