In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy News
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Awarded PPA's Public Awareness and Communication Award
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences, with the Public Awareness and Communication Award during PPA's First-Ever Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Pharmacy Faculty and Alumni Honored by Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association recently presented awards to Richard Ost P'82; Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH; and Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, at a Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Alumni Share First Job Advice With Students
October 14, 2020
The Young Professionals Organization (YPO) hosted two virtual Pharmacy Career panels This summer focused on networking and leveraging the most from residencies.
- Donor Spotlight: Supporting the Future of Our Profession
October 12, 2020
When the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak began last Spring, Oleg Zvenigorodsky PharmD'08 joined the collective effort to support the Student Emergency Fund. At the onset of the pandemic, it was one of Zvenigorodsky's first instincts to support students in response to the crisis.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- PCP Doctoral Students Publish COVID-19 Research Review
September 25, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three USciences PhD students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- USciences Students, Snider Hockey Alumnae Discuss STEM Education
September 09, 2020
USciences’ Center for Undergraduate Research and Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the Franklin Institute and The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation have been holding a series of virtual STEM talks and activities that are part of “Sparking STEM Explorations and Connections.”
- Pharmacy Students Find Success Despite Adjusting to Virtual Learning
August 24, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) rapidly caused changes and shutdowns across the country, USciences students and faculty had to adapt quickly to a virtual educational experience. In the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, courses and certificate programs were made virtual and still showed student successes.
- PCP Faculty Team Up to Help Students Complete Practice Experiences Amidst COVID Shutdowns
August 24, 2020
Professors from USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy came together to create an interactive virtual experiential course for students who had their IPPEs interrupted.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- 43rd and Woodland: Podcast is Connecting Alumni and Students
August 19, 2020
Sean Ahern PharmD'19 and Jared Hunter HumSci'16 sought out a venue to engage young alumni and created 43rd and Woodland, a podcast focused on navigating career and life.
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- Alumnus Sees COVID-19 Through A Student Lens Donor Spotlight: Dwight Bowen, PharmD'11
July 20, 2020
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dwight Bowen PharmD'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help USciences students in need through the Student Emergency Fund.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- Pharmacy Students Win Script Your Future National Award
July 09, 2020
USciences Pharmacy students were awarded the National Award in the Annual Medication Adherence Team Challenge.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- USciences PharmD Graduate Carries on 130-Year-Old Legacy
May 21, 2020
Eric Miekley PharmD'20 graduates from University of the Sciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy this spring, but his connection to the college goes back much longer than those of his classmates.
- USciences Honors The Class of 2020 During Virtual Ceremony
May 20, 2020
USciences honored the Class of 2020 during the 199th Commencement Ceremony, the first ceremony to be hosted virtually, on May 20, 2020.
- Michael Fox PharmD'20 Found Career During Clinical Experience
May 20, 2020
When deciding on a college, Michael Fox PharmD'20 knew he wanted to pursue a degree in pharmacy after seeing his dad, a pharmaceutical sales representative, working with healthcare providers.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.