In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Student Org Spotlight: Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA)
Students in the USciences Occupational Therapy program can find connections outside of class at the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA). Org President Brielle Odd DrOT’24 shared more about SOTA.
Describe SOTA- what is the purpose or mission?
The purpose of SOTA is to increase awareness and knowledge about our profession within the campus and community. The members of this club will engage in a multitude of educational, social, fundraising, advocacy, and professional development activities. These activities contribute to the members, campus, and community.
Why should people join?
The organization allows you to branch out to others outside of your classes. It allows members to become more aware of our profession and make connections with others. We get to meet people who are in the field practicing, as well as connect with students who are older and younger than you. We also have guest lecturers, so you always get to learn more!
Why did you join SOTA?
I joined this organization because I was interested in meeting other students who have the same passion that I do for occupational therapy. What I like more about this club is that we get to listen to guest speakers who have great experience in the profession, as well as hear from other professors.
What are SOTA members like?
Our members are very friendly and always welcoming of new members. We look for people who are passionate, hard working, and love to learn!
What kind of events do you participate in throughout the year?
Some events include Pink-a-thon, Cookies with Santa, OT vs PT volleyball game, Backpack Awareness Day, and many others.
My favorite is Pink-a-thon, where we raise money for breast cancer survivors. There are fun games and prizes you can win at this event as well.
Connect with SOTA on Instagram @usci_sota
Categories: News, Students, Student Life, Occupational Therapy