In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences Awarded $5.2 Million in Research Grants for 2021 Fiscal Year
Researchers and investigators from throughout University of the Sciences’ three colleges were awarded $5.2 million for nearly 30 grant and contract funding awards in 2021 to support ongoing investigations and support student involvement in research and training.
The grant funding was awarded from private foundations as well as state and federal sponsors.
Notable grants and contracts include:
- Jason Wallach, PhD, associate professor of pharmaceutical sciences, was awarded funding from Compass Pathways and Bexson Biomedical, Inc to support his research.
- James Hollands, PharmD, associate professor of clinical pharmacy, continues to expand the Pharmaceutical Industry and Education Fellowship Program with pharmaceutical companies such as CSL Behring, Johnson and Johnson, and Janssen, Kyowa Kirin, and Genmab US.
- Zhihong Wang, PhD, associate professor of chemistry and biochemistry, and Zhijun Li, professor of bioinformatics, were awarded funding from the WW Smith Charitable Trust to research novel allosteric inhibitors targeting the MAPK Signaling Pathway in Lung Cancer.
- Madeline King, PharmD, assistant professor of clinical pharmacy, was awarded the 2021-2022 Pharmacotherapy Award from the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists designed to provide residents with broad exposure to various patient populations with infectious diseases and learn different practice styles.
- Margie Roos PT, DPT, PhD, professor of physical therapy, Gregory Thielman, PT, MSPT, EdD, professor of physical therapy, and Karin Richards, assistant professor of health sciences, were awarded funding from the Edna G. Kynett Memorial Foundation for a project that implements a low cost, accessible telehealth exercise program for stroke survivors combining community health and research.
Research and project funding helps to support faculty as they work to advance their respective fields, but also provides an opportunity for education as students have the ability to gain hands-on experience in various research areas as early as their first year.
Categories: News, Faculty, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College of Health Sciences, Research