In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Donates More than 600 Thanksgiving Meals to Families in Need
November 27, 2019
The USciences community donated Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of families in West Philadelphia during the eighth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive on November 25.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.
- Melissa Akacha PharmD'04: Taking Care of Our Neighbors When They Are in Need
October 21, 2019
Using her healthcare experience, Dr. Akacha partnered with Jennifer Elsier, a close friend and a medical social worker, to triage the situation. Dr. Akacha approached the car, discovering a woman named Lynn, who had been living in her car for approximately two years.
- Hundreds Get Hands-on Training at 2nd Annual Central High School Day
October 15, 2019
Hundreds of high school students were welcomed on the USciences campus October 14, 2019, for the 2nd Annual Central High School Day, a university-wide effort to introduce students to fields in health sciences.
- USciences Students, Community Come Together to Help Paint Mural
August 27, 2019
With Mural Arts Philadelphia, USciences hosted a community paint day as part of welcome weekend for new students and members of the surrounding community to join together to help paint a mural that will go up on the Living & Learning Commons building.
- Health Career Summer Academy Exposes Teens to Health Careers Early
July 08, 2019
USciences partnered with Main Line Health to offer a week-long Health Career Summer Academy to expose teens to careers in the health professions.
- Physics Faculty Hosts National Physics Tournament, Helps Prepare Winners for International Competition in Poland
June 05, 2019
A team of students from three Chester County-area high schools is preparing to represent the United States in an international physics competition in Poland after winning the national title at USciences in April.
- Girl Scouts Explore Pharmacy Field During Campus Visit
May 09, 2019
Exploring and learning about a field of work before getting to college can help ensure a student is on the right path, and a group of Girl Scouts from West Philadelphia were able to learn about being a pharmacist during a visit to campus in April.
- Students Bond Through Love of Cultural Dance
May 06, 2019
It's easy to find a group of like-minded people at a small university that focuses on science and health fields, but USciences Dhadkan is a group of students who also bonded over their love of Bollywood fusion dance.
- Animals in the Amazon: Volunteer Trip Focuses on Protecting the Rainforest
March 22, 2019
A desire to help others, apply what they've learned at USciences, and an Instagram featuring Daniel the river otter led two students and best friends on the trip of a lifetime helping animals in the Amazon during spring break.
- The Student View: Inside the move to USciences' Newest Residence Hall
February 27, 2019
After months of waiting, more than 300 students moved into USciences' newest residence hall, the Living & Learning Commons, the final weekend in January.
- USciences Scholarship Helps Philadelphia Students Afford College
January 30, 2019
Rohan Nainan PharmD'24, enrolled at University of the Sciences' pharmacy program this past fall with the goal of using his college education to improve the lives of others. For him, the university's academics, affordable tuition, and city culture made it the perfect fit.
- Dennis Collins Named Director of Facilities
January 03, 2019
With more than 20 years of experience working at institutions of higher education and over 35 years of extensive experience in facilities management, Dennis Collins has been named Director of Facilities Services at University of the Sciences.
- USciences Donates More than 450 Thanksgiving Meals
November 27, 2018
The USciences community donated Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of families in West Philadelphia during the seventh annual Appeal for a Meal food drive on November 19.
- USciences Awarded Grant Support for Living & Learning Commons
November 06, 2018
University of the Sciences has been awarded a $750,000 grant from the state of Pennsylvania to support the ongoing construction of a new, mixed-use facility on campus, dubbed the "Living & Learning Commons."
- USciences Celebrates Launch of Substance Use Disorders Institute
October 09, 2018
The Institute was created in June 2017 by the University to provide educational programming, policy outreach, and research about the national opioid epidemic.
- Student Volunteers Focus on Food Insecurity During Service Day
August 28, 2018
On August 23, two dozen USciences students traveled to Scranton, PA to join in a service event that marks the beginning of a partnership with students from three other institutions to help fight food insecurity in the region.
- Colleges Building Community: USciences Joins With Three PA Institutions in Service Partnership
August 17, 2018
Students from Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (GCSOM), Keystone College, Lackawanna College and the University of the Sciences will spend the day at GCSOM on Aug. 23 taking the first steps toward building a living case study centered on how food insecurity impacts community.