In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Hosts Bicentennial Community Block Party
October 05, 2021
USciences hosted a free Bicentennial Block Party as part of the University's Bicentennial celebration on October 2, 2021.
- Frozen in Time: The History of Breyers and USciences
September 09, 2021
The area that is now home to the Integrated Professional Education Complex (IPEX) and McNeil Science and Technology Center (STC) once was home to the Breyers Ice Cream plant.
- Steppingstone Scholars, USciences Partnership Allows High Schoolers to Earn College Credit
August 27, 2021
Steppingstone Scholars and University of the Sciences (USciences) have signed a partnership agreement that will allow Philadelphia high school students to attend and earn credits for college-level courses at USciences.
- Alumnus Develops, Implements First Pharmacy Based PrEP Clinic
August 24, 2021
In 2017 Minniti, the owner of Bell Pharmacy in Camden, began developing his practice model for a pharmacy-based PrEP clinic- the first of its kind in the state of New Jersey.
- Undergrads Spend Summer Studying Alzheimer's Disease
August 17, 2021
Two USciences students participated in the Alzheimer's Summer Internship program at the University of Pennsylvania's Penn Memory Center for black or African American students.
- Middle School Students Experiment with STEM During USciences Camp
August 12, 2021
Seventh and Eighth grade students from St. Francis de Sales School in West Philadelphia participated in a two-week long STEM camp.
- Students Create Community Collaboration to Combat Food Waste and Food Insecurity
April 21, 2021
The USciences Environmental Conservation Organization (ECO) focuses its work on creating an environmentally conscious campus and advocating for environmental issues in the community.
- USciences Honors Past Community Landmark with Rebirth of Mural
November 11, 2020
The Alexander Wilson Elementary School had been a landmark in its West Philadelphia community for decades. USciences acquired the space at 46th and Woodland Avenue, and the University wanted to honor the elementary school's legacy.
- USciences Students, Snider Hockey Alumnae Discuss STEM Education
September 09, 2020
USciences’ Center for Undergraduate Research and Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the Franklin Institute and The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation have been holding a series of virtual STEM talks and activities that are part of “Sparking STEM Explorations and Connections.”
- USciences Class Tackles Power, Democracy, and Oppression in the U.S.
August 13, 2020
Power Democracy and Oppression (MD 213) is offered to provide students a space to learn about the experiences of diverse populations so that they might become global citizens.
- Alumna Follows Her Passion to Become University City Restaurant Owner
May 07, 2020
Kate Aiq (Seenstra) PH/TX'10 says USciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- USciences Student and Alumni Helping Community Together
April 29, 2020
USciences student Paul Fimognari PharmD'20 is on rotation at the Compounding Pharmacist in West Chester, PA learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. The Compounding Pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in Pennsylvania and is operated by alumni Kevin Hennessey PharmD'08 and Mark Pimley P'84.
- Campus Recreation Offers USciences Students, Faculty, and Staff Opportunity to Stay Active with Zoom Workouts
April 16, 2020
With the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) closed along with nearly every gym across the region, the opportunity for University of the Sciences students, faculty and staff to work out in a controlled setting, while balancing the workload of the semester, has never been more limited.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.
- USciences Donates More than 60,000 Pieces of Personal Protective Equipment
April 06, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences faculty and staff have collected personal protective equipment (PPE) from across campus to donate to healthcare institutions in Philadelphia.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Donates More than 600 Thanksgiving Meals to Families in Need
November 27, 2019
The USciences community donated Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of families in West Philadelphia during the eighth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive on November 25.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.