In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Pre-Health Alumni Speak to Students about Life after USciences
June 10, 2020
Alumni of USciences' Pre-Health Program shared their experiences with current students during a virtual alumni event on May 8, 2020, giving advice about applying to graduate school, the transition into their graduate programs, and the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- USciences' DPT Clinical Experience Helps Alumnus Discover his Specialty
June 02, 2020
When Anthony Martin DPT'19, began applying to physical therapy programs, he focused on a selection of schools in Philadelphia and New York City. Originally from the west coast, he and his wife were hoping to experience life in the northeast.
- Physics Alumnus' Passion Led Him to Work in Japan
June 01, 2020
Christopher Petoukhoff's C'11, Phys'11, PhD, passion for science and engineering has given him many opportunities, including a position as a postdoctoral researcher in materials science and engineering at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
- USciences PharmD Graduate Carries on 130-Year-Old Legacy
May 21, 2020
Eric Miekley PharmD'20 graduates from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy this spring, but his connection to the college goes back much longer than those of his classmates.
- Michael Fox PharmD'20 Found Career During Clinical Experience
May 20, 2020
When deciding on a college, Michael Fox PharmD'20 knew he wanted to pursue a degree in pharmacy after seeing his dad, a pharmaceutical sales representative, working with healthcare providers.
- Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 Found Proven Pathway to Medical School at USciences
May 19, 2020
Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 comes from a family of doctors. Chandragiri will be attending Cooper Medical School of Rowan University in Camden, NJ this fall following in his family's footsteps.
- Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 Leads Delaware County COVID-19 Response
May 19, 2020
Liaising with government officials, coordinating Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing sites, and managing volunteer health professionals, Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 has taken on many new responsibilities since she was tapped to coordinate the public health response for Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08 Leads Local Health System's Response to COVID-19
May 19, 2020
Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08, Director of Infection Prevention for ChristianaCare, has helped to prepare the health system to receive Coronavirus (COVID-19) patients as the pandemic hit Delaware.
- USciences Alumnus Works to get PPE to Healthcare Workers in New York
May 14, 2020
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, USciences alumnus Mayank Parikh PharmD'13, owner of Super Health Pharmacy, helped Rhonda Roland Shearer provide free personal protective equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers in New York
- Physical Therapy Grad Finds Outlet for Interest in Oncology
May 12, 2020
Rachel Henrysen DPT'20 was among the group of individuals to attend an oncology interest meeting headed by Steve Wechsler, Secretary for the APTA Association Oncology Board of Directors.
- Bioinformatics Alumna Says USciences 'Perfectly Positioned' Her for Success
May 12, 2020
Cindy Winter, MS'15, a bioinformatician at the National Cancer Institute, credits USciences Bioinformatics graduate program for helping her become a subject matter expert in Molecular Biology in a software engineering group.
- Edgardo Mecadante P'79 Heralds Importance of Telemedicine During COVID-19 Pandemic
May 12, 2020
As many businesses have moved to a virtual environment to practice social distancing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Edgardo A. Mercadante P'79, HonDSc'17 has seen a new focus on telehealth as healthcare providers seek to offer the same care to patients without in-person visits.
- Alyssa Petroski Phys'20 Attributes Job Success to Experience Gained at USciences
May 07, 2020
Alyssa Petroski Phys'20 credits the lab experience and education she received while in the physics program at USciences with helping her a pathway to a career as a systems engineer.
- Occupational Therapy Alum Continues to Help Kids During COVID-19
April 21, 2020
Daniel Dubinsky MOT'13 is a pediatric Occupational Therapist working at various schools in New York and New Jersey with kids in all age groups from preschool through high school. He also provides telehealth to a virtual school in California. His passion for helping students extends beyond the online classroom and during Coronavirus (COVID-19) has inspired him to find a creative solution to connect with students and parents through YouTube.
- Physical Therapy Alumna Transitions Care to Telehealth During COVID-19 Pandemic
April 14, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare workers around the world are on the front lines tasked with protecting the health and safety of their communities. Alumna Brie Ligotski, DPT'18, is among them.
- Alumna Shares her Thoughts From the Front Lines of the COVID-19 Pandemic
April 10, 2020
During these unforeseen times, there are so many unanswerable questions and unprecedented changes; but on the front lines are healthcare workers like Julie Tondt BC'14, MD.
- Alumnus Donates Medical Supplies to Support Lehigh Valley Community During Coronavirus
April 06, 2020
Rikin Patel PharmD'12, the owner of Whitehall Pharmacy, wants to make sure his community is safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Inherently as a community pharmacist, when the outbreak began, he thought of his community in the Lehigh Valley.
- From Lab to Industry: USciences Alumnus Thrives in Both
March 27, 2020
Reecha Pandya BMS'15, a senior engineer in the new product introduction group at Abbott Point of Care, credits her time at USciences for her ability to take on diverse and creative responsibilities.
- Alumnus Finds His Passion for Education at USciences
March 24, 2020
Currently, Donnelly teaches advanced placement chemistry, honors chemistry and academic chemistry at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
- New Study: USciences Offers Excellent Return on Investment
December 20, 2019
University of the Sciences alumni have a proven record of graduating on time, finding jobs in their fields, and earning top dollar in their careers. Now, a study from Georgetown University has found that USciences is proven to be an excellent long-term investment.