In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy News
- Anil D'Mello Honored with Faculty Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
University of the Sciences presented the 2020 Faculty Award of Merit to Anil D'Mello, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Sparks Fly: USciences Alumni Share Their Love Stories
February 12, 2020
Sparks have been flying around campus for generations and not just in chemistry laboratories! In honor of Valentine's Day, we set out to share a few of the many stories behind alumni who met and fell in love here.
- USciences Education Propels Graduate's Success Across the Pond
January 24, 2020
Rosemary Cunningham Thomas P'86 is now the chief executive officer of a start-up focused on developing regenerative medicine solutions for advanced wound healing in the United Kingdom, but before the years of success in medical technology, she started out like many other USciences students.
- USciences Serves in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 21, 2020
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, more than 270 USciences students joined faculty and staff volunteering at a variety of service activities on January 20, 2020.
- USciences Awarded $4.9 Million in Research Grants in 2019
December 19, 2019
USciences faculty researchers and students were supported by $4.9 million in grant funding awarded to the University in 2019. The additional dollars support ongoing investigations in each of the University's three colleges as well as student involvement in those projects.
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Representatives Meet USciences Scholarship Recipients
December 19, 2019
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust provides funding for undergraduate students scholarships amounting to $71,000 in aid to support 17 undergraduate students.
- SUDI Recommends Additional Labeling for Medical Cannabis Products Sold in PA
December 16, 2019
Andrew Peterson, PharmD, PhD, Executive Director of the Substance Use Disorders Institute at USciences went before the Medical Marijuana Advisory Board, the state regulatory body in Pennsylvania, in November to make recommendations about the labeling of medical cannabis products.
- Pharmacy Faculty Awarded Grant for Research Project
December 03, 2019
The Board of Pharmacy Specialities awarded Angela Bingham, PharmD and Volodymyra Fedkiv, PharmD, from the University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy a PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency Research Grant to delve into the qualifications for pharmacy faculty nationwide.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Students Present Research Posters
December 03, 2019
Students from the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences shared their scholarship during a Mini Research Day hosted by the department on November 21, 2019.
- Lab Grows Three-Dimensional Tumors to Detect Biomarkers in Cancer Patients
November 22, 2019
As a doctor of pharmacy student, Megan Shuminski PharmD'21 knows having experience in a cancer cell culture lab isn't common, but thinks her experience working delving into the science behind clinical treatments will give her a unique understanding when treating future patients.
- Pharmacy Students Earn First Place in Clinical Jeopardy
November 19, 2019
A team of student pharmacists representing Philadelphia College of Pharmacy won the pharmacy student Clinical Jeopardy game at the Pennsylvania Society of Health-System Pharmacists Annual Assembly on October 29, 2019.
- USciences Hosts Workout to Educate about Benefits of Exercise to Fight Cancer
November 15, 2019
USciences students, faculty, and staff participated in a workout class with a message on Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- In Nigeria, MBA Student Learns Global Impact of Healthcare
November 05, 2019
Ashwin Mathew MBA'20 was selected to participate in the six-month volunteer opportunity with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Nigeria, where he has received a fresh perspective on the challenges of improving healthcare in extremely rural settings.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.
- Melissa Akacha PharmD'04: Taking Care of Our Neighbors When They Are in Need
October 21, 2019
Using her healthcare experience, Dr. Akacha partnered with Jennifer Elsier, a close friend and a medical social worker, to triage the situation. Dr. Akacha approached the car, discovering a woman named Lynn, who had been living in her car for approximately two years.
- Scholarship Awarded on Character Pays it Forward for Alumna's Family
October 17, 2019
The difference between success and failure is often the result of someone believing in you. In 1920, an act of kindness and a $50 scholarship changed the future for Pauline Tabachnick P'21.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 17, 2019
USciences faculty researchers are passionate about their areas of interest. In these interviews, faculty members discuss how they got involved in their research and what keeps them interested.