In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Misher College News
- 2021 Alpha Chi National Honor Society Induction
November 12, 2021
New members were inducted into the Pennsylvania Kappa chapter of the National Alpha Chi Honor Society on November 9, 2021.
- Legacy is at Heart of 2021 Misher Lecture
November 08, 2021
The 2021 Misher Lecture focused on the topic of legacy, as author Maryanne O'Hara spoke about how the loss of her daughter led her to focus on how to capture the legacy of loved ones.
- Chemistry Lab Receives Over $1 Million Grant for Cancer Protein Research
November 03, 2021
The lab of Zhihong Wang, PhD, associate professor of chemistry and biochemistry, has received a $1.1 million grant from the National Institute of Health (NIH)
- USciences Curriculum Prepares Students to be Tomorrow's Leaders
October 18, 2021
Many USciences graduates remark that they feel better prepared and uniquely positioned to succeed in their careers from the beginning. This can be traced back to the exceptional quality of a USciences education and the way that its curriculum and programs continually innovate and evolve.
- Faculty Under the Microscope: A Closer Look at USciences Faculty Research
October 18, 2021
Jason Heindl, PhD, Isabelle Mercier, PhD, and Greg Thielman, PT, EdD, share what sparked their interest and what keeps them intrigued in their field of study.
- First-Generation Students Find Support, Success at USciences
October 12, 2021
Approximately a third of USciences undergraduate students are the first in their families to attend college.
- USciences Hosts Bicentennial Community Block Party
October 05, 2021
USciences hosted a free Bicentennial Block Party as part of the University's Bicentennial celebration on October 2, 2021.
- USciences Professor of Virology Talks About Flu Season Safety
September 30, 2021
As flu season approaches, Assistant Professor of Biology Taisuke Izumi, PhD, shared more about the flu, who is at risk, and why it's important to get the annual flu vaccine.
- High School Student gets Experience Researching Cell Movement in Biological Sciences Lab
September 10, 2021
In the lab of Chris Janetopoulos, PhD, associate professor of biological sciences, high school students work alongside undergraduates to study how cells move.
- Steppingstone Scholars, USciences Partnership Allows High Schoolers to Earn College Credit
August 27, 2021
Steppingstone Scholars and University of the Sciences (USciences) have signed a partnership agreement that will allow Philadelphia high school students to attend and earn credits for college-level courses at USciences.
- USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
August 24, 2021
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences' three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
- Undergrads Spend Summer Studying Alzheimer's Disease
August 17, 2021
Two USciences students participated in the Alzheimer's Summer Internship program at the University of Pennsylvania's Penn Memory Center for black or African American students.
- New Book by Physics Professor Explores the Big Bang Debate
August 12, 2021
Paul Halpern, PhD has recently published a new book titled Flashes of Creation: George Gamow, Fred Hoyle, and the Great Big Bang Debate.
- Middle School Students Experiment with STEM During USciences Camp
August 12, 2021
Seventh and Eighth grade students from St. Francis de Sales School in West Philadelphia participated in a two-week long STEM camp.
- USciences CLASS Lab Teaches Kids about the Brain
August 12, 2021
USciences Cognition, Learning, and School Success (CLASS) lab hosted two "Neuroscience for Kids" workshops for students attending St. Francis de Sales summer camp.
- Newsweek Ranks USciences as Top PA College to get 'Most Bang for Your Buck'
July 27, 2021
As students and their families examine the true value of a college education, Newsweek has recently ranked the top colleges and universities with the best return on investment. USciences was ranked number one in Pennsylvania for value.
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- USciences President Paul Katz Announces Retirement
June 21, 2021
University of the Sciences President Paul Katz, MD, has announced he will retire. Dr. Katz began his tenure as the historic University's 25th president in 2016 and has made countless contributions to the USciences family.
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.