In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Students Win Script Your Future National Award
July 09, 2020
USciences Pharmacy students were awarded the National Award in the Annual Medication Adherence Team Challenge.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- USciences PharmD Graduate Carries on 130-Year-Old Legacy
May 21, 2020
Eric Miekley PharmD'20 graduates from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy this spring, but his connection to the college goes back much longer than those of his classmates.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Michael Fox PharmD'20 Found Career During Clinical Experience
May 20, 2020
When deciding on a college, Michael Fox PharmD'20 knew he wanted to pursue a degree in pharmacy after seeing his dad, a pharmaceutical sales representative, working with healthcare providers.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 Leads Delaware County COVID-19 Response
May 19, 2020
Liaising with government officials, coordinating Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing sites, and managing volunteer health professionals, Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 has taken on many new responsibilities since she was tapped to coordinate the public health response for Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Jill M. Baren Named Provost at University of the Sciences
May 15, 2020
Jill M. Baren, MD, has been named provost and vice president of academic affairs at University of the Sciences, University President Paul Katz, MD, announced today. Dr. Baren is a national leader in academic medicine, healthcare, and higher education.
- USciences Alumnus Works to get PPE to Healthcare Workers in New York
May 14, 2020
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, USciences alumnus Mayank Parikh PharmD'13, owner of Super Health Pharmacy, helped Rhonda Roland Shearer provide free personal protective equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers in New York
- Edgardo Mecadante P'79 Heralds Importance of Telemedicine During COVID-19 Pandemic
May 12, 2020
As many businesses have moved to a virtual environment to practice social distancing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Edgardo A. Mercadante P'79, HonDSc'17 has seen a new focus on telehealth as healthcare providers seek to offer the same care to patients without in-person visits.
- Alumna Follows Her Passion to Become University City Restaurant Owner
May 07, 2020
Kate Aiq (Seenstra) PH/TX'10 says USciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Students get Help from Alumni Donors
May 04, 2020
Many students were beginning rotations and internships just as the COVID-19 pandemic called for national stay-at-home orders and led to restrictions for many healthcare facilities. Marques Williams PharmD'20 is one of them.
- USciences, Cabrini Sign Articulation Agreement
May 04, 2020
University of the Sciences and Cabrini University have signed two articulation agreements allowing students who graduate from Cabrini to transition into USciences' Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program.
- In the Midst of COVID-19, USciences President Helps Future Healthcare Providers See Their Value
May 01, 2020
USciences President Paul Katz, MD was inspired by his father, a physician, to pursue medicine as a profession. Throughout his career, he has been committed to helping students follow their passion into healthcare and science careers.
- USciences Student and Alumni Helping Community Together
April 29, 2020
USciences student Paul Fimognari PharmD'20 is on rotation at the Compounding Pharmacist in West Chester, PA learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. The Compounding Pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in Pennsylvania and is operated by alumni Kevin Hennessey PharmD'08 and Mark Pimley P'84.
- Marc Storb PharmD'19 Helps Patients in the Fight Against COVID-19
April 17, 2020
Marc Storb PharmD'19 is on his Critical Care rotation during his PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center in New Jersey, which have about 50 Intensive Care beds between both campuses.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- CEO Magazine: USciences MBA Program Named Tier One
April 07, 2020
CEO Magazine has ranked University of the Sciences' MBA in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business among the tier one programs offering the degree and 19th for Global Online MBA.
- Alumnus Donates Medical Supplies to Support Lehigh Valley Community During Coronavirus
April 06, 2020
Rikin Patel PharmD'12, the owner of Whitehall Pharmacy, wants to make sure his community is safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Inherently as a community pharmacist, when the outbreak began, he thought of his community in the Lehigh Valley.
- Anil D'Mello Honored with Faculty Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
University of the Sciences presented the 2020 Faculty Award of Merit to Anil D'Mello, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 13, 2020.