In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- At USciences, Felinah Buslig Earned Research and Professional Experience on Her Journey to Become a Veterinarian
December 17, 2019
Dr. Felinah Buslig Bio'15 credits the biology program at USciences with helping her find success as a veterinarian in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- USciences was the Catalyst for This Chemistry Major's Career
December 16, 2019
Tori Lugiano BS'19 seemed destined for a career in chemistry. For Christmas one year when she was little, she got a chemistry set from her mother, who would go on to buy CSI-type forensic science toy sets that Lugiano would spend hours doing at home. For Lugiano, the choice of a career always couched in the context of how it could benefit others.
- For DrOT Alumna, USciences Provided an Accelerated Program and a Fulfilling Campus Experience
December 03, 2019
Pooja Patel DrOT'17 found that USciences offered an accelerated degree program and a well-rounded education.
- USciences PhD Graduate is Driven to Find Cure for HIV, Cancer
November 19, 2019
When asked about her career goals, Weam Elbezanti PhD'19 (cell and molecular biology) aims high. Originally from Libya, Dr. Elbezanti is continuing her research at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- In Nigeria, MBA Student Learns Global Impact of Healthcare
November 05, 2019
Ashwin Mathew MBA'20 was selected to participate in the six-month volunteer opportunity with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Nigeria, where he has received a fresh perspective on the challenges of improving healthcare in extremely rural settings.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.
- Graduate Student in Wistar/USciences Cancer Biology Program Balances Research, Education, and Family
September 19, 2019
She has a lot on her plate: She is conducting exciting research for her Ph.D. thesis, has just submitted a paper for publication and is preparing to graduate next year, all the while raising two small children.
- At USciences, Proven Everywhere Starts Here
September 09, 2019
The new marketing campaign for the University, which has a nearly 200 year legacy of educating healthcare and science leaders, is focused on the next generation of USciences students and all that they will achieve when they are #ProvenEverywhere.
- Sabrina Brunozzi Bio'15, MD Found a Passion for Women's Healthcare
August 29, 2019
Dr. Brunozzi graduated in May from Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine with her Doctorate of Medicine. She recently began her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Cooper University Hospital in Camden, NJ.
- MBA Grad Earns National Grassroots Advocacy Award
August 19, 2019
Manjula Jayabalan MBA'17, PharmD, enrolled in USciences MBA program with a focus in pharmaceutical and healthcare business while she was a pharmacy resident to help further her career before it even started. This year, Dr. Jayabalan was awarded for her grassroots work to advocate on behalf of managed care pharmacy relative to current legislative, regulatory and policy issues.
- OT Student Explores Research Opportunities at Summer Institute
August 12, 2019
Nancy Greene MS'16 (Health Psychology), DrOT'20 participated in the American Occupational Therapy Association's Summer Institute for Future Scientists at the Medical University of South Carolina where she learned about research opportunities and built a network of peers.
- Decades Apart, Grandmother and Granddaughter Share a Career Path and Legacy
August 08, 2019
For Dominique Fields P'95, PharmD'99 her grandmother, Marie R. Kern (Ranere) BAC'36, P'61, was always a role model. Fields followed in Kern's footsteps, working at the same job in the same hospital.
- Bradley Pratzner DPT'17 Let Curiosity, Professors Help Him Find His Career Path
August 05, 2019
As a physical therapist interacting with rehabilitation patients with a wide variety of diagnoses, Bradley Pratzner DPT'17 has frequently relied on his experience and education from University of the Sciences as he treats patients including those with amputations, transplants, spinal cord injuries, stroke and more.
- Brewing Science Grads Find Success in Variety of Brewing Industry Fields
August 01, 2019
Graduates of USciences Brewing Science Certificate program have found successful careers as brewpub owners, quality and lab managers, and as brewers for some of the industry's leading employers.
- Brewing Science Certificate Helped Dan Neuner Realize Career in Quality Control
August 01, 2019
The USciences Brewing Science Certificate Program launched brewer Dan Neuner's career in a new direction.
- Certificate Program Helped Grads Brew Up a Career Change
August 01, 2019
For many it takes several years working a traditional desk job to realize they need a change. For Chris Preston and Emily Siddall, the desire to change up their day-to-day led to them both enrolling in USciences Brewing Science Certificate Program.
- Dave Goldman Went from Home Brewer to Pro Following Brewing Science Certificate Program
August 01, 2019
In 2017, Dave Goldman was an experienced home brewer and co-owner of a group of restaurants. His passion for brewing and public demand for craft beer propelled the decision to build a brewpub, Urban Village in Northern Liberties.
- USciences Graduate Named Chair of Occupational Therapy Department
July 23, 2019
After a year of serving as interim chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy, Wendy Walsh MOT’00, PhD’18 (health policy), MOT, OTR/L, assistant professor of occupational therapy, has been named permanently to the position.
- Chemistry PhD Student James Gamrat Realizes Passion for Academia
July 18, 2019
Gamrat, who hopes to work at a University as a professor with his own research lab, has found success working in the chemistry department and various labs during his time as a PhD student at USciecnes.
- USciences Grad Offered Four Medical School Interviews; Gets Accepted to All Four
July 15, 2019
Since childhood, Shagun Dhanju BMS'18 knew she wanted to go to medical school. Now, her dream is a reality as Dhanju begins her first semester at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) in the fall.