In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Alumnus Donates Medical Supplies to Support Lehigh Valley Community During Coronavirus
April 06, 2020
Rikin Patel PharmD'12, the owner of Whitehall Pharmacy, wants to make sure his community is safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Inherently as a community pharmacist, when the outbreak began, he thought of his community in the Lehigh Valley.
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- From Lab to Industry: USciences Alumnus Thrives in Both
March 27, 2020
Reecha Pandya BMS'15, a senior engineer in the new product introduction group at Abbott Point of Care, credits her time at USciences for her ability to take on diverse and creative responsibilities.
- Alumnus Finds His Passion for Education at USciences
March 24, 2020
Currently, Donnelly teaches advanced placement chemistry, honors chemistry and academic chemistry at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Sparks Fly: USciences Alumni Share Their Love Stories
February 12, 2020
Sparks have been flying around campus for generations and not just in chemistry laboratories! In honor of Valentine's Day, we set out to share a few of the many stories behind alumni who met and fell in love here.
- New Study: USciences Offers Excellent Return on Investment
December 20, 2019
University of the Sciences alumni have a proven record of graduating on time, finding jobs in their fields, and earning top dollar in their careers. Now, a study from Georgetown University has found that USciences is proven to be an excellent long-term investment.
- At USciences, Felinah Buslig Earned Research and Professional Experience on Her Journey to Become a Veterinarian
December 17, 2019
Dr. Felinah Buslig Bio'15 credits the biology program at USciences with helping her find success as a veterinarian in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- USciences was the Catalyst for This Chemistry Major's Career
December 16, 2019
Tori Lugiano BS'19 seemed destined for a career in chemistry. For Christmas one year when she was little, she got a chemistry set from her mother, who would go on to buy CSI-type forensic science toy sets that Lugiano would spend hours doing at home. For Lugiano, the choice of a career always couched in the context of how it could benefit others.
- USciences, West Pharma Mark 20 Years of Innovative Research at The West Center
December 13, 2019
University of the Sciences (USciences) and West Pharmaceutical Services (West) celebrated 20 years since the establishment of the West Center for Computational Chemistry and Drug Design during a celebration on USciences' campus on December 12, 2019.
- For DrOT Alumna, USciences Provided an Accelerated Program and a Fulfilling Campus Experience
December 03, 2019
Pooja Patel DrOT'17 found that USciences offered an accelerated degree program and a well-rounded education.
- USciences PhD Graduate is Driven to Find Cure for HIV, Cancer
November 19, 2019
When asked about her career goals, Weam Elbezanti PhD'19 (cell and molecular biology) aims high. Originally from Libya, Dr. Elbezanti is continuing her research at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine.
- USciences Hosts Data Science Roundtable on Campus
November 19, 2019
USciences hosted a dozen professionals working in the field of data science on campus on November 7, 2019, as part of a series of events with students, faculty, and staff.
- Alumni, Friends Honored During USciences Reunion Weekend
October 22, 2019
Hundreds of USciences alumni returned to campus on October 12, 2019, to pay a visit to alma mater and celebrate their connection to the University.
- Alumnae Share 5 Tips for Starting Your Own Clinical Practice
October 21, 2019
Janki Patel MOT'12 and Brittany Smith MOT'12 share their advice for others looking to open an independent clinical practice, just as they did with Jump Ahead Pediatrics.
- The Heart of the Matter: Alumnae Strive to Make OT Services Accessible for All Families
October 21, 2019
Offering quality care to their patients isn't enough for BRITTANY SMITH MOT'12 and JANKI PATEL MOT'12. As the founders of Jump Ahead Pediatrics, headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, the alumnae are on a quest to make occupational therapy and speech therapy treatments for children in need more affordable and achievable for families.
- Melissa Akacha PharmD'04: Taking Care of Our Neighbors When They Are in Need
October 21, 2019
Using her healthcare experience, Dr. Akacha partnered with Jennifer Elsier, a close friend and a medical social worker, to triage the situation. Dr. Akacha approached the car, discovering a woman named Lynn, who had been living in her car for approximately two years.
- Hundreds Get Hands-on Training at 2nd Annual Central High School Day
October 15, 2019
Hundreds of high school students were welcomed on the USciences campus October 14, 2019, for the 2nd Annual Central High School Day, a university-wide effort to introduce students to fields in health sciences.
- 43rd and Woodland: A New Podcast for USciences Students and Alumni
October 01, 2019
USciences Young Professional Organization (YPO) is bringing professional development content to your fingertips. YPO is excited to introduce 43rd and Woodland, a new podcast by USciences Young Professionals curated to help students and young alumni navigate career and life.
- Attendees Learn About Pain Management at 2019 Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
September 27, 2019
Joseph M. Donnelly, PT, DHS, OCS, clinical professor and director of post-professional programs at Mercer University, spoke about the neuroscience of pain and the management and application of individuals with neurologic impairment at the 19th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture on September 26, 2019 held on campus in the Science and Technology Center.