In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Alumna Follows Her Passion to Become University City Restaurant Owner
May 07, 2020
Kate Aiq (Seenstra) PH/TX'10 says USciences graduates are well prepared for any career, even one as a restaurant owner.
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- USciences Student and Alumni Helping Community Together
April 29, 2020
USciences student Paul Fimognari PharmD'20 is on rotation at the Compounding Pharmacist in West Chester, PA learning how to compound various creams, gels, and other medications. The Compounding Pharmacist is the first compounding-only pharmacy to open in Pennsylvania and is operated by alumni Kevin Hennessey PharmD'08 and Mark Pimley P'84.
- Campus Recreation Offers USciences Students, Faculty, and Staff Opportunity to Stay Active with Zoom Workouts
April 16, 2020
With the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) closed along with nearly every gym across the region, the opportunity for University of the Sciences students, faculty and staff to work out in a controlled setting, while balancing the workload of the semester, has never been more limited.
- USciences Students Bring Classmates Together for Zoom Yoga-Lates
April 10, 2020
University of the Sciences students continue to prove that they can come together as a community, despite not being able to get together physically.
- USciences Donates More than 60,000 Pieces of Personal Protective Equipment
April 06, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences faculty and staff have collected personal protective equipment (PPE) from across campus to donate to healthcare institutions in Philadelphia.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Donates More than 600 Thanksgiving Meals to Families in Need
November 27, 2019
The USciences community donated Thanksgiving meals for hundreds of families in West Philadelphia during the eighth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive on November 25.
- PT and Pharmacy Students Team Up For National Fall Prevention Awareness Day
October 22, 2019
Sixty-seven physical therapy and pharmacy students along with 18 students from USciences' student chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists collaborated for an interprofessional Fall Prevention event on September 19, 2019.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.
- Melissa Akacha PharmD'04: Taking Care of Our Neighbors When They Are in Need
October 21, 2019
Using her healthcare experience, Dr. Akacha partnered with Jennifer Elsier, a close friend and a medical social worker, to triage the situation. Dr. Akacha approached the car, discovering a woman named Lynn, who had been living in her car for approximately two years.
- Hundreds Get Hands-on Training at 2nd Annual Central High School Day
October 15, 2019
Hundreds of high school students were welcomed on the USciences campus October 14, 2019, for the 2nd Annual Central High School Day, a university-wide effort to introduce students to fields in health sciences.
- USciences Students, Community Come Together to Help Paint Mural
August 27, 2019
With Mural Arts Philadelphia, USciences hosted a community paint day as part of welcome weekend for new students and members of the surrounding community to join together to help paint a mural that will go up on the Living & Learning Commons building.
- Health Career Summer Academy Exposes Teens to Health Careers Early
July 08, 2019
USciences partnered with Main Line Health to offer a week-long Health Career Summer Academy to expose teens to careers in the health professions.
- Physics Faculty Hosts National Physics Tournament, Helps Prepare Winners for International Competition in Poland
June 05, 2019
A team of students from three Chester County-area high schools is preparing to represent the United States in an international physics competition in Poland after winning the national title at USciences in April.
- Girl Scouts Explore Pharmacy Field During Campus Visit
May 09, 2019
Exploring and learning about a field of work before getting to college can help ensure a student is on the right path, and a group of Girl Scouts from West Philadelphia were able to learn about being a pharmacist during a visit to campus in April.
- Students Bond Through Love of Cultural Dance
May 06, 2019
It's easy to find a group of like-minded people at a small university that focuses on science and health fields, but USciences Dhadkan is a group of students who also bonded over their love of Bollywood fusion dance.
- Animals in the Amazon: Volunteer Trip Focuses on Protecting the Rainforest
March 22, 2019
A desire to help others, apply what they've learned at USciences, and an Instagram featuring Daniel the river otter led two students and best friends on the trip of a lifetime helping animals in the Amazon during spring break.
- The Student View: Inside the move to USciences' Newest Residence Hall
February 27, 2019
After months of waiting, more than 300 students moved into USciences' newest residence hall, the Living & Learning Commons, the final weekend in January.
- USciences Scholarship Helps Philadelphia Students Afford College
January 30, 2019
Rohan Nainan PharmD'24, enrolled at University of the Sciences' pharmacy program this past fall with the goal of using his college education to improve the lives of others. For him, the university's academics, affordable tuition, and city culture made it the perfect fit.