In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
As Seen in The Bulletin
Vol. 106 No. 2
USciences Community Responds to COVID-19
USciences alumni, students, faculty, and staff are impacting coronavirus (COVID-19) in many ways. From the front lines in hospitals to serving their communities and on the home front where they are using their skills and talents virtually, those in the University community are fighting this global pandemic.
Each of these stories shows the strength and resilience of the USciences community during this difficult time.
- Student H1N1 Lessons Learned Continues to Impact Additional Public Health Efforts
February 15, 2021
Alumnus Michael Dejos PharmD'13 shares his experience at USciences during the H1N1 pandemic, and how it has helped him during COVID-19.
- Alumnus Owned Pharmacy Distributed COVID Vaccine to Community
February 15, 2021
Mayank Amin PharmD'09 was featured in two stories from The Philadelphia Inquirer about his pharmacy, Skippack Pharmacy, distributing a delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine to their community.
- Healthcare Disparities in the Days of COVID-19
February 05, 2021
In recent months, with the onslaught of demands for healthcare and closure of the economy, COVID-19 has revealed the depth of these gaps when comparing racial groups.
- USciences Alumni, Students Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
January 15, 2021
USciences alumni, students working on the front lines in healthcare institutions were among some of the first to be vaccinated for COVID-19. For many, the vaccine is a sign of hope for the future and a symbol of the importance of science and healthcare.
- PCP Doctoral Students Publish COVID-19 Research Review
September 25, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three USciences PhD students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- Keith Creagh DPT'10 Helped Patients Recovering from COVID-19 in New Jersey
September 24, 2020
When coronavirus (COVID-19) began to impact New Jersey in March, Keith Creagh DPT'10 helped to lead his team of therapists to care for patients while staying safe.
- USciences Faculty Prepare for Hybrid Teaching with Online Course
September 09, 2020
As faculty prepare for another semester with many teaching in virtual classrooms, several prepared by taking part in their own online course over the summer.
- Pharmacy Students Find Success Despite Adjusting to Virtual Learning
August 24, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) rapidly caused changes and shutdowns across the country, USciences students and faculty had to adapt quickly to a virtual educational experience. In the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, courses and certificate programs were made virtual and still showed student successes.
- PCP Faculty Team Up to Help Students Complete Practice Experiences Amidst COVID Shutdowns
August 24, 2020
Professors from USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy came together to create an interactive virtual experiential course for students who had their IPPEs interrupted.
- Alumnus Sees COVID-19 Through A Student Lens Donor Spotlight: Dwight Bowen, PharmD'11
July 20, 2020
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dwight Bowen PharmD'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help USciences students in need through the Student Emergency Fund.
- Alumnus Takes 'Opportunity of A Lifetime' Serving on White House Coronavirus Task Force
July 09, 2020
Kurtis Oakley MB'07, MT'08 was deployed in April as a COVID-19 microbiological operations officer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) White House task force unit.
- USciences Students Gain Telehealth Experience During COVID-19 Clinical Rotations
May 19, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has meant that many patients and their care teams are meeting on telehealth calls rather than face to face at the bedside. To learn the essential skills for this new modality of care, USciences students took on telehealth rotations this semester and were exposed to new ideas and challenges that arise when treating patients from afar.
- Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 Leads Delaware County COVID-19 Response
May 19, 2020
Liaising with government officials, coordinating Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing sites, and managing volunteer health professionals, Rosemarie Halt P'89, MPH'12 has taken on many new responsibilities since she was tapped to coordinate the public health response for Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08 Leads Local Health System's Response to COVID-19
May 19, 2020
Tim Bowers MT'02, MPH'08, Director of Infection Prevention for ChristianaCare, has helped to prepare the health system to receive Coronavirus (COVID-19) patients as the pandemic hit Delaware.
- USciences Alumnus Works to get PPE to Healthcare Workers in New York
May 14, 2020
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, USciences alumnus Mayank Parikh PharmD'13, owner of Super Health Pharmacy, helped Rhonda Roland Shearer provide free personal protective equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers in New York