In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Alumnus Develops, Implements First Pharmacy Based PrEP Clinic
August 24, 2021
In 2017 Minniti, the owner of Bell Pharmacy in Camden, began developing his practice model for a pharmacy-based PrEP clinic- the first of its kind in the state of New Jersey.
- Alumna Explores Various Career Possibilities in Pharma Industry
August 12, 2021
Over the last 21 years, Roseann Peluso Nguyen PharmD'94 has explored the many possibilities that have come her way as a pharmacist working at a large pharmaceutical company.
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- USciences Honors The Bicentennial Class at 200th Commencement Ceremony
May 26, 2021
More than 400 students were honored at USciences Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony, held virtually on May 26, 2021.
- Julie Nguyen BC'21 Prepared for Success in Medical School, Cancer Research
May 26, 2021
A standout student and researcher who will soon author her first scholarly article, Julie Nguyen BC'21 plans to attend medical school following graduation to continue cancer research. Nguyen earned the distinction of valedictorian and addressed the Class of 2021 at the Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- At USciences, Conor Glass PHTX'21 Found Passion and Community
May 26, 2021
While Conor Glass PHTX'21 graduated from USciences with the Bicentennial Class in 2021, he is prepared to return to campus in short order to continue his education in the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Alumnus Tributes his USciences Degree for Opening his Career to a World of Endless Possibilities
May 25, 2021
Stephen Seach, Jr., PhC'17, JD, credits his experience at University of the Sciences for opening him up to endless career opportunities and preparing him for law school.
- Downs Dedicates His Career to Educating About Substance Use Disorder
May 19, 2021
A well-respected professor of clinical pharmacy with more than 48 years at University of the Sciences, George E. Downs PharmD'72 has dedicated his career to educating student pharmacists about the prevention of substance abuse and the role of a pharmacist in helping those with substance use disorders (SUD).
- From Philadelphia to the Front Lines: Letters from World War II
May 17, 2021
Hundreds of students and alumni from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science were compelled to enter the armed services during World War II.
- A Voice for Change: 50 Years of the Black Student Union at USciences
May 17, 2021
In 1971, a handful of students who sought to offer a voice for Black students on campus came together to found the precursor to the Black Student Union, the first student group of its kind at what was then Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science.
- Alumni Spotlight: Brianna Ligotski DPT'18
May 17, 2021
A physical therapist, Dr. Ligotski works at Kaiser Permanente outpatient medical center in Stockton, CA, and recently earned specialty board certification in neurological physical therapy.
- Veteran Defends Dissertation on 30-Year Anniversary of Service in Persian Gulf War
May 06, 2021
After joining and serving in the Marines at 19, Matt Bahr PhD (Pharmaceutics) found his way into a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing as a plant engineer at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Alumna Discusses Role of Pharmacists in COVID-19 Fight
May 05, 2021
JOCELYN KONRAD P'92, executive vice president for pharmacy for Rite Aid, recently spoke during a webinar, "Improving the Health and Wellness of the Consumer in the Post COVID-19 Environment," hosted by the National Association of Chain Drug Stores.
- USciences Noted as #1 for Return On Investment
April 19, 2021
USciences was recently noted for being number one for return on investment among private colleges in Pennsylvania by MSN Money and Stacker.
- OT Alumna Pursues Passions in Geriatric, Non-Traditional Care
April 19, 2021
When looking to pursue her degree in Occupational Therapy (OT), USciences caught the attention of alumna Christine Repp, OTR/L, HS'00, MOT'00.
- James M. Hoffman to Speak at Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony
April 15, 2021
James M. Hoffman, P'00, PharmD'01, will address the graduates at the 9th Annual Bachelor's Degree Conferment Ceremony on Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Maggie Fedgchin PharmD'00 Found a Rewarding Career Path in Clinical Research and Development
April 05, 2021
Alumna Maggie (O'Brien) Fedgchin PharmD'00, a clinical scientist in Neuroscience Clinical Development at Janssen Research and Development, has great appreciation for the education she received in the Doctor of Pharmacy program at USciences.
- Nishaminy Kasbekar P'93 PharmD'95 Named Chief Pharmacy Officer at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
March 29, 2021
Kasbekar was named Chief Pharmacy Officer at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and hopes to work to advance the role pharmacists can have in patient care.
- American Pharmacists Association Names Building Annex in Honor of John Gans
March 24, 2021
The building annex in Washington, DC will be named for John Gans P'66, PharmD'69, HonDSc'08.
- USciences Celebrates Bicentennial Founders' Day
February 23, 2021
The USciences community came together to honor its rich history on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in a virtual ceremony to mark the Bicentennial Founding of the University.