In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Faculty Author Textbook 'Effective Scientific Communication'
July 09, 2020
Cristina Hanganu-Bresch, PhD, assistant director of Writing Programs and professor of writing and rhetoric, and Kelleen Flaherty, former assistant professor of Biomedical Writing at USciences, authored a textbook "Effective Scientific Communication: The Other Half of Science."
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Professor Amy Janke Accepted into College of Physicians
June 17, 2020
Amy Janke, PhD, associate professor of psychology, has been accepted as a Fellow into the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
- USciences Celebrates Employee Service in Virtual Ceremony
June 16, 2020
While the annual employee recognition reception looked different from previous years, the purpose remained the same- to honor those who have served the USciences campus community.
- Patricia Ingerick Joins USciences Online as Director of Academics
June 16, 2020
Patricia Ingerick, MBA, MSHS, D.Ed. joined USciences in February as the Director of Academics within the USciences Online team.
- Professor Publishes Research of the Impact of Occupational Therapists During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Wendy Walsh PhD, OTR/L, in collaboration with Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, of West Virignia University's School of Medicine, have been published by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Dr. Roberto Ramos Featured on WHYY Science Podcast
June 10, 2020
Roberto Ramos PhD, associate professor of physics, was featured on WHYY's weekly health and science podcast, The Pulse.
- USciences Honors Elisabetta Fasella with Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 01, 2020
At the 199th Commencement Ceremony, Elisabetta Fasella, PhD was honored with the Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching. The award is made possible through a gift from Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback, and is given to a faculty member who is chosen by students for their excellence.
- Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 Found Proven Pathway to Medical School at USciences
May 19, 2020
Sahas Chandragiri BMS'20 comes from a family of doctors. Chandragiri will be attending Cooper Medical School of Rowan University in Camden, NJ this fall following in his family's footsteps.
- Bright Spots: USciences Professor Shares Her Experience Teaching During COVID-19
May 07, 2020
After the COVID-19 pandemic launched students and faculty into virtual classrooms, one USciences professor learned how distance can forge deeper connections.
- USciences Professor Michael Robert Discusses Projection Models Amidst COVID-19
May 07, 2020
Michael Robert PhD, Assistant Professor of Mathematics, is featured on KYW Newsradio's In Depth: Coronavirus Podcast to discuss projection models in relation to COVID-19.
- USciences, Cabrini Sign Articulation Agreement
May 04, 2020
University of the Sciences and Cabrini University have signed two articulation agreements allowing students who graduate from Cabrini to transition into USciences' Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program.
- USciences Emergency Fund Provides Support to Student Needs During COVID-19
May 01, 2020
As the academic year winds down, Student Affairs continues to directly assist students and their families who are feeling the immediate economic impacts of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Psychology of Coronavirus
April 30, 2020
Alysson Light, PhD, assistant professor of psychology at USciences, discusses the psychology of Coronavirus.
- USciences Community Members Donate Homemade Masks for Essential Employees
April 29, 2020
Amidst the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, members of the USciences community have answered the call for donations of homemade masks for essential employees still working on campus. Senior Victoria Pobok BI'20, MedHum'20, and Karen Levinson PhD, Director of the Counseling Center, both stepped up to help.
- Campus Recreation Offers USciences Students, Faculty, and Staff Opportunity to Stay Active with Zoom Workouts
April 16, 2020
With the Athletic Recreation Center (ARC) closed along with nearly every gym across the region, the opportunity for University of the Sciences students, faculty and staff to work out in a controlled setting, while balancing the workload of the semester, has never been more limited.
- USciences Hosts Fulbright Scholar Studying Drugs to Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases
April 13, 2020
The Fulbright Program is an international educational exchange program which is sponsored by the United States government. It allows for international collaborations in research, teaching, and other scholarly activities.
- USciences Donates More than 60,000 Pieces of Personal Protective Equipment
April 06, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences faculty and staff have collected personal protective equipment (PPE) from across campus to donate to healthcare institutions in Philadelphia.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.