In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Holds Virtual MLK Day of Service
January 21, 2021
While this year's event was not able to include the usual in-person acts of service that have happened in years past, the day was still filled with a series of virtual service and learning sessions.
- Environmental Science Student Shares About his Hands-On Learning Experience
January 20, 2021
USciences Environmental Sciences student Perry Giambuzzi ES'20, gained hands-on experience spent the summer working at the Morton Arboretum in Lislie, IL.
- USciences Alumni, Students Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
January 15, 2021
USciences alumni, students working on the front lines in healthcare institutions were among some of the first to be vaccinated for COVID-19. For many, the vaccine is a sign of hope for the future and a symbol of the importance of science and healthcare.
- Students Learn First Hand About Substance Use Disorder in Virtual Panel Discussion
December 21, 2020
About 40 students and faculty attended a virtual panel discussion which featured two recent USciences graduates sharing their stories of dealing with and overcoming substance use disorder.
- Louis J Lupo Named to Board of Trustees
December 11, 2020
USciences Board of Trustees has appointed a new board member, Louis J. Lupo P'76, PharmD'01, Board Chair James J. Rivard P'81, MBA announced Friday.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences' Hepatitis C Effort
December 04, 2020
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.
- USciences Honors Past Community Landmark with Rebirth of Mural
November 11, 2020
The Alexander Wilson Elementary School had been a landmark in its West Philadelphia community for decades. USciences acquired the space at 46th and Woodland Avenue, and the University wanted to honor the elementary school's legacy.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- 2020 Alumni Association Annual Award Ceremony
October 23, 2020
USciences marked an unconventional, virtual Reunion event with the annual The Alumni Association Award Ceremony on Saturday, October 10, to recognize the achievements of four outstanding alumni.
- What it's Really Like to Transfer to USciences
October 23, 2020
Learn about USciences' programs, how to transfer credits, financial aid, and more from a transfer student.
- Psychology Course Examines Empathy For the Atypical Experience
October 16, 2020
The course examines lived experiences that do not fit our usual image of a "typical" life: people born deaf, child prodigies, criminals, or little people, to name a few.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Awarded PPA's Public Awareness and Communication Award
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences, with the Public Awareness and Communication Award during PPA's First-Ever Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Alumni Share First Job Advice With Students
October 14, 2020
The Young Professionals Organization (YPO) hosted two virtual Pharmacy Career panels This summer focused on networking and leveraging the most from residencies.
- Misher Students Find Safety and Success in Labs
October 07, 2020
To allow students to continue these hands-on experiences, USciences faculty got creative to schedule coursework that would ensure that the experience in Chemistry and Biology laboratories for the fall 2020 semester would be rich while still maintaining COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- USciences Pre-Dental Undergraduates Form Students for Universal Oral Health (SUOH)
October 05, 2020
SUOH strives to improve oral care in underserved communities of Philadelphia through methods of education, prevention and treatment.
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- PCP Doctoral Students Publish COVID-19 Research Review
September 25, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic brought shutdowns across the country, three USciences PhD students used their time away from the lab to publish a review article about the virus.
- Alumni Share What They Wish They Knew When Starting Their Careers
September 25, 2020
Young alumni from Misher College of Arts and Sciences shared their advice on transitioning to careers and life after graduation with students from the college during a virtual event hosted by the Young Professional Organization and the Office of Alumni Relations on September 2.