In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
Associate Director of Communications
University of the Sciences
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
- Faculty and Alum Have Medical Marijuana Study Published
September 21, 2021
The results of a study conducted by USciences faculty examining patients using medical marijuana was recently published in the journal Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids.
- High School Student gets Experience Researching Cell Movement in Biological Sciences Lab
September 10, 2021
In the lab of Chris Janetopoulos, PhD, associate professor of biological sciences, high school students work alongside undergraduates to study how cells move.
- USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
August 24, 2021
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences' three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
- Undergrads Spend Summer Studying Alzheimer's Disease
August 17, 2021
Two USciences students participated in the Alzheimer's Summer Internship program at the University of Pennsylvania's Penn Memory Center for black or African American students.
- New Book by Physics Professor Explores the Big Bang Debate
August 12, 2021
Paul Halpern, PhD has recently published a new book titled Flashes of Creation: George Gamow, Fred Hoyle, and the Great Big Bang Debate.
- Middle School Students Experiment with STEM During USciences Camp
August 12, 2021
Seventh and Eighth grade students from St. Francis de Sales School in West Philadelphia participated in a two-week long STEM camp.
- Q&A With USciences Online Health Administration Faculty
August 12, 2021
With more than 20 years' experience in corporate healthcare environments, Susan Aloi, PhD, shares her expertise with students in USciences Online's Health Administration program.
- USciences Online Launches Epidemiology Course
August 05, 2021
COVID-19 has brought a new focus on public health and the field of epidemiology as a whole. This same focus is offered to future healthcare leaders in USciences Online's newly developed course "Managerial Epidemiology and Population Health for Healthcare Organizations.
- Scientists Inspire Girls to Pursue STEM at Physics Wonder Girls Camp
July 14, 2021
Female scientists working in industry and research addressed dozens of girls participating in the 2021 Physics Wonder Girls Camp at USciences. The camp was hosted virtually this year and offered to middle school girls interested in physics.
- Physical Therapy Lab Focuses on Accuracy and Ease of Implementing Technology
June 10, 2021
Associate Professor Anne Galgon and her team of student researchers aim to not only improve the function of technology, but also make it easier for clinicians to understand and seamlessly implement into their daily practices.
- Physical Therapy Lab Conducts Pilot Study on Physical Activity in Caregivers
June 10, 2021
Students from the Department of Physical Therapy have been working to determine the accuracy of two different step counting devices.
- Julie Nguyen BC'21 Prepared for Success in Medical School, Cancer Research
May 26, 2021
A standout student and researcher who will soon author her first scholarly article, Julie Nguyen BC'21 plans to attend medical school following graduation to continue cancer research. Nguyen earned the distinction of valedictorian and addressed the Class of 2021 at the Bicentennial Commencement Ceremony on May 26, 2021.
- At USciences, Conor Glass PHTX'21 Found Passion and Community
May 26, 2021
While Conor Glass PHTX'21 graduated from USciences with the Bicentennial Class in 2021, he is prepared to return to campus in short order to continue his education in the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Downs Dedicates His Career to Educating About Substance Use Disorder
May 19, 2021
A well-respected professor of clinical pharmacy with more than 48 years at University of the Sciences, George E. Downs PharmD'72 has dedicated his career to educating student pharmacists about the prevention of substance abuse and the role of a pharmacist in helping those with substance use disorders (SUD).
- A Voice for Change: 50 Years of the Black Student Union at USciences
May 17, 2021
In 1971, a handful of students who sought to offer a voice for Black students on campus came together to found the precursor to the Black Student Union, the first student group of its kind at what was then Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science.
- Gender Race and Justice Course Focuses on Social Injustice
May 04, 2021
A new course offered in Misher College of Arts and Sciences beginning in the Fall of 2020 focuses on inequalities of race, class, and gender and highlights how these inequalities intersect with our system of justice.
- Students Present COVID Research at 18th Annual Research Day
April 26, 2021
In a mix of pre-recorded and virtual live presentations, students from across the University showcased their work on a variety of topics, including COVID-19.
- Elkanah Linder PharmD'21 Lands Fulbright Scholarship to Continue Research in Sweden
April 22, 2021
For Elkanah Linder PharmD'21, earning the prestigious Fulbright Foreign Scholarship is more than just a chance to conduct research abroad, but allows her to continue to investigate an issue to which she intends to dedicate her career.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Mechanism, Efficacy, and Safety
April 09, 2021
USciences faculty experts are breaking down the COVID-19 vaccine, sharing more behind the science of mRNA, mechanism, efficacy and safety.
- Cohort of Physician Assistant Students Finds Success in Virtual Labs, Classrooms
March 15, 2021
While some programs at USciences had to undergo extensive adaptations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Samson College's Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PA) welcomed students to campus one day per week for in-person lab work.