In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- USciences Holds Virtual MLK Day of Service
January 21, 2021
While this year's event was not able to include the usual in-person acts of service that have happened in years past, the day was still filled with a series of virtual service and learning sessions.
- Connelly Foundation Grant Funds Partnership Between USciences and St. Francis de Sales
January 14, 2021
USciences has received a $25,000 grant from the Connelly Foundation to support a new partnership aimed at engaging local catholic school students in science.
- Professor Receives WW Smith Charitable Fund Award for the Second Time
January 12, 2021
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry Zhihong Wang, PhD, has been awarded over $122,000 from the WW Smith Charitable Trust to fund her project entitled "Development of Novel Allosteric Inhibitors Targeting the MAPK Signaling Pathway in Lung Cancer".
- Board of Trustees Appoints New Roth Chair
January 12, 2021
University of the Sciences' Board of Trustees unanimously appointed Associate Professor of biology Bela Peethambaran, PhD, as the Abraham and Edythe Roth Chair in Pharmacognosy/Natural Products.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences' Hepatitis C Effort
December 04, 2020
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Celebrating the Bicentennial Edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
November 25, 2020
The 23rd edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy was published in November by USciences own Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) faculty.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- Psychology Course Examines Empathy For the Atypical Experience
October 16, 2020
The course examines lived experiences that do not fit our usual image of a "typical" life: people born deaf, child prodigies, criminals, or little people, to name a few.
- Pharmacy Faculty and Alumni Honored by Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association recently presented awards to Richard Ost P'82; Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH; and Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, at a Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.
- 20th Annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Goes Virtual
October 02, 2020
USciences' annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture went virtual for its 20th year, finding great success through this adapted format.
- USciences Students, Snider Hockey Alumnae Discuss STEM Education
September 09, 2020
USciences’ Center for Undergraduate Research and Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the Franklin Institute and The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation have been holding a series of virtual STEM talks and activities that are part of “Sparking STEM Explorations and Connections.”
- USciences Faculty Prepare for Hybrid Teaching with Online Course
September 09, 2020
As faculty prepare for another semester with many teaching in virtual classrooms, several prepared by taking part in their own online course over the summer.
- Pharmacy Students Find Success Despite Adjusting to Virtual Learning
August 24, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) rapidly caused changes and shutdowns across the country, USciences students and faculty had to adapt quickly to a virtual educational experience. In the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, courses and certificate programs were made virtual and still showed student successes.
- PCP Faculty Team Up to Help Students Complete Practice Experiences Amidst COVID Shutdowns
August 24, 2020
Professors from USciences' Philadelphia College of Pharmacy came together to create an interactive virtual experiential course for students who had their IPPEs interrupted.
- Under the Microscope: A Spotlight on Faculty Research
August 19, 2020
A look at the research of faculty members including Anil D'Mello PhD, Anne Galgon, PT, PhD, and Michelle Kanther, PhD.
- Christina Hopkins Psy'14 Returns to Alma Mater as Adjunct Professor
August 17, 2020
University of the Sciences equipped Christina Hopkins Psy'14 with all the tools necessary to move on and be successful in graduate school; now she hopes to do the same for current and future USciences students.
- USciences Class Tackles Power, Democracy, and Oppression in the U.S.
August 13, 2020
Power Democracy and Oppression (MD 213) is offered to provide students a space to learn about the experiences of diverse populations so that they might become global citizens.
- USciences Online Launches Medical Cannabis Certificate Programs
August 12, 2020
As the medical cannabis industry continues to grow, USciences has launched three new certificate programs to help those interested in entering the industry. The programs include an undergraduate certificate in Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales and graduate certificates in The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry and Medical Cannabis for Health Professionals.